Enjoy the summer while it lasts
Jun 2, 2015 at 11:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Spareribs

Headphoneus Supremus
Summer is coming however, it goes by fast. So make sure that you savor each day while it lasts. Before ya know it, it's over baby.

Jun 2, 2015 at 12:18 PM Post #3 of 8
I live in Australia and it's cold down here........ 
eek.gif

Jun 2, 2015 at 12:26 PM Post #4 of 8
I can't wait for it to be over. I get a damn heat rash around my neck and I look ridiculous walking around with Cornstarch-laced baby powder all over my neck and shoulders. This "dry" (yeah, right) season was especially bad - I even have the heatrash on the inner side of my arms. I walk around like a tonkatsu about to jump into a wok...oh, wait, no, I'm in an oven already.

My electricity bill is way up thanks to my desperate use of the A/C to prevent heat stroke. A couple of weeks ago the heat index hit 44deg C here, three people dropped dead. One of them was an American on vacation in one of the areas best for surfing. 

After this what is "summer" farther up north will be us ducking from typhoons, but hey, as long as I don't jump into flood water, I won't get any skin diseases, whereas the dry season means that I need to be perpetually submerged in ice water just to keep my skin from going nuts.

Jun 2, 2015 at 8:10 PM Post #5 of 8
I don't much like the humidity of summer here in the Northeast USA. I'm fine with the heat, but humidity is annoying. 

I'll have school vacation from mid-June until very-late-August. I don't plan to stop working or take much of a break; I'll have more free time, but I'd love to learn some more programming, do a bit of writing, try to get a job, and exercise this summer. It'll be the first time I actually plan out and do something with my summer, and I really need to this year to get back on track and start off my next school year (11th grade) well. This year I fell back a couple times, really messed up my grades (thankfully I got most fixed and should have 90s in most classes for my final grade), and I can't do that next year if I want to get into a good college. Hoping I can put my summer to good use and accomplish at least a few of these goals.

Jun 3, 2015 at 1:32 AM Post #6 of 8
Yeah summer humidity in some parts of the world can be brutal. I used to work in an environment in a terrible humid area with no air conditioning and be stuck for 8 hours. It was torture.

Fortunately I'm in air conditioning now. But for those who stay in air conditioning and don't have to walk outside and wait for the bus, it's not really a big deal.

Summer can be very brutal and unforgiving especially back in the old days before the invention of air conditioning. Many people have died back then in heated death traps in their apartments back when air conditioning was not around. Yes, summer may look nice in photos but it was a silent mass murderer.

Anyhow, try to enjoy it!

Jun 3, 2015 at 3:04 AM Post #7 of 8
I don't like summer. The summer is just too damn long here, starts from April and ends at October. There's no A/C in the apartment I rent cuz I'm living in an developing country where is common that apartments are not equipped with any electrical appliance. The only place to stay cool is the office. 

Jun 3, 2015 at 6:13 AM Post #8 of 8
Summer can be very brutal and unforgiving especially back in the old days before the invention of air conditioning. Many people have died back then in heated death traps in their apartments back when air conditioning was not around. Yes, summer may look nice in photos but it was a silent mass murderer.

I know heat waves in India have just killed many; it's very sad. I assume it's hard to get A/C or even fans, and with temperatures reaching what they are there, it's very dangerous.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back