Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Mar 3, 2022 at 6:17 AM Post #35,132 of 40,559
Am I the only one a bit put off purchasing the Evo because design-wise it doesnt feel anywhere near as exciting as the Odin due to it looking so similar to the LX? Its not my deciding factor on a purchase, but I wish the design flair put into the Odin had found its way to the Evo.
I can totally understand. I wished the same. Call it Thor, make it more flashy. 😅 But since they wanted to make it clear to be a "Legend" they decided for the same (safe) design I assume. The sound is wonderful though. Also looks really nice in reality.

I do agree too that it would be great to offer different faceplates in the future. Would certainly be a win-win for customers and EE.

Mar 3, 2022 at 6:19 AM Post #35,133 of 40,559
so who is using eq on the EVO? after many experiments, I gave up on cable/tips and just started to use eq to "adjust" a bit some "excess".
currently using peaking -3db/3kHz/2 + low shelf -3db/400Hz/1 , but still feel something is "wrong" in the upper mid / lower treble and also some lack of air (treble / higher treble)
what you guys using?

Last edited:
Mar 3, 2022 at 9:35 AM Post #35,134 of 40,559
so who is using eq on the EVO? after many experiments, I gave up on cable/tips and just started to use eq to "adjust" a bit some "excess".
currently using peaking -3db/3kHz/2 + low shelf -3db/400Hz/1 , but still feel something is "wrong" in the upper mid / lower treble and also some lack of air (treble / higher treble)
what you guys using?
The new Mojo 2 has a brilliant EQ without destroying the life of the music. Easily tempered the shouty mids of my Odin and EVO.

Mar 4, 2022 at 4:30 PM Post #35,135 of 40,559
Back in my hotel room, unwinding after gym, ready for ZZZs with EVO x 3MAX

IMG_4324.jpeg

Mar 4, 2022 at 4:41 PM Post #35,138 of 40,559
The new Mojo 2 has a brilliant EQ without destroying the life of the music. Easily tempered the shouty mids of my Odin and EVO.
I agree. I heard mojo 2 with EVO at canjam new york. It sounded great and the eq was bery easy to use.

Mar 4, 2022 at 4:43 PM Post #35,139 of 40,559
Great news. The mojo 2 is on my short list. Loved the mojo 1 but an eq was missing. Useability is ok with the knobs?
I prefer the bigger balls of mono og, but it worked well. Mojo 2 sound is a lot better to my ear than og

Mar 4, 2022 at 5:05 PM Post #35,140 of 40,559
Great news. The mojo 2 is on my short list. Loved the mojo 1 but an eq was missing. Useability is ok with the knobs?
I’ve always liked the illuminated marbles of the Chord dac line. I was a bit worried if my van nuys case for mojo 1 would be useable and it is. The little piece of leather that covers the vol up marble actually acts as a guard and reference point when in the pocket. Not the right thread so I would like to say Odin and EVO are a joy now. Everyone hears differently so mids are probably just a result of my aging ears.

Mar 5, 2022 at 9:01 PM Post #35,143 of 40,559
Average. So take them all, add them together, divide by the number of them, voila.

Generally, give them about 50 hours and see how things sound. Assuming, of course, that you believe in burn-in in the first place. :)

Mar 6, 2022 at 3:17 PM Post #35,144 of 40,559
Mar 6, 2022 at 5:47 PM Post #35,145 of 40,559
Sent my PWA 1960 cable (used on my Zeus XR) in for repair (gonna be a long while to get it there and back with Covid hitting Hong Kong so hard) and am currently using my Massdrop Zeus with an Eletech cable. Nice, but not the same. Just bought a Stormbreaker I located on the FS thread here and am happily awaiting its delivery. Now I'll have two 1960s and two Zeus (Zeus'? Zeuses? Zueese?). If anyone is looking for a good price on a 1960/Stormbreaker, there are a few more on the FS list at REALLY reasonable prices.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back