Empyrean elite
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 1, 2021 at 11:11 AM Post #166 of 279
In theory this would ve possible, since driver and chassis have the same size, maybe ask Meze for a custom upgrade.

They are hand made anyways, so this might be possible.

Asking doesn't hurt

+1 on this. Not a fan of the new color scheme at all. Looks plasticky. Would need it the silver to be swapped out to a black, grey, copper, etc.

Sep 1, 2021 at 11:17 AM Post #167 of 279
Am lucky to get one of the Dark Mystery devices but I think we should prepare something like a petition / vote for new color scheme(s) for either swapping drivers or getting Elite headphones in different color right away

Sep 1, 2021 at 11:18 AM Post #168 of 279
I've emailed them, will let you know what they say.

Sep 1, 2021 at 11:19 AM Post #169 of 279
Am lucky to get one of the Dark Mystery devices but I think we should prepare something like a petition / vote for new color scheme(s) for either swapping drivers or getting Elite headphones in different color right away
I'm still sad that the original gun metal Version didn't Pass their quality assurance

Sep 1, 2021 at 11:21 AM Post #170 of 279
How exciting! Sounds like a more neutral Empyrean and a silverish finish (although I think the original looks more unique). I would really like to see a frequency response of this set. If anyone has some measurements, please post a link!

Also, isn't it wild how many top-tier headphones have launched recently? Audeze CRBN, Dan Clark Stealth, and now Meze Elite

Last edited:
Sep 1, 2021 at 11:32 AM Post #171 of 279
How exciting! Sounds like a more neutral Empyrean and a silverish finish (although I think the original looks more unique). I would really like to see a frequency response of this set. If anyone has some measurements, please post a link!

Also, isn't it wild how many top-tier headphones have launched recently? Audeze CRBN, Dan Clark Stealth, and now Meze Elite
Wild indeed, what a crazy year for headphone audio

Sep 1, 2021 at 11:32 AM Post #172 of 279
I think it's due to the pandemic. More people are working from home, which allows them to listen to open-backed headphones all day. Because they listen to headphones all day, they may feel that purchasing a new high-end pair of headphones is worth it. I know, personally, every since the pandemic, I've been listening to my headphones so much more. I think maybe the headphone companies are bouncing in on this opportunity and offering new cans

Last edited:
Sep 1, 2021 at 11:34 AM Post #173 of 279

Is it that they tuned more nuetral, or that they optimized the two seperate mechanism in the driver (bass zigzag region, and the mids/treble circular section) so things don't get as muddied/conflict anymore? Like with some optimized acoustic lens type of thing.

Last edited:
Sep 1, 2021 at 11:46 AM Post #174 of 279
I've emailed them, will let you know what they say.
And, IF they would do a driver swap/upgrade, what becomes of your original drivers? Can you keep them someway so that you have a backup driver if one were to fail, or if you wanted to go back to the original Empyrean drivers?

Sep 1, 2021 at 12:01 PM Post #175 of 279
While I don't really have a problem with it, as long as you have people lining up to buy at these prices, sight unseen and unheard...this one-upmanship on prices will keep on keeping on. Until the hobby's collective hands go up and say, enough is enough, only then will maybe companies take notice. Based on what I see, don't hold your breath.

Until then.....it's much like the old phrase: Why does a dog lick its sack? Because he can.
Don’t worry, guys like Pete will pay full price and end up selling them shortly for a discount.

Sep 1, 2021 at 12:22 PM Post #176 of 279
I think it's due to the pandemic. More people are working from home, which allows them to listen to open-backed headphones all day. Because they listen to headphones all day, they may feel that purchasing a new high-end pair of headphones is worth it. I know, personally, every since the pandemic, I've been listening to my headphones so much more. I think maybe the headphone companies are bouncing in on this opportunity and offering new cans
New IEM launches galore as well. My poor wallet is getting slaughtered from multiple angles..

Sep 1, 2021 at 2:26 PM Post #178 of 279
They just arrived. I can’t listen until later though
9D233A4A-E9B5-4CCB-8BB4-67BC714561C5.jpeg
E367C951-E25B-430C-9D73-1B4035818522.jpeg

Sep 1, 2021 at 2:30 PM Post #179 of 279
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back