Emu 0404 install
Nov 23, 2004 at 5:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Feanor

1000+ Head-Fier
I'm having a heck of a hard time installing an EMU 0404. I plug it in, start windows, install the drivers, and restart. Then, Big Blue Screen Of Death comes in, saying driver could not be loaded, ect. If I unplug the card &/ start safe mode, this does not happen. I'm starting to get pissed here. Any help?

Nov 23, 2004 at 6:32 PM Post #3 of 8
Win2kpro sp4. I am now trying to installl the drivers from an external cd-drive, as my internal one corrupts data. I will also try to update them without rebooting, this might be good.

EDIT: It is now officially doing stuff it has'nt before(the installer), so I'm optimistic.

Nov 23, 2004 at 6:38 PM Post #4 of 8
hmm... no... i'd prefer a clean reboot before the driver update. copy them on your hdd and install from there if your cd-rom will not work. i had no issues with the drivers from the cd - ok.. im using xp home...

Nov 23, 2004 at 7:10 PM Post #6 of 8
Woooooooooooohooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Asio set up!!!!! Brains imploding right now!

[a side note: I had to install the drivers from my crummy old external cd writer, wich I first had to install (yep, had to find drivers for that to), then, I got the Blue screen, BUT! in safe mode I was able to update the drivers, restart, pray, curse, and then be happy.]

This is a moment to savour.

Nov 23, 2004 at 7:12 PM Post #7 of 8
ok... the usual procedure: deinstall the driver (and all unnecessary ones), power off, remove the card, power on, search for corresponding registry entries and delete them (be shure to know what you're doing) and try to find the device-file in the hidden windows\system\inf-directory to delete it. after that power off, reinsert the card and try your luck with installation of those drivers on hdd... hope that helps...

/edit for update: oh... you got it? nice! congrats!

Nov 23, 2004 at 7:36 PM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by BrokenEnglish
ok... the usual procedure: deinstall the driver (and all unnecessary ones), power off, remove the card, power on, search for corresponding registry entries and delete them (be shure to know what you're doing) and try to find the device-file in the hidden windows\system\inf-directory to delete it. after that power off, reinsert the card and try your luck with installation of those drivers on hdd... hope that helps...

/edit for update: oh... you got it? nice! congrats!

Thanks for the help. These certainly arent the most user-friendly cards. But the sound!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back