equalizer for sennheiser's HD650
Jul 23, 2018 at 12:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Adelfaidah

New Head-Fier
hey guys i recently asked some advise on the HD650 and jds lab the element and i was surprised by all the replies, love the community here.
Now i just wanted to ask when it comes to the HD650 i heard its a pretty neutral headphone and was wondering do i need to download an equalizer application if i wanted to lets say increase the treble or bass and if so what equalizers do you guys use or recommend ?

Jul 23, 2018 at 12:34 PM Post #2 of 5
For Windows, use Equalizer APO.

For Android, for my Spotify phone I use Neutralizer, which also works with my beater IEM that doesn't have measurements posted online. For my other phone that I use with my reference system at home I use Neutron Music Player to play locally stored FLAC.

Jul 23, 2018 at 5:16 PM Post #3 of 5
The HD-650 is not all that neutral of a headphone the HD-600 would be closer to neutral than the rolled off highs and slightly elevated bass of the 650’s. If you want to increase the bass and treble maybe look for a V shaped headphone instead.

Jul 23, 2018 at 8:45 PM Post #4 of 5
EQ in this case is really only for slight adjustments that you deem necessary after first getting accustomed to the HD 650 without it.

Jul 24, 2018 at 12:55 AM Post #5 of 5
The HD-650 is not all that neutral of a headphone the HD-600 would be closer to neutral than the rolled off highs and slightly elevated bass of the 650’s. If you want to increase the bass and treble maybe look for a V shaped headphone instead.

Despite the disparity between under 1000hz and above 1000hz on the HD650 though there are some who will hear that 3500hz spike on the HD600 (plus the earlier bass roll off) as a bigger problem. There's really no sure quantitative way to determine which one is more neutral - it's really more of "which compromises one can live with (or prefer)."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back