Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Jul 12, 2022 at 11:20 AM Post #35,972 of 40,345
Jul 12, 2022 at 2:26 PM Post #35,976 of 40,345
Will there be an EE stand at Canjam London? I would really like to demo the EVO.

Jul 12, 2022 at 2:32 PM Post #35,977 of 40,345
It was pretty much like a traillii with EVO bass. Interestingly enough, nothing width or depth wise was lost in the mid range despite the bass. Not to mention, all my b*tching about treble must’ve landed cause this was the best treble I’ve heard in any of their monitors… maybe in any IEM period. Hard to say without anything to A/B treble wise.
Like others have pointed out, that would be huge. I put some dry powder aside for Odin V2. Based on your description, this prototype could potentially be my next piece.

Jul 12, 2022 at 4:39 PM Post #35,978 of 40,345
I'm looking for the most comfortable Tips for EE VALKYRIE MKII.

I tried comply foams and I think only liked their sports tips but I think it looses some details the rest weren't comfy for long time.

What you guys using for your EE iems and how comfortable are they?

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2022 at 4:44 PM Post #35,979 of 40,345
Guys, is you are able to fly there, it's WELL worth it. wonderful family for sure. The Vang's are just great people.

Jul 12, 2022 at 4:52 PM Post #35,980 of 40,345
Guys, is you are able to fly there, it's WELL worth it. wonderful family for sure. The Vang's are just great people.
I completely agree. If you show up, they will take good care of you. It's that customer service that makes them my favorite IEM company.

Jul 13, 2022 at 4:07 AM Post #35,981 of 40,345

I tried comply foams and I think only liked their sports tips but I think it looses some details the rest weren't comfy for long time.

If you like foam tips try symbio F tips they have more treble than comply tips

Jul 13, 2022 at 6:11 AM Post #35,982 of 40,345

Spiral dots are by far the most comfortable silicone tips for me, the originals are less prone to slipping off but the plus are more comfortable. Once you get in the habit of twisting before pulling the IEM out slip off are rarely an issue. I also think crystals are very comfy on EE IEM’s

Jul 13, 2022 at 10:42 AM Post #35,984 of 40,345
question for those - like myself.... - finding the EVO too "aggressive" in the upper mids / lower treble even with the stock FinalE tips : which tips do you suggest to tame a little that "upper mids brightness" without cutting the treble??
I would not like to go foam (I never liked them) but if necessary can try.
have already tried:
- Spinfit (CP100, CP145), best but still not enough
- FinalE (stock), good, but definitely not enough
- Azla (Sedna Light, Crystal, Xelastec), worse

Jul 13, 2022 at 10:44 AM Post #35,985 of 40,345
question for those - like myself.... - finding the EVO too "aggressive" in the upper mids / lower treble even with the stock FinalE tips : which tips do you suggest to tame a little that "upper mids brightness" without cutting the treble??
I would not like to go foam (I never liked them) but if necessary can try.
have already tried:
- Spinfit (CP100, CP145), best but still not enough
- FinalE (stock), good, but definitely not enough
- Azla (Sedna Light, Crystal, Xelastec), worse
Acoustune AET07?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back