Equalizer Software
Nov 7, 2008 at 4:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

randomasdf

100+ Head-Fier
Does anybody know of an equalizer software that uses "vectors" similar to the warp or pen tool in Photoshop that allows you to basically set points and curves rather than having to individually set the volume of each range of frequencies?

Nov 7, 2008 at 4:22 PM Post #3 of 7
I am pretty sure Winamp has a EQ plugin like that. You can draw the curve. I think it is "EQ by Nevi"

There are many good EQ plugins for Dirccet X and VST that can be used with Winamp and maybe some other players.

Nov 7, 2008 at 11:26 PM Post #4 of 7
Thanks for the quick replies
But will VST plugins work with my soundcard(it's an m-audio soundcard which i also use as a usb->optical), considering normal volume control functions won't? I'm also used to using foobar, not so much winamp =|

Nov 7, 2008 at 11:30 PM Post #5 of 7
VST don't really have much to do with the soundcard in the way you think.
They will work fine. I am unsure but I think Foobar has a VST bridge that would allow you to use these effects.

Nov 8, 2008 at 2:12 AM Post #6 of 7
I installed the VST bridge for foobar, but I can't tell any difference. Does my sonica drivers have something to do with this? (I'm using outdated microsoft drivers for it, not ASIO)

Nov 8, 2008 at 8:12 AM Post #7 of 7
If you can't tell any difference (between no EQ and EQ in use) then you just don't have the EQ in use yet. Drivers does not have anything to do with this because EQ processing is done in software.

- install the EQ(s) you like to use/try
- install George Yohng's VST Wrapper (listed in my sig)
- start Foobar and let the VST Wrapper scan available plug-ins
- enable VST Wrapper in Foobar (DSP MAnager: send into Active DSPs slot)
- configure the VST wrapper to load the EQ you like to use
- etc..

jiitee

Users who are viewing this thread

Back