Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Jun 19, 2021 at 8:13 PM Post #30,166 of 40,538
just brought the Odin home
couldn't wait to try it

impressions compared to the LX SE so far:
-Odin definitely more balanced
-LX is the king of bass
-vocals get pushed a bit more forward on the Odin

now I'm not sure which of these to keep alongside the Odin
-LX SE
-Oriolus Percivali

first world problems

Jun 19, 2021 at 10:02 PM Post #30,167 of 40,538
I’m waiting also BGVP WM01 and A07, but I have many stock tips to try, like Tansio mirai, UM, iBasso and more…
Hard work, this evening I’m listening with Mest Mk2😋
Try out JVC Spiral Dots SF(Stress Free) as well. i have one and it is the most comfortable tips I have! Except Flare Everyday Silicone tips

Jun 19, 2021 at 10:17 PM Post #30,168 of 40,538
I wouldn’t bet 1$ on Ikko CTU-01 with Hero but pairs good, it’s night and day compared to stock cable and ikko cost 60$.
Bass dig better mids are lusher and highs are clear but never harsh.
It pairs better than PWA M2, I think I’ll use it till I decide wich better cable buy.

This is an incredible cable for $60. I loved mine until I upgraded to Cardas Clear.

Jun 19, 2021 at 10:22 PM Post #30,169 of 40,538
I'll second this, but it's the 1960s 2 wire version, which ill compare to the graphene and the 1950s in the coming weeks. I love the 60s with my LX, from both the M8 and DX220 Max.

Well, it looks like I’ll be listening to my LXs with my Odin’s Stormbreaker cable tonight… 😖

Jun 20, 2021 at 3:43 AM Post #30,172 of 40,538
I love the Stormbreaker!!
Can't go wrong with Cardas.
just brought the Odin home
couldn't wait to try it

impressions compared to the LX SE so far:
-Odin definitely more balanced
-LX is the king of bass
-vocals get pushed a bit more forward on the Odin

now I'm not sure which of these to keep alongside the Odin
-LX SE
-Oriolus Percivali

first world problems
How does Percivali compare to LX?

Jun 20, 2021 at 7:13 AM Post #30,173 of 40,538
My Odin have finally burned in. It took about 150hrs. Any upper mid issue are gone and they have become a detail monster. The bass is some of the most accurate in my collection of iem and headphones. Of course the LX is still the emperor of bass. One interesting thing is that on insertion I need to give my brain a few minutes to settle in. This is not necessary with my other iem. When I have settled in the sound is glorious. My Utopia stand next to them but I will usually reach for Odin. I am so glad I persevered.

Jun 20, 2021 at 7:40 AM Post #30,174 of 40,538
My Odin have finally burned in. It took about 150hrs. Any upper mid issue are gone and they have become a detail monster. The bass is some of the most accurate in my collection of iem and headphones. Of course the LX is still the emperor of bass. One interesting thing is that on insertion I need to give my brain a few minutes to settle in. This is not necessary with my other iem. When I have settled in the sound is glorious. My Utopia stand next to them but I will usually reach for Odin. I am so glad I persevered.
They do change a lot with extended use… it’s very much like the LX in that respect.

Jun 20, 2021 at 2:20 PM Post #30,176 of 40,538
Can't go wrong with Cardas.

How does Percivali compare to LX?
Percivali has more similarities with the Odin than the LX

Jun 20, 2021 at 2:25 PM Post #30,177 of 40,538
I love the Stormbreaker!!
I asked Dean Vang what is the best cable in the market to pair with my LX. He said without a doubt the Stormbreaker. then, he proceeded to show me his collection of IEM cables and said he tested all of them with his products and believes that the Stormbreaker is the optimial cable for both the Odin and LX.

Jun 20, 2021 at 2:37 PM Post #30,178 of 40,538
I asked Dean Vang what is the best cable in the market to pair with my LX. He said without a doubt the Stormbreaker. then, he proceeded to show me his collection of IEM cables and said he tested all of them with his products and believes that the Stormbreaker is the optimial cable for both the Odin and LX.
I prefer the plussound silver + gold x8 over stormbreaker on the LX. I compared the 2 a couple of pages back. I also prefer the labkable Samurai III over the silver + gold on the LX but I don’t think they sell them anymore and the 2 pin seems to be a little thicker than the connector on the LX etc, stretching the connector out.

Last edited:
Jun 20, 2021 at 5:18 PM Post #30,179 of 40,538
He's just saying that because there's no 2-wire 1950s equivalent cable. Except there is, and I have one 😝

Users who are viewing this thread

Back