ENIGMAcoustics Dharma
Apr 14, 2015 at 2:12 PM Post #316 of 1,237
  Mine is still stock, but Musicinmymind brought a modded HE-6 to the same meet which I spent some time with. His had a custom cable, new grilles, removed the fabric/stuffing under the grilles, and new earpads. The differences to me were subtle but I did feel his sounded more spacious than mine. 

My HE-6 has the grille mod, fabric/stuffing removed from under the grilles, Hifiman felt fazor mod, Focus Pads with the foam rings from the stock pads inside, and I have several high end custom cables.  Smoother treble, nice bass, fazor mod reduces backwave reflections, also have the Lohb suspension strap.  I'm interested in the Dharma, but I would need impressions of the final sound compared to the HE-6.

Apr 14, 2015 at 3:13 PM Post #318 of 1,237
Timestretch,

How did the Dharma bass compare with the HE-6?

Mike

Everytime I hear the bass hit on even just my stock he-6, I am impressed by its speed and strength and clarity. I had no complaints about the dharma's bass but i do not recall it impressing me quite like the he-6 bass does. Again I did not have a ton of time with it and may already be misremembering, so I don't want to accidentally misrepresent it. It was definitely sufficient with appropriate extension but didn't stand out to me as an obvious unique strength of the headphone above the rest of its qualities. My focus while listening was mostly on vocals, which sounded very immediately attractive. Please take my impression with a grain of salt for now -- at least until a much more thorough review can be made.

May 12, 2015 at 3:54 PM Post #322 of 1,237
  crickets

It's as if everyone collectively drew a pre-emptive conclusion that Enigma Acoustics needed another draft to serve something up at this price point ?

May 12, 2015 at 8:46 PM Post #324 of 1,237
May 15, 2015 at 6:02 PM Post #330 of 1,237
Their website indicates that they're at the High End show so hopefully we get to see some impressions of the final version. They have a "major showing" at the event and that may not be until tomorrow.

"High End 2015 Munich – ENIGMAcoustics' Global Debut in the Personal Audio Market"
http://www.enigmacoustics.com/news-in.asp?idno=262

Users who are viewing this thread

Back