Enjoying my shuffle
Mar 5, 2006 at 12:02 AM Post #16 of 39
If grado`s are considered portable, I`m just gonna use my hd650 as my portable can.

I was thinking something more like E2C/E3C or maybe the flavour of the month the CX300. Isolation would be nice.

Mar 5, 2006 at 12:37 AM Post #17 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Monkey
For travel, I use the Shuffle with my super.fi 5 pro's. To me, this is just an awesome travel combo--although I like it with the E4 as well....

How does the isolation with the super.fi's compare with the E4s? I'm thinking about a travel phone upgrade and I think the super.fi's would be a nice step up from the E2C. I was wondering about isolation though.

Mar 5, 2006 at 2:52 AM Post #18 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by gdpeck
How does the isolation with the super.fi's compare with the E4s? I'm thinking about a travel phone upgrade and I think the super.fi's would be a nice step up from the E2C. I was wondering about isolation though.

E4 isolates more, by a significant amount, IMO. The sf5p does not insert as deeply into the ear canal, and as a result, the isolation is not as good both in terms of blocking outside noise and leakage. The sf5p has good isolation, mid you, but the E4 has excellent isolation.

Mar 5, 2006 at 11:28 PM Post #19 of 39
I`m looking for IEM`s that will sound hd650ishh......

could there be such one?

Mar 6, 2006 at 7:20 PM Post #20 of 39
I bought the Sony EX71 very impulsive and must say they are very comfortable.
They even block out some noise.

Nice bass and not too expensive, I don`t have to worry about losing or breaking them.

Mar 6, 2006 at 7:48 PM Post #21 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by cylanes
Nice bass and not too expensive, I don`t have to worry about losing or breaking them.

An important point. I've already lost one pair of sf5p's. it was very painful.

Mar 8, 2006 at 3:48 AM Post #23 of 39
By the end of this week, I'll have my 1gig Shuffle and the Oxygen iSkin Duo.

Can't wait
icon10.gif

Edit: For the Shuffle, I'm gonna use AAC @ 128.

Mar 8, 2006 at 4:18 AM Post #24 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by HiGHFLYiN9
So what bitrate are you guys using with the shuffle thats a nice compromise between quantity and quality? Anyone have any cool shuffle accessories?

I use anywhere from 128-192 AAC.

No accessories. I let it take its knocks and it keeps on smilin'.

Mar 9, 2006 at 4:16 AM Post #25 of 39
I didn't know what AAC was when I first posted in this thread but I'm glad I found out. Half of the small collection I dumped on the shuffle was mp3, and the rest of it was ripped in iTunes so it automatically used AAC. I was wondering why some of the songs on the shuffle sounded decent and some not so great. I re-ripped the mp3 format stuff today in iTunes to boost the SQ a bit. I seem to be getting a lot of entertainment out of the shuffle so far. We'll see if it lasts
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 9, 2006 at 12:26 PM Post #26 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by HiGHFLYiN9
So what bitrate are you guys using with the shuffle thats a nice compromise between quantity and quality? Anyone have any cool shuffle accessories?

Anything from 192kps to 320kps here. All MP3's.

Mar 10, 2006 at 6:58 AM Post #27 of 39
Well, I have it; put on the iSkin, threw in all 600+MB of songs (128 AAC), and so far I like it. It just feels weird that there's nothing to screw around with while you're listening to music.

I'm betting this is going to be something that will grow on me. Hopefully it will, because I have it personalized
tongue.gif

Mar 10, 2006 at 10:55 PM Post #28 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by cylanes
I`m looking for some portable headphones to pair up with the shuffle.

Any recommendations??

i think if you're going minimalist, you must get canalphones

Mar 10, 2006 at 11:14 PM Post #30 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronald Mcdonut
CYLANES

I would reccomend using the grado sr60's with the ipod shuffle, no need for amplication and It sounds fantastic

that's a beautiful choice, but not for portable use imho

Users who are viewing this thread

Back