ER-4P replacements
Oct 4, 2009 at 8:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

LDM

New Head-Fier
All right, so, last week, my Etymotic ER-4Ps got sucked up while my dad was vacuuming. They're ruined. These were recommended to me some time ago on Head-Fi and I couldn't have been more pleased. I'm a mid-range fan, though in general, I like that overall flat response. The ER-4Ps, IMO, excelled best in the mid-range, but were not overbearing in any frequency and still accurately represented the full audio spectrum.

My ONLY problem with them was the length of the cord. Way too long for my portable uses. I understand that there are ways around this, and I haven't ruled out NOT purchasing these guys again, but I was wondering if there was a suggested pair of portable cans with a similar quality and price range to the ER-4Ps with a shorter cord.

Thanks.

Oct 4, 2009 at 8:28 PM Post #2 of 14
If you are used to the ER-4P level of detail, the RE0 is the only IEM I can think of with a shorter cord that may not leave you wanting more.

Also, how exactly are your ER-4P ruined? Because if it's the cord, that's easily replaceable.

Oct 4, 2009 at 8:47 PM Post #3 of 14
how long have u had them? you could check with etymotic's customer service and find out if they could replace them

Oct 4, 2009 at 11:51 PM Post #4 of 14
O Please send them back to Etymotic for repair. Almost ALWAYS they either repair for free or replace the entire IEM free. Customer service is fantastic and quite quick. Then, if you want,go to Apuresound and order a custom cable in whatever shorter length you want. So what you have is (1) a new pair of IEMs and (2) a custom cable. Can't beat that, I'd think

O forgot to add: they replaced FREEE a five year old pair I had that I sent in for minor repair. SO no worries about how long you've had them. Send them in and see what happens

Oct 5, 2009 at 12:54 AM Post #6 of 14
The only thing that replaces an Ety ER4p is another ety ER4p.

Oct 5, 2009 at 2:23 AM Post #8 of 14
Be honest.

Oct 5, 2009 at 2:32 AM Post #9 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by LDM /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wasn't aware of Etymotic's acclaimed customer service. Do I lie to them, or do I say it straight and hope that they fix them anyway?

Tell them what happened. They will ask you to ship it to them, they will give you an RMA number, put the number inside the envelope. They will call you once they are finished analyzing your IEM. This can take 2 to 3 weeks.

Oct 5, 2009 at 7:23 AM Post #10 of 14
Yes 5 stars for Etymotics customer service

Oct 5, 2009 at 3:10 PM Post #11 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by nc8000 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes 5 stars for Etymotics customer service

Seconded... Except they wouldn't ship mine back until I payed for a new wire. =/

Oct 5, 2009 at 5:45 PM Post #12 of 14
If you like detailed midrange and want overall balanced sound then Cresyn C750 willbe great choice. But it's better to contact Etymotic customer service first and let them know if they can repair it.

Nov 1, 2009 at 6:11 PM Post #14 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by LDM /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have e-mailed Etymotic twice in the last two weeks and have received no response. Is this typical?

I've had the same problem on a couple of occassions. Call them. Thats what I do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back