Emu 1212 + Audigy 2 ZS
Jun 11, 2004 at 1:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

MagusG

1000+ Head-Fier
How well to these two cards play togethere? Anyone care to share thier experiences? Any compatibility problems?
-Mag

Jun 12, 2004 at 2:21 AM Post #2 of 18
Would also be interested in this as it's likely I'll be attempting to setup my Audigy 2 with an E-mu 1212m soon
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 12, 2004 at 4:48 AM Post #3 of 18
I have them both working at the same time right now(Au2,not ZS,but I dont think that matters).I had some issues installing EMU,whenever I installed the card in the PCI slot and turn the computer on,Windows XP automatically "found new hardware" and installed EMU as second Audigy2,and there was nothing I could do about it.I had to uninstall au2,then go to "Find" and look for all the driver files for au2,like .inf and .cat and all,and delete them from windows\system32 and from driver restore folders.Then install EMU,and only then install au2 back.

Jun 12, 2004 at 4:52 AM Post #4 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by cadobhuk
I have them both working at the same time right now(Au2,not ZS,but I dont think that matters).I had some issues installing EMU,whenever I installed the card in the PCI slot and turn the computer on,Windows XP automatically "found new hardware" and installed EMU as second Audigy2,and there was nothing I could do about it.I had to uninstall au2,then go to "Find" and look for all the driver files for au2,like .inf and .cat and all,and delete them from windows\system32 and from driver restore folders.Then install EMU,and only then install au2 back.

Hmmm, I don't suppose there's a way to set the Audigy as primary? My plans are to use my Audigy 2 (Also, not the ZS version) as my gaming main card, but the E-mu purely for music. A program that you might want to take a look at to avoid any future problems is a program called 'driver cleaner'. Very handy little program.

Appreciate any advice you might have on this.

Jun 12, 2004 at 5:11 AM Post #5 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by shuurajou
Hmmm, I don't suppose there's a way to set the Audigy as primary? My plans are to use my Audigy 2 (Also, not the ZS version) as my gaming main card, but the E-mu purely for music. A program that you might want to take a look at to avoid any future problems is a program called 'driver cleaner'. Very handy little program.

Appreciate any advice you might have on this.

In control panel there's a button called "Sounds and Audio Devices",I made a shortcut to that button on my quicklaunch bar,that allows me to quickly switch between the cards.
attachment.php

Where can download that driver cleaner,in case I'd have some problems again?

Jun 12, 2004 at 7:32 AM Post #6 of 18
I think some someone makes a third party uninstaller for the creative drivers.... Go look for it.
-Mag

Jun 12, 2004 at 10:41 AM Post #7 of 18
Jun 12, 2004 at 7:32 PM Post #9 of 18
I just picked up a 1212M a few days ago and this monster definately outshined my old M-Audio Revo 7.1. The Revo was great, but the 1212M is even better in sound quality.
Anyway, I'm running the 1212M with my Audigy 2 and am not having any issues.
Another thing, the 1212M has some great effects but they only function at 44.1khz/48khz including WDM driver support. If you are resampling your (to 96khz or 192khz) music (with either winamp or foobar 2000) you'll need to install an ASIO plug-in

Jun 12, 2004 at 9:40 PM Post #10 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by kalzone
I just picked up a 1212M a few days ago and this monster definately outshined my old M-Audio Revo 7.1. The Revo was great, but the 1212M is even better in sound quality.
Anyway, I'm running the 1212M with my Audigy 2 and am not having any issues.
Another thing, the 1212M has some great effects but they only function at 44.1khz/48khz including WDM driver support. If you are resampling your (to 96khz or 192khz) music (with either winamp or foobar 2000) you'll need to install an ASIO plug-in

I didn't install any ASIO plug-in for 1212M, and it has no problem with me useing foobar to resample to 96/192.

Jun 12, 2004 at 10:39 PM Post #11 of 18
you install it in foobar 2000/winamp which i'm sure you already have done.

Jun 13, 2004 at 1:08 AM Post #12 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by kalzone
you install it in foobar 2000/winamp which i'm sure you already have done.

That's for foobar, not for 1212m, foobar need plug-in for ASIO out put, but 1212m has not need for a ASIO plug-in. Or is this what you are saying and I misunderstood it?

Jun 13, 2004 at 2:45 AM Post #13 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Reader
That's for foobar, not for 1212m, foobar need plug-in for ASIO out put, but 1212m has not need for a ASIO plug-in. Or is this what you are saying and I misunderstood it?

http://www5.head-fi.org/forums/showt...ighlight=1212m

Have a gander there, that should clarify alot of things for you.

Jun 13, 2004 at 4:00 AM Post #14 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Reader

You need both (player and driver) to support ASIO for ASIO playback.

1212m already has ASIO driver support, just make sure you choose the correct session in your patchmix.

ASIO plug in is needed for Foobar.

Check this thread if you wished.

[Edited] Some correction....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back