ENIGMAcoustics Dharma
Apr 7, 2015 at 4:36 PM Post #286 of 1,237
Can anyone provide comparison between the HE-6 and Dharma?

Apr 7, 2015 at 5:05 PM Post #288 of 1,237
Apr 7, 2015 at 5:05 PM Post #289 of 1,237

The only versions we've heard so far are pre-production versions.  There were some issues that they were going to work out before the final one but they wanted to have something to show.  

I think they said they were targetting a May launch, so hopefully we'll start seeing some impressions on the final version around then.

EDIT - At CanJam, they had the HD800 at their table for comparison.  Unless someone brought their (notoriously hard to drive) HE-6 with them to demo, I don't think you're likely to get a comparison.

Apr 7, 2015 at 5:30 PM Post #290 of 1,237
The latest that I've received from ENIGMAcoustics sales team regarding the release date is final/production samples for review and audition purposes will go out end of April or early May.  Global release is slated for the end of May or early June.  They'll have more information available at the Munich MOC show.  I've been keeping in touch with them because I'm really interested in what these have to offer.  After reading the impressions from CanJam, I'm ever more excited for these.

Apr 7, 2015 at 5:58 PM Post #291 of 1,237

The only versions we've heard so far are pre-production versions.  There were some issues that they were going to work out before the final one but they wanted to have something to show.  

I think they said they were targetting a May launch, so hopefully we'll start seeing some impressions on the final version around then.

EDIT - At CanJam, they had the HD800 at their table for comparison.  Unless someone brought their (notoriously hard to drive) HE-6 with them to demo, I don't think you're likely to get a comparison.

Good to know that it was a preproduction version at CanJam... I guess I glossed over that part. I read your impressions in the CanJam thread, and I'm feeling both intrigued and conflicted on this headphone. The bass tightness issue you cited in your impressions worries me. I'll hold off on any hopes or judgements about Dharma until it goes on the market, I guess. 

Apr 7, 2015 at 6:01 PM Post #292 of 1,237

OK, now I know what these shows (CANJAM) are for. It's for manufacturers to find out if their new headphones suck or not. If they do, they go back and make changes or go back to the drawing board. Hence the seemingly endless wait for a new product.

Apr 7, 2015 at 6:10 PM Post #293 of 1,237

OK, now I know what these shows (CANJAM) are for. It's for manufacturers to find out if their new headphones suck or not. If they do, they go back and make changes or go back to the drawing board. Hence the seemingly endless wait for a new product.

I've been really regretting not going to CanJam this week. I feel like a fool.

Apr 7, 2015 at 6:13 PM Post #294 of 1,237

Good to know that it was a preproduction version at CanJam... I guess I glossed over that part. I read your impressions in the CanJam thread, and I'm feeling both intrigued and conflicted on this headphone. The bass tightness issue you cited in your impressions worries me. I'll hold off on any hopes or judgements about Dharma until it goes on the market, I guess. 

Yeah, it concerns me too.  I love what I heard so far, but I have some minor niggles that I feel need to be resolved if I'm going to spend $1200 on it...

That's one way to look at it, I guess.  That's not what I got from these guys tho, at least.  Every piece of feedback I brought up about the unit, they nodded while I was still talking because they'd heard it all before.  They were well aware of the issues but felt it was still worth getting in the hands of the community, despite that.  

I'd say it was a successful strategy.  I was super impressed and so were most who heard it, based on the impressions thread.  

Apr 7, 2015 at 6:13 PM Post #295 of 1,237
Apr 7, 2015 at 8:45 PM Post #296 of 1,237

I've been really regretting not going to CanJam this week. I feel like a fool.

RMAF isn't too far out.  :wink:

Not a bad idea. It seems SO far away right now though! I guess that gives me time to pay back all the cash I dropped on audio toys in the first quarter. :)

Apr 7, 2015 at 8:48 PM Post #297 of 1,237
Not a bad idea. It seems SO far away right now though! I guess that gives me time to pay back all the cash I dropped on audio toys in the first quarter.
smily_headphones1.gif

The further out you book your reservations, the cheaper they are in general.  :wink:  I was planning for Canjam way back in Oct or Nov when they announced it.  Still pondering The SHOW and RMAF since I had such a good time at CanJam.

Apr 7, 2015 at 10:03 PM Post #298 of 1,237
The further out you book your reservations, the cheaper they are in general.  :wink:  I was planning for Canjam way back in Oct or Nov when they announced it.  Still pondering The SHOW and RMAF since I had such a good time at CanJam.

I already have my flight tickets and hotel reservation for RMAF !

Moon Audio Stay updated on Moon Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/MoonAudio/ https://twitter.com/MoonAudio https://instagram.com/moonaudio https://www.moon-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@moon-audio sales@moon-audio.com
Apr 7, 2015 at 10:06 PM Post #299 of 1,237
Not a bad idea. It seems SO far away right now though! I guess that gives me time to pay back all the cash I dropped on audio toys in the first quarter. :)

I'm going to give this some serious thought now. Hmmm....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back