Entry level headphone, 100~
Sep 11, 2012 at 6:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

bumaaka

New Head-Fier
Hi guys, this is another run of the mill recommendations thread. I'm a noob to all this and would like to buy an entry level set. My budget is around 100 dollars and I'm looking for some headphones that would sound great with hiphop. It is most likely going to be for home use, so isolation, cable length, all that doesn't take precedence. All I would like is something well built, durable, and has great sound quality. Thanks!

Sep 11, 2012 at 7:19 PM Post #2 of 7
Hi guys, this is another run of the mill recommendations thread. I'm a noob to all this and would like to buy an entry level set. My budget is around 100 dollars and I'm looking for some headphones that would sound great with hiphop. It is most likely going to be for home use, so isolation, cable length, all that doesn't take precedence. All I would like is something well built, durable, and has great sound quality. Thanks!

Headphones that match your criteria perfectly are the Numark Red Waves. 70 bucks and the bass is great for hip hop, they are durable, they have great sound quality and they are very well built, like a tank. I take mine everywhere. Try them for sure.

Sep 11, 2012 at 7:28 PM Post #4 of 7
You can start on the cheap with the Panasonic RP-HTF600 or the Ultrasone HFI-450. 

Sep 11, 2012 at 7:55 PM Post #6 of 7
rumor is that the jvc harx 700 uses the same drivers as the htf 600 but I can't verify it. They look a little more robust.

Sep 11, 2012 at 8:03 PM Post #7 of 7
Quote:
rumor is that the jvc harx 700 uses the same drivers as the htf 600 but I can't verify it. They look a little more robust.

JVC's sound great but they are BIG. Thats an issue if op is planning to use the headphones everywhere (not only for home listening)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back