Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
May 5, 2022 at 10:52 PM Post #35,611 of 40,559
I don’t think it may be the best for classical, vocal-focused (eg. female Asian pop) for some people. If it works for all of your genres, then I’m glad, it works for many if not all of my genres as well. There are days where I’m in the mood for the sound to focus mainly on vocals like Faye Wong, IU, EVO won’t necessarily be my first choice.
That's were Odin comes in, or in your case Jewel!

Given how well known your metal tendencies are, I did not expect a Faye Wong name drop

May 5, 2022 at 11:11 PM Post #35,612 of 40,559
That's were Odin comes in, or in your case Jewel!

Given how well known your metal tendencies are, I did not expect a Faye Wong name drop
Haha, there will be other artistes / bands which may seem unlikely in my professed collection 😝

May 6, 2022 at 3:31 PM Post #35,614 of 40,559
It's only a matter of time until EE drops something that does it all.
Insider info again? I look forward to your next road trip. 😊

May 6, 2022 at 6:08 PM Post #35,616 of 40,559

Odin MKII? I figured we’d see an upgrade with a bc driver in August/September.

May 7, 2022 at 7:39 AM Post #35,619 of 40,559
Just a little… They have been working extremely hard so I look forward to it as well! 🙂
It is a fact...a bit more patience is required though

May 7, 2022 at 3:19 PM Post #35,620 of 40,559
They already have, the western audience just doesn't like the upper mids.

You're inevitably going to have the western audience complaining there isn't enough bass and too many upper mids or

The asian audience complaining about there not being enough upper mids.

Evo and Odin covers both of those already imo

Odin MKII? I figured we’d see an upgrade with a bc driver in August/September.
I hope not. The Odin was already a once in a lifetime purchase for me. Putting a BCD in there is going to break my soul. On the other hand, Wraith MKII with the updated estats.....

May 7, 2022 at 3:40 PM Post #35,621 of 40,559
They already have, the western audience just doesn't like the upper mids.

You're inevitably going to have the western audience complaining there isn't enough bass and too many upper mids or

The asian audience complaining about there not being enough upper mids.

Evo and Odin covers both of those already imo

I hope not. The Odin was already a once in a lifetime purchase for me. Putting a BCD in there is going to break my soul. On the other hand, Wraith MKII with the updated estats.....
I agree but you’ll see what I mean.

May 7, 2022 at 10:55 PM Post #35,623 of 40,559
There will never be an IEM that satisfies everyone. Likely there will never be an IEM that satisfies a large segment of the audio-buying population. For obvious reasons.

That said, it's always fun to watch new things drop and the scramble to get them, the happy posts, and then the new things ending up on the For Sale thread.

This habit is like a drug, everyone chasing the high. Which wears off.

Not that I'm pointing fingers, I was guilty of the chase myself.

May 7, 2022 at 11:01 PM Post #35,624 of 40,559
There will never be an IEM that satisfies everyone. Likely there will never be an IEM that satisfies a large segment of the audio-buying population. For obvious reasons.

That said, it's always fun to watch new things drop and the scramble to get them, the happy posts, and then the new things ending up on the For Sale thread.

This habit is like a drug, everyone chasing the high. Which wears off.

Not that I'm pointing fingers, I was guilty of the chase myself.
It seems that you only keep one IEM from your signature.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back