EMU 0404 coax input??
Sep 14, 2009 at 3:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

bik2101

1000+ Head-Fier
I have a PC at home and I've been looking into trying to use the coax input on the emu because whenever I am using my cd drive (both writing and reading) the output picks up A LOT of noise and lags tremendously. I have tried using other usb ports with no help. But when I tried connecting the coax output of from my PC to the EMU I get no output. I have no idea if I have to configure something or what but any help anyone can give me would be much appreciated. Thanks

Sep 14, 2009 at 4:49 PM Post #2 of 4
Hmm... 1st came into mind ... check the samplerate ... needs to be set equally on E-MU and on the other device ... IIRC, the sender device is the sync master (external) ... if sr is 48kHz there then just set the SR on E-MU to 48kHz.

jiitee

Sep 14, 2009 at 5:57 PM Post #3 of 4
cool. thanks for the info.. i will try to figure out how to do that on my computer when i get home. hopefully it's not too tricky and it works. the only question i have is that if the usb is unplugged from the emu then there is no means to change SR on the emu.. does the emu know not to take input from the usb if the coax is plugged in?

Sep 14, 2009 at 7:17 PM Post #4 of 4
IIRC,
- in standalone mode, sr gets set automatically ... (if not then you just have to set it before unplugging the USB cable)
- there's also a switch for direct monitoring on E-MU ... try change monitoring state

jiitee

Users who are viewing this thread

Back