Empyrean elite
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 29, 2021 at 3:02 AM Post #76 of 279
The price difference between Elite and Dark Mystery isn't even half as much as the price difference between OG Empy and Elite as far as I know...
Maybe I'm not parsing this right, but does that mean Elite is expected to be quite a lot more expensive than the current Empys? I was just about to get a pair before stumbling on the Elite info, but I'm not sure if the Elite is way out of my price range or not :)

Aug 29, 2021 at 3:09 AM Post #77 of 279
Maybe I'm not parsing this right, but does that mean Elite is expected to be quite a lot more expensive than the current Empys? I was just about to get a pair before stumbling on the Elite info, but I'm not sure if the Elite is way out of my price range or not :)
I’m assuming it’s Empyrean Phoenix level price…$4K

Aug 29, 2021 at 8:38 AM Post #78 of 279
I recently sold my OG Empyrean to help fund my LTA Z10 tube amp (no regrets)

I've been missing it terribly lately, but as much as I loved it, I always had a love-hate relationship with it. For me, it was 80% what I wanted it to be but that extra 20% or so always felt lacking. I enjoyed it and loved it, but, I wasn't oblivious to its flaws. Looseness in the bass, bleeding, and not enough resolution were all flaws I found with it. I've spoken to several people in the discord I'm in who have stated that they felt as though the above issues were addressed.

Hopefully I'll get an Empyrean Elite by December or early January. My wallet just needs to recover from some recent beatings.

Aug 29, 2021 at 8:42 AM Post #79 of 279
Aug 29, 2021 at 8:45 AM Post #80 of 279
I recently sold my OG Empyrean to help fund my LTA Z10 tube amp (no regrets)

I've been missing it terribly lately, but as much as I loved it, I always had a love-hate relationship with it. For me, it was 80% what I wanted it to be but that extra 20% or so always felt lacking. I enjoyed it and loved it, but, I wasn't oblivious to its flaws. Looseness in the bass, bleeding, and not enough resolution were all flaws I found with it. I've spoken to several people in the discord I'm in who have stated that they felt as though the above issues were addressed.

Hopefully I'll get an Empyrean Elite by December or early January. My wallet just needs to recover from some recent beatings.
From what I've been told the Elite addressed all of your concern points.

I am not sure if that comes with a bass quantity loss, which would be an issue for me.

Issue in the sense that I can't replace the Empyrean with the Elite but would need to keep both...

Right now I hope that the Elite can replace the Empyrean in my line up.
That it does everything the Empyrean does and a little more.

Aug 29, 2021 at 8:47 AM Post #81 of 279
Ok, ok. I'll give this Phoenix rising a shot.
Not sure what you meant with that.
To clarify tho the Phoenix is a regular Empyrean with special paint and upgrade cable.

It is NOT the Elite. The special paint of the Elite is labeled Dark Mystery

Aug 29, 2021 at 8:59 AM Post #82 of 279
Not sure what you meant with that.
To clarify tho the Phoenix is a regular Empyrean with special paint and upgrade cable.

It is NOT the Elite. The special paint of the Elite is labeled Dark Mystery
Yes. As the Empyrean has always left me tasting mediocrity, and the Phoenix is overpriced artsy-fartsy, the intimation of the Phoenix level pricing for Elite, in cheek, makes for a phoenix rising.

Aug 30, 2021 at 12:09 PM Post #83 of 279
To quote a document I cannot post fully:

So, sounds like re-tuned and reworked to me
New material means a different driver in some ways. It's definitely not just re-tuned.

Last edited:
Aug 30, 2021 at 1:42 PM Post #87 of 279
I would prefer a total black 🖤
Well the Total Black version exists already for the regular Empyrean, even though it's limited to one distributor

Aug 30, 2021 at 2:45 PM Post #89 of 279
I guess sooner or later a total black is going to hit the selves.
+1
This would make sense to satisfy the demand for all people previously going for the black V1 Empy.
Unfortunate that most of us won't like to wait as long 🙄

Aug 30, 2021 at 2:52 PM Post #90 of 279
I would prefer a total black 🖤
Well the Total Black version exists already for the regular Empyrean, even though it's limited to one distributor
I, previously, had expected that that "Dark Mystery" model would be within entirely black.

However, I, now, would wonder if Meze would decide that they would not produce a model that would be within entirely black, for those Empyrean Elites, because there, previously, had been a model that had been within entirely black for those original Empyreans.

I would hope that that would not be the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back