Enjoying my shuffle
Mar 3, 2006 at 7:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 39

cylanes

100+ Head-Fier
Hi,

at the moment I`m having fun with my shuffle,
I love the simplicity and the design.
and if I want to hear albums, just put albums on it.

I don`t need my complete collection on the go. Really I`m no apple fanboy..but love this simple thing. My previous DAP`s are the Zen Micro and the MuVo.

But this thingie is much more user-friendly and suits my purposes....why didn`t I buy it sooner. Cause it`s from Evil Apple.
Evil or not, I like it.

Mar 3, 2006 at 7:36 PM Post #2 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by cylanes
Hi,

at the moment I`m having fun with my shuffle,
I love the simplicity and the design.
and if I want to hear albums, just put albums on it.

I don`t need my complete collection on the go. Really I`m no apple fanboy..but love this simple thing. My previous DAP`s are the Zen Micro and the MuVo.

But this thingie is much more user-friendly and suits my purposes....why didn`t I buy it sooner. Cause it`s from Evil Apple.
Evil or not, I like it.

I love my shuffle too. In fact I've been using only the shuffle as my traveling music player lately. I put a few albums that I'm interested in hearing at the top of the Shuffle playlist, autofill the rest and I'm good for a few days of portable listening pleasure.

Battery life has only been an issue one time, when I left the power switch turned on, and somehow managed to position the shuffle in my laptop bag, so that the button was getting pushed all day long.

I also like the fact that it drives my E2Cs very well without an amp, unlike my 3G ipod. It's the perfect airplane player in my mind.

Plus you don't have to baby it. I just recieved (won in a contest, lucky me) a 4GB nano, and after one day of having it exposed to air, there are already little tiny scratches on the metal side, and fingerprints all over the thing. I am an apple fanboy, and I love the way the nano looks, and sounds, but I feel like I have to be in a clean room environment everytime I want to use it.

Screen schmeen.

Mar 3, 2006 at 11:30 PM Post #3 of 39
I`m looking for some portable headphones to pair up with the shuffle.

Any recommendations??

Mar 4, 2006 at 12:07 AM Post #4 of 39
I just got mine yesterday and am enjoying it so far. I'm currently dumping my favorite albums into iTunes so I can fill the bugger up. I decided on 192k, which looks like it will allow about 150 songs to fit on the 1gig version. I got a little Centrion leather case for it at Circuit City for 10 bucks, although it's probably not necessary. I'm using my PortaPros with it currently.

Mar 4, 2006 at 12:15 AM Post #5 of 39
I'm short on cash right now, but I found a 1gb shuffle at my gym the other day and listened to it a bit. Sounds VERY good with my KSC-35's, far better than my old 4G. I'm not quite sure how to describe it.. I guess it's just much more dynamic and involving. I turned the shuffle into the gym office, but maybe in a week or two if no one claims it, they'll just let me have it. I brought it up 4 days ago and no one's gotten it yet.

*crosses fingers*

Mar 4, 2006 at 1:43 AM Post #6 of 39
Quote:

Any recommendations??

If you don't need IEM's try the Senn PX 100's. I purchased a pair of these for my wife about a week back and have been burning them in with my Shuffle, she'll be using her Shuffle with the PX 100's, she gets em when she gets back in town this weekend.

Mar 4, 2006 at 1:45 AM Post #7 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by Echopac
If you don't need IEM's try the Senn PX 100's. I purchased a pair of these for my wife about a week back and have been burning them in with my Shuffle, she'll be using her Shuffle with the PX 100's, she gets em when she gets back in town this weekend.

ehm I already own the PX100`s, looking for something super portable.

Mar 4, 2006 at 4:56 AM Post #9 of 39
Quote:

Any recommendations??

I enjoy the following portable phones with my shuffle:

Koss KSC75
Koss KSC35
Shure E2C (modded)
Sennheiser MX400

Mar 4, 2006 at 6:18 AM Post #10 of 39
Quote:

Any recommendations??

i would suggest the sf 5 EB's, use mp3 gain to lower the volumn on your mp3's and turn the volumn up on the shuffle, put in some goa trance and it will leave you speachless

Mar 4, 2006 at 6:19 PM Post #12 of 39
For travel, I use the Shuffle with my super.fi 5 pro's. To me, this is just an awesome travel combo--although I like it with the E4 as well.

Small, nice SQ, and not so precious that I can't toss it in my bag without worrying about dreaded scratches. I think the Shuffle is a seriously underrated product.

EDIR: just realized that I said the exact smae thing as gdpeck, though not as well.
wink.gif

Mar 4, 2006 at 8:38 PM Post #13 of 39
Quote:

ehm I already own the PX100`s, looking for something super portable.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronald Mcdonut
I would reccomend using the grado sr60's with the ipod shuffle

Last time I checked, Grado SR60's are hardly super portable. While they don't need an amp, I wouldn't even call them portable.

Mar 4, 2006 at 11:44 PM Post #14 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by meat01
Last time I checked, Grado SR60's are hardly super portable. While they don't need an amp, I wouldn't even call them portable.

LOL. Yeah, they're just about portable as the new iPod "hi-fi" dock thing.

I'd recommend something in the streetstyle catagory. G74?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back