Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Jun 9, 2021 at 9:58 AM Post #30,016 of 40,358
Well, took the plunge and got the Bravado MK2s. They should arrive sometime today. You only live once right?

Yes, but if you spend all your money on extravagances and become homeless, your lifespan will be considerably ...

Hey. Wait. This is Head-Fi.

Enjoy your new Bravado MK2s!

Jun 9, 2021 at 10:14 AM Post #30,018 of 40,358
Yes, but if you spend all your money on extravagances and become homeless, your lifespan will be considerably ...

Should be headcase-fi.

Jun 9, 2021 at 12:06 PM Post #30,019 of 40,358
The eagle has landed. The only other IEMs I've had that compare price wise to these was AKG N5005s. I can already tell I'm going to like these better.

Bravado.jpg

Jun 9, 2021 at 12:14 PM Post #30,020 of 40,358
The eagle has landed. The only other IEMs I've had that compare price wise to these was AKG N5005s. I can already tell I'm going to like these better.

Bravado.jpg
Congrats!

I guess this is the same cable that comes with the Legend X? If you need a better one that is not stiff and feels nice I can highly recommend @doctorjuggles. He made a replacement cable for me at an absolutely reasonable price. I love it.

Jun 9, 2021 at 12:22 PM Post #30,021 of 40,358
Congrats!

I guess this is the same cable that comes with the Legend X? If you need a better one that is not stiff and feels nice I can highly recommend @doctorjuggles. He made a replacement cable for me at an absolutely reasonable price. I love it.
Thanks. Not sure if the cable is the same as LX. Don’t think it’s going to be a problem though.

Jun 9, 2021 at 1:28 PM Post #30,022 of 40,358
The AR-M2 drives the Zeus XR to perfection and sounds marvellous for post-metal tracks from the band Animals as Leaders. Has anyone tried this setup?

how is the pairing ? i am using a wm1a 4 years now so probably will stay put as money is super tight atm

Jun 9, 2021 at 2:11 PM Post #30,023 of 40,358
Did the Phantom get discontinued? It isn’t listed in the EP series or anywhere on the EE website. I love my Phantom.

Yeah, I noticed that too perusing EE’s site the other day. If it is indeed so, then a limited Phantom X run would make quite the last hurrah, wouldn’t it? :wink:

To support the end of Phantom, I see that Moon Audio has the Phantom Universal marked down $400 right now. Anyone that ever wanted to get one probably needs to jump on it.

Jun 9, 2021 at 3:06 PM Post #30,024 of 40,358
how is the pairing ? i am using a wm1a 4 years now so probably will stay put as money is super tight atm

I would probably say that the wm1a lacks the character of AR-M2. The combo makes the EE Zeus fuller, punchier and more rhythmic.
If you could find a used AR-M2 cheaply you’ll be in for a surprise

Jun 9, 2021 at 5:36 PM Post #30,025 of 40,358
I would probably say that the wm1a lacks the character of AR-M2. The combo makes the EE Zeus fuller, punchier and more rhythmic.
If you could find a used AR-M2 cheaply you’ll be in for a surprise
That's a really great sounding DAP. Way too powerful for its own good, with almost zero play on the volume dial between silent and deaf. Pity the software and SoC is so old and archaic now, and that the DAP has never been updated with a more modern version. The same sound in a modern DAP would be at or near summit-fi.

Jun 9, 2021 at 9:45 PM Post #30,026 of 40,358
That's a really great sounding DAP. Way too powerful for its own good, with almost zero play on the volume dial between silent and deaf. Pity the software and SoC is so old and archaic now, and that the DAP has never been updated with a more modern version. The same sound in a modern DAP would be at or near summit-fi.

Agree with you on the limited software support but I’m pretty sure some users have tinkered with the device with third party updates. It’s proprietary apps like the AR hi-res is very intuitive to browse and play from sd card. Aside from the constant pops and floor noise, it does not distract me from the music quality at all. Powerful it is, just from SE output! It’s designed for headphones and an overkill for iems like the Zeus. I do wish I had the luxury to try the other EE offerings though!

Jun 10, 2021 at 12:03 PM Post #30,027 of 40,358

New concept: "Soundspan" life span times quality if your music gear experience. Says I while dancing in my seat listening to current setup and
Buddhabomb's latest Rhythm Sanctuary dance tracks....

Jun 11, 2021 at 2:33 PM Post #30,029 of 40,358
Except with the Bravado. I have to push the volume almost to 60%+. Very power hungry - inefficient. AR-M2 has some special sauce, for real. Great for distorted guitars. Has a wonderful control and grip on the vibe of metal. Have not heard better for that. But it doesn't work as my only dap. Extra spice only.

Last edited:
Jun 11, 2021 at 3:41 PM Post #30,030 of 40,358
I got Hero, I hope I’ll like it😉

Users who are viewing this thread

Back