EMU 0404 Volume level problems.
Jul 25, 2006 at 5:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

GotNoRice

100+ Head-Fier
I noticed that my music seemed really quiet, as in at the volume level I usually listen to music at I could barely hear it at all. I leave the 0404 volume level at “0” and have it hooked into one of the analog inputs on my preamp. It is acting as if I have the volume turned down on my computer somehow, but I have checked every conceivable level adjustment I can think of. The sound is not distorted, just muted. If I use the analog output from my Audigy2 ZS into my preamp instead, the volume level is fine. I can mitigate the problem slightly by adjusting the volume level of the 0404 above “0” but obviously that’s not solving the underlying problem.

I’m about to try stuff like doing a complete driver re-install and switching PCI slots, etc. Not that I should have to, but this is a creative card after all... It just seems like this problem should have a simple solution, like there is a volume control somewhere that I’m overlooking, but I just don’t see it. At one point I completely bypassed my preamp, having the 0404 analog outputs going directly into the inputs on the amp. I was able to adjust the 0404 volume up to and beyond “0” and it wasn’t even that loud. Last time I tried that I nearly damaged my speakers. What could be wrong?

Jul 25, 2006 at 5:47 AM Post #3 of 3
Yeah I checked that, it is already at max.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back