'Environmental Sonic Amplification' for earphone/headphone
Nov 15, 2014 at 8:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Zayus

New Head-Fier
I've got a unique questions here, maybe you guys can help me out.

I'm looking for a product, but I'm not sure about terminology or I'd just Google it. It might not exist either.

A technology built into earphones and/or headphones or more likely externally into a DAC/amp that can *amplify* the noise of your environment and play it to you against your media.

I know there are electronic earmuffs out there, some better than others, that are designed to compress the decibels of loud noises like those produced by drills and lathes to equate them in strength with less assaulting noises like human speech or traffic. This concept however, is a little different.

I'm not well versed in how this would be done digitally, or how it might affect fidelity of hardware, but basically I'm trying to find earphones or headphones that pick up or record external noises and play them alongside the music or movie audio.

The purpose of this is to have your source exploit isolation for preferences regarding comfort, fidelity, and to just avoid having your audio audible to anyone but yourself, while not being cut off from your sonic environment.

I imagine this could be implemented through a DAC/amp with a microphone?

I have some idea of how a crossover and dual driven hardware could be implemented 'intelligently' to give a user the least amount of impedance between sources and, but I don't really know anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back