ENIGMAcoustics Dharma
Jul 27, 2016 at 11:19 AM Post #1,231 of 1,237

Just get them direct from Audeze.  They`ve shipped 2 sets to me here in Tokyo; their online store is simple and their tracked shipping is fast and efficient.  I would definitely recommend the `vegan` alcantara pads rather than lambskin: much more comfortable, IMO.  YMMV.  They also ship with sets of double-sided adhesive rings - not sure if that will work with the Dharma or not, but on the hifimans it`s super slick.  Here`s the link: 

https://www.audeze.com/products/accessories/lcd-earpads

O.K., good...

So LCD is the correct size for Dharma, right?

Feb 12, 2018 at 11:53 AM Post #1,232 of 1,237
picked up a pair of these second-hand recently. Seller reported that both he and first owner did not put too many hours on them. What is everyone's thought on burn in for these? How many hours are needed for it to settle? They sound good, though remember them sounding better the first time I heard them, but that was at a meet. Specifically, do wish the bottom end had more extension and was maybe a touch tighter. Did read Tyll's review of them, wondering if this is what he was talking about in regards to the bottom end.

Mar 16, 2018 at 9:01 AM Post #1,234 of 1,237
talking with a Dekoni rep, they said the TH-900 pads should fit the Dharma. I ordered a set of the Elite Hybrid pads that are up on Massdrop. Will see how that works out.

I'm using some Lawton Audio pads and the results are pretty much spectacular, tightens the bass right up while at the same time adding weight.

This is my second pair of Dharmas, gave my 1st pair to the wife as it's her favorite headphone.

This pair I got about two weeks ago and the 1st owner also said he didn't put many hours on them. The treble out the gate came out screeching, I mean the treble was like running a cheese grater over my ear drums. My wife quickly called dibs on the old pair with the stock pads and called it a day, because they really did sound like two different headphones.

Now the treble has smoothed out loads and with the Lawton pads adding bass I'm almost right where I want to be with the sound...............missing a tiny bit of sparkle up top that *may* be because of the pad difference, but I'm patient because the 1st pair took over 200 hours to burn in before they sparkled like they did at Axpona 2016, where we 1st heard them.

Mar 16, 2018 at 9:14 PM Post #1,235 of 1,237
I'm using some Lawton Audio pads and the results are pretty much spectacular, tightens the bass right up while at the same time adding weight.

This is my second pair of Dharmas, gave my 1st pair to the wife as it's her favorite headphone.

This pair I got about two weeks ago and the 1st owner also said he didn't put many hours on them. The treble out the gate came out screeching, I mean the treble was like running a cheese grater over my ear drums. My wife quickly called dibs on the old pair with the stock pads and called it a day, because they really did sound like two different headphones.

Now the treble has smoothed out loads and with the Lawton pads adding bass I'm almost right where I want to be with the sound...............missing a tiny bit of sparkle up top that *may* be because of the pad difference, but I'm patient because the 1st pair took over 200 hours to burn in before they sparkled like they did at Axpona 2016, where we 1st heard them.

On the Lawton pads, is there a fabric cover over the cemter, to protect drivers? This would be in addition to the Dharma fabric cover that is already there.

With the dekoni fostex pads there is an additional cover, I'm wandering if I should cut it out with a razor blade. As it stands, I don't like the sound with the dekoni pads. Sound is really rough around the edges, like it's struggling to breathe, just doesn't sound right. I'm debating if I should do this (cut it) or just cut my losses and try and sell the pads, reinstall stock pads.

Mar 17, 2018 at 7:04 AM Post #1,236 of 1,237
On the Lawton pads, is there a fabric cover over the cemter, to protect drivers? This would be in addition to the Dharma fabric cover that is already there.

With the dekoni fostex pads there is an additional cover, I'm wandering if I should cut it out with a razor blade. As it stands, I don't like the sound with the dekoni pads. Sound is really rough around the edges, like it's struggling to breathe, just doesn't sound right. I'm debating if I should do this (cut it) or just cut my losses and try and sell the pads, reinstall stock pads.

There is a fabric cover over the center..............now i'm wondering if i should cut it out too. Damn.

Jul 4, 2020 at 9:37 PM Post #1,237 of 1,237
When I heard the Dharma D1000s during CanJam SoCal 2016, I thought that it had a rather peculiar sound that put itself between a euphoric Grado PS500 with g-cush and wide-sounding HD800. I eventually owned a D1000 in 2017 and thought that it was not quite as spacious as the HD800S loaner I had a year before, but it had more energy and micro-details. I eventually also owned a HD800 in 2018 and had the two compete against each other with with the HD800 winning more time with my ears. The D1000 sounded better than the HD800 at acoustic and classical, but the HD800 scaled more evenly with all other genres, as the D1000 revealed just too many bright imperfections in recordings to enjoy the sound (at least with plug-in amps). Still, I was confident that the D1000 would beat the HD700 in not just sound and versatility, but portability as well.

I eventually owned a Headstage Arrow 4G HE in 2019 that sounded good, but just did not have enough power for some reason. Earlier this year, with the pandemic spreading and not yet decently understood (it still is not, really), I tried the Arrow 4G HE again and realized that the battery only held power for a few minutes, so I ordered a new battery for it and the power delivery was much more consistent now, so I eventually realized that the D1000 might work well with this portable amp. At least with classical, this combo is an absolute match made in heaven. At first, the mids did not seem quite as full with plug-in amps, but I later realized that the sound imperfections that I thought were there were actually just mid-to-high micro-details from individual instruments. This left me to further enjoy the music and relax with this synergy...with this pandemic still going on. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back