Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
May 14, 2022 at 12:24 PM Post #35,716 of 40,559
Odin can definitely be improved. If you love Odin they way it is, you can just keep it. An Odin mkii would be like a Jewel with bone conduction. That would be spectacular and it is definitely possible.
Impossible.jpg

May 14, 2022 at 1:33 PM Post #35,717 of 40,559
So big things coming,. Just know it will be good. Meanwhile, ODIN and EVO owners have all of the bases covered.

Last edited:
May 14, 2022 at 1:39 PM Post #35,718 of 40,559
From what I understand, the Weapon X utilizes the shell material to transfer the additional sound waves as well as any contact made with ear cartilage. I don’t believe it is solely dependent upon direct contact with the ear.
That’s not my understanding of how weapon x works at all. The main means through which the bone conducting iems are transmitting the sound is via the stem of the iem, which then transmits through the silicon ear tips to the bone/cartilage that the ear tips contact with inside your ear. This is why the bone conduction in the EVOs does not work with foaM ear tips. My understanding is it has nothing to do with contact of the shell with any of the exterior anatomy of your ears.

May 14, 2022 at 2:09 PM Post #35,719 of 40,559
That’s not my understanding of how weapon x works at all. The main means through which the bone conducting iems are transmitting the sound is via the stem of the iem, which then transmits through the silicon ear tips to the bone/cartilage that the ear tips contact with inside your ear. This is why the bone conduction in the EVOs does not work with foaM ear tips. My understanding is it has nothing to do with contact of the shell with any of the exterior anatomy of your ears.
That’s what I said. It’s the shell material that conducts the sound into your ears. If your ear makes contact with the shell elsewhere, You’ll perceive more vibration.

May 14, 2022 at 2:21 PM Post #35,720 of 40,559
That’s what I said. It’s the shell material that conducts the sound into your ears. If your ear makes contact with the shell elsewhere, You’ll perceive more vibration.
If this is the case, then I should feel vibration when I hold the shell while playing music. But I don't feel anything. Should I worry?

May 14, 2022 at 9:24 PM Post #35,723 of 40,559
This is why I went with LX recently and not Evo (that and the matter of the $1000 extra)— I have a strange external ear canal such that silicone ear tips (other than those that sit outside the ear canal like Azla Xelastics) are almost impossible to fit, so I get much better fit with foams. I had read a review from Passion for Sound in which the reviewer complained of the MEST MK2 (which also has a BC driver) that he found it problematic due to his own anatomy - he couldn’t connect to the BCD. I reckoned I’d be better off going with LX. I am very happy indeed, and wish well to all those who can enjoy the EVO. Perhaps if I someday have a chance to demo them at a CanJam I will change my mind.

Last edited:
May 14, 2022 at 10:03 PM Post #35,725 of 40,559
Ah ha. Maybe insider info?
I have no insider information. All I have is the ability to speculate like everyone else based on the available facts.

May 14, 2022 at 10:05 PM Post #35,726 of 40,559
Another thing: I was able to purchase LX at a considerably lower price once Evo was introduced (close out deals). I am betting the same will occur if/once there is an Odin Mk II.
Sure, but you would be waiting several years to hear a product that was popular in 2020 and 2021. I am no longer that patient.

May 14, 2022 at 10:06 PM Post #35,727 of 40,559
Sure, but you would be waiting several years to hear a product that was popular in 2020 and 2021. I am no longer that patient.
Absolutely, life is short and YOLO

May 15, 2022 at 7:59 PM Post #35,728 of 40,559
This is why I went with LX recently and not Evo (that and the matter of the $1000 extra)— I have a strange external ear canal such that silicone ear tips (other than those that sit outside the ear canal like Azla Xelastics) are almost impossible to fit, so I get much better fit with foams. I had read a review from Passion for Sound in which the reviewer complained of the MEST MK2 (which also has a BC driver) that he found it problematic due to his own anatomy - he couldn’t connect to the BCD. I reckoned I’d be better off going with LX. I am very happy indeed, and wish well to all those who can enjoy the EVO. Perhaps if I someday have a chance to demo them at a CanJam I will change my mind.
I still think the LX is a good choice for an IEM. I’ve tried quite a few eartips with mine to try and get the best sound for my preference, and my current favourite is the Azla Sedna Crystal. I never used to be a fan of silicone as I found the sound too bright and also found it difficult to get a good fit. Sedna tips seem to have solved that though. If I was using foams then my preference would be the Symbio F.

May 15, 2022 at 8:47 PM Post #35,730 of 40,559
If you enjoy the LX in universal form, I can’t recommend customs enough. Most satisfied I’ve ever been with an IEM.
I completely agree. I wish EVO came in Custom. I have my credit card ready.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back