Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Jun 21, 2022 at 6:44 PM Post #35,884 of 40,538
still hanging on to my legend x after all these time

When you have a classic, it’s much easier to put away thoughts of changing it out. ✌️

Jun 22, 2022 at 8:46 AM Post #35,885 of 40,538
When you have a classic, it’s much easier to put away thoughts of changing it out. ✌️
Absolutely- however, refinements are available. See my post about it on the Eletech thread here.

Jun 23, 2022 at 9:02 PM Post #35,886 of 40,538
54FBB58B-5EE1-4EDB-B61D-F6937628FAC1.jpeg

Got this beauty from @skedra to replace my broken Ares II for the Legend X. Wow, made a huge difference from my dinky temporary cables. It’s a 4 wire graphene coated SPC cable. The sheer weight of the music, soundstage, airiness, all improved. The bass also tightened up. It brought back my love for the Legend X. Was feeling down about it after my cable broke and was using crappy replacements.

Jun 24, 2022 at 12:46 AM Post #35,888 of 40,538
I just did my first cable roll with Evo using Dr. Juggles not only can I hear the difference I can feel it!!! On stock cable, I had a sense of the bone conductor with Dr.J I definitely know it's there! It's so hard to put into words but the reverb & bass now have a fiscality to them. Treble also is going higher and much more distinctive. :):ksc75smile::)

Jun 27, 2022 at 9:07 AM Post #35,891 of 40,538
Yes I would, considering what Orpheus currently costs (be it new or pre-loved). But whether it is the ideal pairing synergistically speaking is something I won’t be able to comment on. I’ve not heard Odin for sufficient time, just fleetingly.

Jun 27, 2022 at 10:58 AM Post #35,892 of 40,538
I’d like to ask the community, would someone buy a new Odin, without the Stormbreaker but with an Orpheus (shielding) cable for USD6k?
Assuming both are in mint condition, the pricing is better than purchasing both as new. But in my estimation, $5k might be the price to interest me if I wanted both.

I have no idea how they sound together, but I suspect it might be a great match as the Orpheus should smooth out some of the highs on the Odin without a loss of detail. If that occurs, could be special. But I have not heard anyone talk about this match.

Jun 27, 2022 at 11:34 AM Post #35,893 of 40,538
I have no idea how they sound together, but I suspect it might be a great match as the Orpheus should smooth out some of the highs on the Odin without a loss of detail. If that occurs, could be special. But I have not heard anyone talk about this match.
You are spot on about the Orpheus taming the upper mids of the Odin; the Stormbreaker, even the 1960, have a similar signature but not the quality to do it. The Odin is not perfect, but I have not heard a better cable than the Orpheus to make it as good as it can be. 😊

Jun 27, 2022 at 12:46 PM Post #35,894 of 40,538
You are spot on about the Orpheus taming the upper mids of the Odin; the Stormbreaker, even the 1960, have a similar signature but not the quality to do it. The Odin is not perfect, but I have not heard a better cable than the Orpheus to make it as good as it can be. 😊
Thats a combo I would like to hear. I loved the clarity & detail that came with the Odin. My main problem was the highs.

Jun 27, 2022 at 3:33 PM Post #35,895 of 40,538
So, you have the Orph and Odin together?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back