End of Life and Sale on Mad Dog and Alpha Headphones
May 21, 2015 at 12:59 AM Post #46 of 126
It's still very rare for any company to do, even for long discontinued products. Heck, look at how hard it is to even get good information on older amps. Not saying it won't happen and that it doesn't happen, it is just rare. Just because they have a patent, doesn't protect them from being copied - they'd still have to take infringers to court costing time and money. Not to mention how easy it would be to get into derivative of design aspects, or just allowing competition an "inside look" at design, giving them their own spin off ideas.

May 21, 2015 at 11:33 AM Post #47 of 126
Kind of upset when I got the e-mail.  Really sucks because now MrSpeakers doesn't have something for everyone instead it's something for only the high end.  Wish you could have at least developed something for us budget audiophiles.

Was thinking of upgrading but when I saw how much the Ether was I will be keeping my maddogs.

May 22, 2015 at 4:39 PM Post #48 of 126
Wow. I am *so* glad that I went ahead and just ordered these now. I am going to have a hard time taking these headphones off at any point in the next few hours... but I have to, as I have my LCD's here today too!
I am super, super impressed with what I've heard so far from these. I was already looking forward to the next two weeks off, so I can spend a lot of time with all of my gear... now, ever more so. What a way to kick off vacation!

May 22, 2015 at 6:56 PM Post #49 of 126
well my Alpha Prime got to my place....LOVE IT I thought the Alpha Dog was good but the AP is beyond that....the bass is verrrryy addicting (impactful and deep), that says a lot from me because I hate bass. The soundstage is wide but not as wide as my Beyer T1(its very apparent too) the treble is more tamed than the AD, still with a lot of clarity and detail. I dint think there was anything with the AD treble although I did use the doggy treat.

Before I power my AD with Alo mk3B+ I always turn the bass knob max up, doing that somewhat change the sound of the amp, make the Soundstage somewhat a little closer and vocal are more forward. Now with the AP I dont use the bass knob at all, the amp really further expand the sound, very good. love it!

May 22, 2015 at 7:09 PM Post #50 of 126
Hi, and happy holiday weekend to everyone in the US...  

Just a quick note that our shipment of Fostex's arrived today and we'll be working on the Mad Dogs right away.  Due to THE Show in Newport we are confirming we'll resume shipping and clear the backlog for Mad Dogs and Pros on or before June 4.

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
May 23, 2015 at 10:41 AM Post #51 of 126
Mr  Speakers,

Thank you for a great sale and headphones!!!

I'm  loving my Alpha primes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

still breaking in but so much fun   
gs1000.gif

musicguy

May 23, 2015 at 7:59 PM Post #52 of 126
you aren't going to get any official word, but I would imagine that with the discontinuation of their fostex driver line-up, there will be quite a few large gaps in their product line that will need to be filled.

what I would like to see is:
1) a portable closed planar magnetic in the mid-fi $300-$700 price range (preferably in the $400-500 region which I see as a much more competitive price point) to compete with the PM-3 and EL-8.
2) Then perhaps a more affordable open sub-$1k type headphone.
3) finally, a flagship closed headphone, priced wherever it seems appropriate but imo should slot under their flagship open pricing wise.
+1 well said. And if I have the money, I would buy all three headphones, when and if they come out.

May 25, 2015 at 7:05 PM Post #53 of 126
+1 well said. And if I have the money, I would buy all three headphones, when and if they come out.

had a chance to listen to the EL8 open back and wasnt impress at all, from what I read, the closed back is even worse. I dint even think the open back was as good as the HD700.

May 25, 2015 at 10:26 PM Post #54 of 126

had a chance to listen to the EL8 open back and wasnt impress at all, from what I read, the closed back is even worse. I dint even think the open back was as good as the HD700.

he meant the three proposed Mr. Speaker competitors (which are not official at all, but only what I personally would like to see from Mr. Speakers). haahh

May 25, 2015 at 11:10 PM Post #55 of 126
Thanks for the epic response to the sale; we're ~20% sold out after the first week.  
beerchug.gif

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

May 26, 2015 at 5:43 AM Post #56 of 126

This is a third party site, our authorized resellers for Benelux.  It's up to them if they wish to reduce their prices.  They can sell anywhere in the EU where we don't have a signed reseller or distributor.  We will soon have support in France, Germany and Italy but for now this is the best site.  The new resellers will only be carrying ETHER. 

Does this mean the new resellers also don't do upgrades? As I've wanted to upgrade my mrspeakers mad dog 3.2 into a mad dog pro for a while now, but the shipping to the US and back is quite expensive for a student like me.

Jun 8, 2015 at 3:44 PM Post #58 of 126
Thanks to everyone for the huge demand!  We were slammed into backorder on almost all products but are catching up fast.  We're about 50% sold through our remaining inventory.

Jun 10, 2015 at 7:56 AM Post #60 of 126
We shipped all but 3 Mad Dogs yesterday. The next 3 go out today, and the Pros go oout today and tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back