Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Jun 25, 2021 at 2:17 PM Post #30,241 of 40,362
Have Dean crack open your Trailli. His team can surely put it back together afterwards. :p
I have total confidence in Dean and his team to make a product equal to or better than the Traillii. I am heading back to Atlanta next month. I was going to have Dean, Jack and Josh listen to it to see what they can do. @CL14715 beat me to it. The W9+ drivers deliver better bass than the Bird. But, the bird is better in the rest of the FR. When they do, I will probably buy a custom as they are world class at making them. DD bass + DD mids + Estat treble + Perfect tuning = Best IEM in the world.

Jun 25, 2021 at 2:47 PM Post #30,242 of 40,362
I have total confidence in Dean and his team to make a product equal to or better than the Traillii. I am heading back to Atlanta next month. I was going to have Dean, Jack and Josh listen to it to see what they can do. @CL14715 beat me to it. The W9+ drivers deliver better bass than the Bird. But, the bird is better in the rest of the FR. When they do, I will probably buy a custom as they are world class at making them. DD bass + DD mids + Estat treble + Perfect tuning = Best IEM in the world.
I have to agree with the DD mids man.

Justi magine a Weapon IX+ taking on the mids… gonna be amazing I think.

Jun 25, 2021 at 5:24 PM Post #30,244 of 40,362
Hero is growing on me with burnin, I can’t image what can do a Legend X SE😱🤯
I think every music lover should have an EE😍

Jun 25, 2021 at 5:55 PM Post #30,245 of 40,362
Haha. As much as i like R8 sound i find SP2k better pairing with LX.
Though i have not tried Odin on R8 i think this might be a magic pair up too.
Honestly after getting SP2k my R8 is sitting wrapped up for sale.
Its smaller size and superior technicalities, and more revealing tuning opening up LX, just makes it hard to let it go. SP2K has one massive gripe. Its WIFI connection. Its borderline frustrating. But even then it does not off set. The benefits of owning A&Ks flagship.

So unfortunately i would be keeping it.
Make it an M8, then you no longer require the SP2k!

Jun 25, 2021 at 5:55 PM Post #30,246 of 40,362
I'm coming to suspect you just can't have the coherency with multiple DDs that you can achieve with BA only (plus estat). And from what many Bird owners say, coherency is one of the key things about the IEM

Jun 25, 2021 at 5:58 PM Post #30,247 of 40,362
On the LX, definitely. Prefer it to the Bird in several ways.
Yes, the DD bass is better. And, since it has a different signature than the Bird, it's very complimentary. If you get the Custom, then the isolation and comfort cannot be beaten either. The Odin is more in direct competition with Traillii and therefore overlaps in use cases and probably explains why many people have sold their Odin to get a Traillii, but kept or added an LX.

Jun 25, 2021 at 6:01 PM Post #30,248 of 40,362
I'm coming to suspect you just can't have the coherency with multiple DDs that you can achieve with BA only (plus estat). And from what many Bird owners say, coherency is one of the key things about the IEM
I don't think so. I have the UM 3DT and one of its strengths is coherency along with timbral accuracy. I love DD timbre. So, if the tuning and cross overs can be done right, it's theoretically possible to get there. I did allow Dean, Jack and Josh hear my 3DT and they liked it. So, hopefully that plus their hearing of the Bird will spark some innovation on their part.

Jun 25, 2021 at 6:05 PM Post #30,249 of 40,362

I don't think so. I have the UM 3DT and one of its strengths is coherency along with timbral accuracy. I love DD timbre. So, if the tuning and cross overs can be done right, it's theoretically possible to get there. I did allow Dean, Jack and Josh hear my 3DT and they liked it. So, hopefully that plus their hearing of the Bird will spark some innovation on their part.
Agree, I've never heard any coherency issues with LX. Then again it probably has one of the most advanced crossover designs ever made.

Jun 25, 2021 at 6:06 PM Post #30,250 of 40,362
The 3dt is all DD’s I believe.

Jun 25, 2021 at 6:11 PM Post #30,251 of 40,362
The 3dt is all DD’s I believe.
It is. And it has great coherency. That's the point. But the treble is weak which is why I would go with Estat for treble but DD for bass and mids. It might create a coherency issue with the estats if that is your point.

Jun 25, 2021 at 6:31 PM Post #30,252 of 40,362
It is. And it has great coherency. That's the point. But the treble is weak which is why I would go with Estat for treble but DD for bass and mids. It might create a coherency issue with the estats if that is your point.
That what I was also implying - but I guess we need someone to have a go at it....

Jun 25, 2021 at 7:55 PM Post #30,253 of 40,362

JH Audio Jolene has DD base and mids, but BAs for treble.

Jun 25, 2021 at 11:15 PM Post #30,255 of 40,362
That what I was also implying - but I guess we need someone to have a go at it....
The Z1R has DD treble too.

And it’s one of the most cohesive IEMs I’ve heard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back