ENIGMAcoustics Dharma
Jan 27, 2015 at 6:45 PM Post #196 of 1,237

And a few more details of that impression would be....?  

tongue.gif

Sorry, I actually left that out because it's fuzzy - the headphone impressed me enough for me to want to stick around and talk to their team about the drivers and design. I ended up running into trouble after making it back home and wound up in a hospital with a concussion so you'll have to spare me the rod for now. If I get a chance to listen to it again before Canjam I'll be sure to give you a full report! 

Is that what happened to Tyll ??? He let a personal injury stop him from "doing his job !!!

of all the nerve !!! (Sorry to poke fun at you Tyll ; the opportunity presented itself & I couldn't stop my momentum to
just "go with it" ; I guess I should never take a job at a hospital (I'll bet you're glad about that)

Jan 27, 2015 at 9:32 PM Post #197 of 1,237
  It probably makes more sense to encourage ENIGMAcoustics to seriously pursue finding distrbution & dealer
networks

Descriptive impressions are somewhat meaningless to many of us without of point of reference that we can relate to.
I may've listened to music someone else had or never consider getting within 5ft of the same music. I consider how well
recorded in general some music is as critical to whether I would even want to torture myself listening to it. Naming
what you listened to on what label & format gives me that point of reference. We're not talking about $50 headphones
so GiGO (Garbage In Garbage Out) factoring is at work here (another point of "meaningful" information.

Unless you are someone who's nickname is "lucky". I like to have something a lot more solid than. "I took a listen at the show (no source information) & I thought they sounded warm. (maybe you needed to "take your coat off" for all I know)

I think it's pretty humorous that people become "encouraged" or "discouraged" from some small "snippet" they read
(Unless of course everyone knows everyone else, except for myself) & my name is not "Lucky"

Yeah well...that's kinda what the point of head-fi is...to talk about headphones and gear lol

Jan 27, 2015 at 11:00 PM Post #198 of 1,237

It probably makes more sense to encourage ENIGMAcoustics to seriously pursue finding distrbution & dealer
networks

Descriptive impressions are somewhat meaningless to many of us without of point of reference that we can relate to.
I may've listened to music someone else had or never consider getting within 5ft of the same music. I consider how well
recorded in general some music is as critical to whether I would even want to torture myself listening to it. Naming
what you listened to on what label & format gives me that point of reference. We're not talking about $50 headphones
so GiGO (Garbage In Garbage Out) factoring is at work here (another point of "meaningful" information.

Unless you are someone who's nickname is "lucky". I like to have something a lot more solid than. "I took a listen at the show (no source information) & I thought they sounded warm. (maybe you needed to "take your coat off" for all I know)

I think it's pretty humorous that people become "encouraged" or "discouraged" from some small "snippet" they read
(Unless of course everyone knows everyone else, except for myself) & my name is not "Lucky"

Yeah well...that's kinda what the point of head-fi is...to talk about headphones and gear lol

Well , for certain that's what goes on here, I enjoy the talk, but it "is" only just "talk" , was never debating that.

There's a 'point' to Head-fi ? Damn ! I'm going to fail the test when they give it !!! I was just saying it doesn't hurt to give a bit more
information when you say something (or is that the secret point of Head-fi, keep people guessing at how you came to your impressions)

Hey, maybe I won't fail the test after all (not that it would have bothered me in any case). There's already too much "vagueness"
in everyday life ,so we need more to feel right at home. "That" must be the point !!!

Jan 28, 2015 at 12:27 AM Post #199 of 1,237

It probably makes more sense to encourage ENIGMAcoustics to seriously pursue finding distrbution

No it's not. The point is to laugh at others that get their hopes up and down based on what they read so we can feel better about ourselves because we have a point of reference and they don't.

Honestly depending on the source, if you know they have had experience with headphones, most impressions are useful.
Even so this headphone may not have the final tuning but certain technicalities can be hoped for. We do know that it has a big soundstage and is pretty fast. Fingers crossed for tight solid bass and balanced mids.

