End-game IEM Recommendation
Nov 11, 2018 at 12:12 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

atr1

New Head-Fier
Hi all!

I am interested in getting a new IEM at around the price of 300-400 USD. I like listening to RnB, Jazz,Hip-hop, soul and some disco and pop-themed 80's music. I have owned a series of cheaper IEMs like the Fischer consonance, shure SE215 and sennheiser cx 200, all of which I like very much. I am looking for a more refined sound, with clearer reproduction of vocals and instruments but with decent bass(based on my research there seems to be some sort of trade-off).

From what I've read up online the mass drop plus IEMs seem like a good fit.

Thanks!

Nov 11, 2018 at 12:59 AM Post #2 of 4
If you go to about $1100 USD, there is very little compromise in bass at the expense of unparalleled reproduction of vocals and instruments. For me, that would be the CA Andromeda IEM. As for $300-400 USD, I would look no further than the Etymotic ER4XR

Nov 11, 2018 at 2:36 AM Post #4 of 4
If you go to about $1100 USD, there is very little compromise in bass at the expense of unparalleled reproduction of vocals and instruments. For me, that would be the CA Andromeda IEM. As for $300-400 USD, I would look no further than the Etymotic ER4XR

Yeah these(Etymotic ER4X) seem highly recommended for the price range. I'm curious to know if the massdrop plus fits the description though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back