Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Jul 24, 2022 at 4:43 AM Post #36,046 of 40,538
My desired sound is a neutral-bright, airy, ethereal signature (like the Odin) with lower energy on the upper mids. It could also use a touch more sub-bass but not as aggressive as the LX.

Sounds like the Annihilator, except for the neutral part

Jul 24, 2022 at 4:57 AM Post #36,047 of 40,538
Maybe checkout Monarch Mk2 or 64 Audio U12T? LX is divine, especially if driven properly with enough power (tightens up bass texture), but seems you have heard it?
Ive tried the Monarch MK2. Sonically it didn't do anything "wrong" but it felt too safe. The shell was also huge for my tiny asian ears. The U12T was more in line. I haven't tried the LX yet. Going off of the reviews that I read.

Sounds like the Annihilator, except for the neutral part
Yup. Basically I am looking for an IEM as dry as my personality 😂.

Jul 24, 2022 at 5:18 AM Post #36,048 of 40,538
Ive tried the Monarch MK2. Sonically it didn't do anything "wrong" but it felt too safe. The shell was also huge for my tiny asian ears. The U12T was more in line. I haven't tried the LX yet. Going off of the reviews that I read.

I may be dead wrong, but somehow I don’t think you’ll like LX enough to buy it, esp considering that I seemed to recall based on your musical preferences and that you want to maintain a more focused number of IEMs… would like to hear what you think of LX when you have managed to 😊

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2022 at 5:20 AM Post #36,049 of 40,538

What about VE Elysium???

Jul 24, 2022 at 5:35 AM Post #36,050 of 40,538
I may be dead wrong, but somehow I don’t think you’ll like LX enough to buy it, esp considering that I seemed to recall you want to maintain a more focused number of IEMs… would like to hear what you think of LX when you have managed to 😊
Based on what I read, it could be in contention for a 5th or 6th piece (If I make that far).

1. Slightly coloured reference - Traillii
2. Dark bassy set - XE6
3. Neutral - Bright set - [ ? ]
4. Vocal focused set [ ? ] - Something powerful like the Red Halo, Phonix that can pull me away from the Traillii specifically for asian ballads
5. Bass set #2. A mild V shape that is an in between the XE6 & Traillii for bass quantity.

espresso-classy.gif

Really cant imagine needing to go beyond that point but then again I just splurged on a cable I did not need 😂

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2022 at 8:08 AM Post #36,051 of 40,538
Based on what I read, it could be in contention for a 5th or 6th piece (If I make that far).

2. Dark bassy set - XE6
4. Vocal focused set [ ? ] - Something powerful like the Red Halo, Phonix that can pull me away from the Traillii specifically for asian ballads
5. Bass set #2. A mild V shape that is an in between the XE6 & Traillii for bass quantity.

espresso-classy.gif

Really cant imagine needing to go beyond that point but then again I just splurged on a cable I did not need 😂
If you found the Monarch Mk2 too large for your ears, LX (at least the Universal) probably will be as well. I have large concha but small ear canals so I made it work usong Azla Xelastics that - once worn in a bit- completely cover the ear canal opening. This allows for a good seal so bass impact remains but treble extension and soundstage are retained better. From what you wrote above, something in the 64 Audio line-up sounds like it may fit your preferences well.

Jul 24, 2022 at 1:41 PM Post #36,052 of 40,538

2. Dark bassy set - XE6

My suggestions:

4. VE Elysium
5. VE EXT or Penon Legend

Jul 24, 2022 at 1:43 PM Post #36,053 of 40,538
Jul 25, 2022 at 12:18 AM Post #36,054 of 40,538
My desired sound is a neutral-bright, airy, ethereal signature (like the Odin) with lower energy on the upper mids. It could also use a touch more sub-bass but not as aggressive as the LX.
my Odin alternate is actually Jewel

Jul 25, 2022 at 6:20 AM Post #36,055 of 40,538
Maybe try the Raptgo Hook X? Your wallet will thank you too as they are incredible value for money at around $250. I've been listening to them for the last few days and am really impressed.

Jul 25, 2022 at 8:58 AM Post #36,056 of 40,538

Aroma Jewel or maybe the Elysian stuff, the Diva and X fit that description quite well. The Annihilator too but it’s a mid bassy bass response.

Jul 25, 2022 at 4:42 PM Post #36,057 of 40,538
Aroma Audio Jewel, except for the more sub-bass, which is, quantitatively, in my opinion, equal to the Odin.

Jul 25, 2022 at 5:15 PM Post #36,058 of 40,538
*ahem* now I remember what waiting for stuff feels like...Odin can't come soon enough.

Jul 25, 2022 at 8:20 PM Post #36,060 of 40,538
Do they leak sound? Based on pictures it seems they have a vented back.
Yes, they do leak. I like them because they have good tuning. Great value for $200+.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back