Empire Ears X Effect Audio Giveaway // 2017 EMPIRE SPRING SALE
Apr 8, 2017 at 10:22 AM Post #196 of 265
Ummm. Empire Ears makes an IEM called Arthur for their collaboration with Effect Audio. The cable made by Effect Audio in that collaboration is Excalibur.

Lol, I was going to say the same thing, but I knew someone else would.

Well, that's funny. I didn't see the name on their site, so I wouldn't have known. Thanks for letting me know. Back to the drawing board!

Apr 8, 2017 at 2:04 PM Post #197 of 265
Well, that's funny. I didn't see the name on their site, so I wouldn't have known. Thanks for letting me know. Back to the drawing board!

It's sold through Effect Audio's webpage, as it is ultimately an Effect Audio product since they do all of the final tweaking to it. It's a Zeus-R with upgraded internal wiring with an exclusive cable designed just for it. That also reminds me that I still haven't posted my review of it.:grimacing:

Apr 8, 2017 at 11:47 PM Post #198 of 265
 I currently have some Campfire Audio Lyra ii's and a Sony PHA-3 setup. I am exceptionally interested in the Zues' for a couple reasons. First, most obviously, is that they are described as sounding absolutely incredible. Secondly, if these were to include the ADEL modules, then that would be an absolute godsend! Get it? I am very interested in finding a solution to my somewhat unique situation. I have had to have a couple of craniotomies in the last couple of years to remove a brain tumor that was attached to my vestibular and acoustic nerves. I ended up having the tumor successfully removed, but unfortunately it has left me with some changes. I have lost some hearing in my left ear, as well as rather severe tinnitus and pressure and pitch sensitivities. As you could imagine, this has created a rather difficult challenge for me and one of my passions...audio. Majority of open backs tend to have an effect of being too airy for me and creates a "nails on a chalkboard" sort of sense. I know, it is really hard to imagine. I wouldn't have before all of this myself. Closed cans create a rather overwhelming sort of sense to my pressure sensitivity. And of course IEM's are very impactful with their pressure creation and leaves me feeling very overwhelmed and fatigued. This ADEL technology that Empire Ears have teamed up with and it seems like it may truly be a godsend for me and my condition. The ability to manipulate the sound signature to a degree and relieve pressure? Whoa! That is everything I could ask for! I feel like I could be a true testament to not only how incredible these sound, but truly their value to save a passion that so many of us love and be able to provide me with an opportunity to continue the amazing audiophile odyssey...

A couple of options...

1) EOS: The goddess of dawn. 
        As I feel that we are on the dawn of a new generation of IEM's and headphones. We are starting to be able to create things that were only dreamed of a few years ago.

2) ORPHEUS: 
He was the greatest musician and poet of Greek myth, whose songs could charm wild beasts and coax even rocks and trees into movement
        Obviously this one kind of speaks for itself.....

Thanks Jack for the opportunity!!!

Apr 9, 2017 at 10:06 AM Post #199 of 265
I'm pretty sure it's for a non-ADEL Zeus-XR.

Apr 11, 2017 at 1:47 AM Post #201 of 265
I vote for Kratos! Would be perfect if it sounded perfect for gaming too! Like a switch for a gaming and movies option, then the other option for blissful EE music listening! 

Apr 11, 2017 at 4:35 AM Post #202 of 265
New flagship name - Hades 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Apr 11, 2017 at 12:13 PM Post #203 of 265
   I currently have some Campfire Audio Lyra ii's and a Sony PHA-3 setup. I am exceptionally interested in the Zues' for a couple reasons. First, most obviously, is that they are described as sounding absolutely incredible. Secondly, if these were to include the ADEL modules, then that would be an absolute godsend! Get it? I am very interested in finding a solution to my somewhat unique situation. I have had to have a couple of craniotomies in the last couple of years to remove a brain tumor that was attached to my vestibular and acoustic nerves. I ended up having the tumor successfully removed, but unfortunately it has left me with some changes. I have lost some hearing in my left ear, as well as rather severe tinnitus and pressure and pitch sensitivities. As you could imagine, this has created a rather difficult challenge for me and one of my passions...audio. Majority of open backs tend to have an effect of being too airy for me and creates a "nails on a chalkboard" sort of sense. I know, it is really hard to imagine. I wouldn't have before all of this myself. Closed cans create a rather overwhelming sort of sense to my pressure sensitivity. And of course IEM's are very impactful with their pressure creation and leaves me feeling very overwhelmed and fatigued. This ADEL technology that Empire Ears have teamed up with and it seems like it may truly be a godsend for me and my condition. The ability to manipulate the sound signature to a degree and relieve pressure? Whoa! That is everything I could ask for! I feel like I could be a true testament to not only how incredible these sound, but truly their value to save a passion that so many of us love and be able to provide me with an opportunity to continue the amazing audiophile odyssey...

