Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Jul 5, 2022 at 12:11 PM Post #35,927 of 40,538
they are very different beasts. Phantoms are very thick in the mids. I still have my custom phantoms. Was actually thinking of selling it but then again, I would almost miss it. It is really different from everything out there recently
I wasn't comparing the Phantom's to the Odin's. I like Odin a lot better. Not in the same league. I was just pointing out that for my CIEM experiences, the custom versions always sound better and are easy to use. I also hate rolling tips, just like I dont' tube roll my tube gear. That's just me though and I realize that 'rolling' is a big part of the fun for many. :). Whatever works for us all.

Jul 5, 2022 at 1:23 PM Post #35,928 of 40,538
Hi guys, just wanted to give my 2cents: i own the odin in universal and the lx in custom. i love the custom lx and i thought about getting the odin as customs as well, but i found out that i not only enjoy to switch to different iems occasionally but also from custom to universal. when i change from custom to universal i sometimes feel a releave in my ears. i therefore probably could not go custom all the way with all my iems. Donmt know if that makes sense… anyway, odin are great 🤓

Jul 5, 2022 at 1:43 PM Post #35,929 of 40,538
I wasn't comparing the Phantom's to the Odin's. I like Odin a lot better. Not in the same league. I was just pointing out that for my CIEM experiences, the custom versions always sound better and are easy to use. I also hate rolling tips, just like I dont' tube roll my tube gear. That's just me though and I realize that 'rolling' is a big part of the fun for many. :). Whatever works for us all.
I actually do like rolling tips with my u12ts, went from spiral dots++ to symbios w to now symbios peel
Hi guys, just wanted to give my 2cents: i own the odin in universal and the lx in custom. i love the custom lx and i thought about getting the odin as customs as well, but i found out that i not only enjoy to switch to different iems occasionally but also from custom to universal. when i change from custom to universal i sometimes feel a releave in my ears. i therefore probably could not go custom all the way with all my iems. Donmt know if that makes sense… anyway, odin are great 🤓
Yea i think i'm gonna wait till black friday and hope that odin customs will have a discount. Pity i will be doing the same bifrost plates as universals though

Jul 5, 2022 at 5:38 PM Post #35,930 of 40,538
I actually do like rolling tips with my u12ts, went from spiral dots++ to symbios w to now symbios peel

Yea i think i'm gonna wait till black friday and hope that odin customs will have a discount. Pity i will be doing the same bifrost plates as universals though
+1 for Symbio peel. They give me the best seal and help tame the mids on my Odin and EVO.

Jul 5, 2022 at 5:46 PM Post #35,931 of 40,538
I too enjoy rolling tips, but also I have some ear issues where the shape of my outer canals changes at times (and then changes back). I have a custom UERM and there were times when I just couldn't get them to fit. Now I just use my uni Zeus. As to Odin, people here have posted that due to its size it won't work for them (based on impressions already in the hands of EE).

Jul 6, 2022 at 3:05 PM Post #35,932 of 40,538
FE7C5E58-772F-43F2-B653-32406B620A2E.jpeg

🤔

Last edited:
Jul 7, 2022 at 12:22 PM Post #35,933 of 40,538
Jul 7, 2022 at 2:07 PM Post #35,934 of 40,538
Jul 7, 2022 at 2:20 PM Post #35,935 of 40,538
It was only a matter of time. Expecting announcement.
OK, I admit to feeling in the dark here. What type of announcement is expected?

Jul 7, 2022 at 2:35 PM Post #35,936 of 40,538
OK, I admit to feeling in the dark here. What type of announcement is expected?
yea, whats new, don't wanna order my odins if there's something better coming out

Jul 7, 2022 at 2:41 PM Post #35,937 of 40,538
It was only a matter of time. Expecting announcement.
@CL14715 posted a month or two back about some EE developments that would be released soon. He made a trip to HQ pre Odin release so I’m guessing we should see something soon.

Jul 7, 2022 at 3:49 PM Post #35,938 of 40,538
@CL14715 posted a month or two back about some EE developments that would be released soon. He made a trip to HQ pre Odin release so I’m guessing we should see something soon.
That's a fair analysis, I would say.

Jul 7, 2022 at 7:40 PM Post #35,939 of 40,538
I have a pair of ESR MK II incoming and wonder what tips people favor with them. Interested in Acoustune AEX50 but they have a rather narrow inner nozzle diameter = 3.7mm. What diameter sizes are compatible with ESR MK II? Anyway "tips" welcomed (pun intended)!

Last edited:
Jul 8, 2022 at 10:35 AM Post #35,940 of 40,538
I have a pair of ESR MK II incoming and wonder what tips people favor with them. Interested in Acoustune AEX50 but they have a rather narrow inner nozzle diameter = 3.7mm. What diameter sizes are compatible with ESR MK II? Anyway "tips" welcomed (pun intended)!

personally i like symbios, symbios peel, spiral dots++ on my iems

Users who are viewing this thread

Back