Episode II
May 13, 2002 at 4:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

kelly

Herr Babelfish der Übersetzer, he wore a whipped-cream-covered tutu for this title.
To me, no matter what your opinion is of the Star Wars films or of George Lucas' directing abilities and cast choices, Star Wars films are an EVENT for people in my generation.

I have tickets for the Wesneday (Thursday morning, technically) 12:01 AM at the biggest theater in Texas.

How's everyone else doing?

This is an absolute killer week. New Rush album Tuesday, new Star Wars film Wednesday and Headroom hits Dallas next Saturday.

May 13, 2002 at 5:07 AM Post #2 of 16
I am absolutely shivering in anticipation of the horrid exploitation of a product name that will be Episode Two: Attack of the Groans. From the clips of the movie I've seen, it's absolutely horrid... critics seem unanimous in denouncing the film as absolute rubbish that doesn't even care to be good because people will watch it anyway.

But I am one of those people... I am such a sheep. Oh well.

May 13, 2002 at 5:10 AM Post #3 of 16
BEND OVER, HERE COMES ANOTHER STAR WARS FILM.

I feel your pain, dude. I hated Episode 1, and am not particularly optimistic about this new instalment. But, like every other 23-year-old, I will be lining up to pay my 13 bucks.

May 13, 2002 at 5:49 AM Post #4 of 16
Yup, I didn't much like Episode I, either. But, I will inevitably see Episode II (I won't be able to do a midnight viewing, though); the Force is just too strong to resist. I hope there's some plot to this one. Like Dennis Miller said (in Obi-Wan voice), "Use the script".

Kelly, I'm also looking forward to the new Rush album. I hope it's good!

May 13, 2002 at 5:57 AM Post #5 of 16
I'm not as pessimistic as you guys. By most measurable standards, Ep. 1 was a baffling and disjointed movie, but the political build up to and the actual war of the clones, plus the tension of the developing power of young Anakin should prove to make a more dynamic and interesting movie.

I hope so. Though unlike last time I did not camp out for tickets and I am perfectly content to see it a few days or weeks after it opens. I think the anticipation that Ep. 1 would be an incredible movie is what killed many peoples enjoyment of it; we had extremely high expectations, and the film just wasn't up to the bloated anticipation.

I think that being a bit more cagey and not expecting so much will help to make for a much more involving experience.

May 13, 2002 at 6:35 AM Post #6 of 16
new rush cd? okay!
oh, starwars....again i'll wait until the video comes out...
spiderman was cool though.
md

May 13, 2002 at 4:16 PM Post #7 of 16
All of the english newspapers love it. there is a link from the BBC website with a score of glowing reviews. I bought tickets fro the digital showing of the movie in NY, I can't wait to see it, and I trust only one reviewer, myself.

May 13, 2002 at 4:28 PM Post #8 of 16
Session76, which theatre in NYC has the digital projector? Is it the Sony near Lincoln center? I definitely want to see it presented digitally the first time.

May 13, 2002 at 5:53 PM Post #9 of 16
the theater is the AMC Empire 25
address and phone number
234 W 42nd St.
212 398 3939

i got tix for the 300 show, buy tix fast because they are selling out quickly if you want to see it on opening day,
this is the only theater showing it digitally in NYC

good luck

May The Force Be With You

May 13, 2002 at 6:59 PM Post #10 of 16
gah! You guys are lucky.
frown.gif
I don't think there are any digital projectors here in Pittsburgh. Any way to check?

I'm seeing it on Thursday, around 5.

May 13, 2002 at 7:06 PM Post #11 of 16
Quote:

Originally posted by kelly
This is an absolute killer week. New Rush album Tuesday, new Star Wars film Wednesday

Sounds like a good week to go fishing...

May 13, 2002 at 7:56 PM Post #12 of 16
Quote:

Originally posted by andrzejpw
gah! You guys are lucky.
frown.gif
I don't think there are any digital projectors here in Pittsburgh. Any way to check?

I'm seeing it on Thursday, around 5.

go to the starwars.com web site they should have a list posted there

May 13, 2002 at 10:37 PM Post #13 of 16
Alot of the early reviews I've read have given it a thumbs up. They say it is MUCH better than ep.1, yet not as good as any of the original trilogy.

I'll still wait to see what some of my (non-Star Wars loving) friends have to say before I go.

May 13, 2002 at 11:23 PM Post #14 of 16
you know...they say that digital projection is NOT much different than regular film that has only been viewed a few times....

digital projection shines because it doesnt degrade in quality over time.....while film starts to have small problems after a few days of 4 or so showings....

with that said i have midnite tickets already.....i plan on seeing it digitally within a week of opening as well (i heard a rumour that lucas put an extra scene in the digital version to attract ppl to it).

all fans of star wars who want line up and theatre info should visit their local message boards at theforce.net.....they have message boards for almost every big city in north america and europe....

PLUS: if you live in canada and are a star wars fan u MUST check out snowtroopers.ca the best canadian star wars site ever!

May 13, 2002 at 11:48 PM Post #15 of 16
What is the rush for digital projectors/recorders other than cost cutting? The resolution is not as good as film.

This seems like the same old thing as with audio CD...

I have a feeling that introducing digital cinema NOW is going to have the negative effect of giving the impression that digital cinema is not as good as film PERIOD(which would be bad for the future of digital movies).

I AM PRO DIGITAL for everything audio and video, but not if the resolution is clearly lacking to a competitive analouge medium. It's not digital that's the problem, it's the resolution!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back