A couple of options...

1) EOS: The goddess of dawn. 
        As I feel that we are on the dawn of a new generation of IEM's and headphones. We are starting to be able to create things that were only dreamed of a few years ago.

2) ORPHEUS: 
He was the greatest musician and poet of Greek myth, whose songs could charm wild beasts and coax even rocks and trees into movement
        Obviously this one kind of speaks for itself.....

Thanks Jack for the opportunity!!!

I had very good experience with ADEL, it took care of my tinnitus. 

Apr 12, 2017 at 6:33 PM Post #204 of 265
Some of these names are already taken, but convey a similar theme of mythical artistic power

Muse - the inspirational goddesses of literature, science, and the arts in Greek mythology. They were considered the source of the knowledge embodied in the poetry, lyric songs, and myths that were related orally for centuries in these ancient cultures

Minerva - was the Roman goddess of wisdom and sponsor of arts, trade, and strategy.

Apollo - has been variously recognized as a god of music, truth and prophecy, healing, the sun and light, plague, poetry, and more.

To continue the theme of supreme/thunder gods

Thor - associated with thunder, lightning, storms, oak trees, strength, the protection of mankind, and also hallowing and fertility.

Indra - is a guardian deity and the king of first heaven with mythologies and powers that are similar, though not identical to those of the Indo-European deities such as Zeus, Jupiter, Perun, Thor, and Odin.He is the god of lightning, thunder, storms, rains and river flows.

Apr 12, 2017 at 6:37 PM Post #205 of 265
  Some of these names are already taken, but convey a similar theme of mythical artistic power

Muse - the inspirational goddesses of literature, science, and the arts in Greek mythology. They were considered the source of the knowledge embodied in the poetry, lyric songs, and myths that were related orally for centuries in these ancient cultures

Minerva - was the Roman goddess of wisdom and sponsor of arts, trade, and strategy.

Apollo - has been variously recognized as a god of music, truth and prophecy, healing, the sun and light, plague, poetry, and more.

To continue the theme of supreme/thunder gods

Thor - associated with thunder, lightning, storms, oak trees, strength, the protection of mankind, and also hallowing and fertility.

Indra - is a guardian deity and the king of first heaven with mythologies and powers that are similar, though not identical to those of the Indo-European deities such as Zeus, Jupiter, Perun, Thor, and Odin.He is the god of lightning, thunder, storms, rains and river flows.

EE already has an IEM called Apollo...

Apr 12, 2017 at 7:10 PM Post #206 of 265
I did some research with a simple Google search before I posted that and did see that some of the names were taken by other brands, but didn't think to look at EE. Doh! 
blink.gif

Apr 13, 2017 at 5:07 AM Post #208 of 265
My portable in-ear setup is a TF10 with extra drivers by Unique Melody. I've been using it for longer commutes since 2010(?). The isolation, portability, sound quality they provide make me only look at ciems as upgrades for use when i'm not at home. It's about time for an upgrade! 
etysmile.gif

I think adding a number after the next flagship's name would make it easier for consumers to identify what a direct upgrade would be. So i'd say Zeus 2 makes a lot of sense and keeps things simple.

Apr 13, 2017 at 1:32 PM Post #209 of 265
Currently own JH 13v2's, Roxanne's, SE846's, and a Chord Mojo off which they are played. I've heard good things about EE's Zeus, but always thought it was more hype than anything else. Besides, not just anyone can best Jerry Harvey and Andy Regan, two of the finest sound engineers in the industry. If I were to have an opportunity to try/own them and am found myself proven wrong with the Zeus, well that'll be a review for the history books.

As for a name, the best suited one for a brother to the Zeus would be "Poseidon."

From what I've heard of Zeus it's a very neutral piece. From what I've also heard of the prototype's deep, rolling (erm... "thunderous"?) bass, what better name for a bass-lover's IEM than the name of the god who rules deep below.

Apr 15, 2017 at 8:06 AM Post #210 of 265
Well since aether is already taken by another company. I'll go with NIRVANA.
Not greek mythology but it really suits the empire ear brand imo.

It could be a flagship, or a musically tuned top tier model. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back