Jan 28, 2015 at 10:32 AM Post #200 of 1,237

It probably makes more sense to encourage ENIGMAcoustics to seriously pursue finding distrbution

No it's not. The point is to laugh at others that get their hopes up and down based on what they read so we can feel better about ourselves because we have a point of reference and they don't.

Honestly depending on the source, if you know they have had experience with headphones, most impressions are useful.
Even so this headphone may not have the final tuning but certain technicalities can be hoped for. We do know that it has a big soundstage and is pretty fast. Fingers crossed for tight solid bass and balanced mids.

Valid points... So I guess the opposite of that would be don't take someone's impressions "to heart" if you're not quite sure where they're "coming from.

Yeah, I find these interesting because of their hybrid ES tweeter.

(He, he, he...I've only just recently really started to enjoy my Sennheiser HD800... The funny thing for me though I really have to forget about using my other headphones, as they become WIP, like the HD800 were. I try bringing what I like about 1 headphone to the other continuously(& I start losing what I originally start with)

(I have to drag myself by the collar saying "Leave it Alone" don't mess with what is working well... Go order some NOS
tubes, go see a movie, anything.. just walk away)

Jan 28, 2015 at 4:27 PM Post #201 of 1,237
Can I drive Dharma from ordinary HP amp?

Jan 28, 2015 at 4:34 PM Post #203 of 1,237
Jan 28, 2015 at 8:29 PM Post #204 of 1,237
  From the manufacturer:

The ultra-lightweight composite and non-conductive electrostatic membrane is permanently impregnated with electrons, therefore it doesn't require any external power.

Simply stated, the proprietary SBESL™ (self-biased electrostatic loudspeaker) technology inherits all of the amazing ESL traits but none of its baggage.

I am not going to add a comment to that.

Jan 28, 2015 at 8:39 PM Post #205 of 1,237
  excuse my ignorance but what does Q2 mean?
The second quarter of a calendar year (April, May, June) or fiscal year; 
redface.gif

Sorry PHILIPS, you will need a new design should you ever make a true TOTL headphone. I can see a hint of K812 in there as well. 

I know I say this in every thread but pretty please have good bass impact and solidity. 

That however is the coolest looking amp I have ever seen. But SE

The term Single Ended relates to internal circuit design.

From Wikipedia - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Single-ended_triode :

single-ended triode (SET) is a vacuum tube electronic amplifier that uses a single triode to produce an output, in contrast to a push-pull amplifier which uses a pair of devices withantiphase inputs to generate an output with the wanted signals added and the distortion components subtracted. Single-ended amplifiers normally operate in Class A; the cancellation of distortion allows push-pull amplifiers also to operate in Classes AB or B[citation needed] without excessive net distortion.

The term single-ended triode amplifier is mainly used for output stages of audio power amplifiers. The phrase directly heated triode single-ended triode amplifier (abbreviated to DHT SET) is used when directly heated triodes are used.

There are also single-ended tetrodebeam tetrode/beam power tube/kinkless tetrode, and pentode amplifiers with the same functionality and similar circuitry

Jan 28, 2015 at 9:41 PM Post #206 of 1,237
Sorry I can't nerd out with ya but SE = unbalanced. I have liked the Balanced output better on the gear I have tried.

Im sure the amp is great. Just think it would be cool balanced. It doesn't matter I won't be buying it anyhow.

Feb 1, 2015 at 6:50 PM Post #209 of 1,237
  You'll have to contact ENIGMAcoustics on that one as they haven't even commited to when these will be available, other than
"some time in the 2nd Quarter"

"2nd Quarter"...4 weeks in a month...so that would be second week of February right?

Feb 1, 2015 at 6:55 PM Post #210 of 1,237
"2nd Quarter"...4 weeks in a month...so that would be second week of February right?

I think they mean april-june

Users who are viewing this thread

Back