Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Apr 1, 2021 at 7:34 AM Post #27,976 of 40,559
No two ears are the same. It’s possible one of your ears is just shaped in such a way, that it’s more sensitive to pressure changes or a loss in seal. My left ear is like that. When I smile or open my mouth, the seal on my left ear will break before the one on my right. So, it probably isn’t anything to do with the IEM. It’s simply nature, I’m afraid.
Agreed. Unless you want to return your ears, stick with the set you have. It's not going to make a difference.

Apr 1, 2021 at 7:54 AM Post #27,977 of 40,559
I recently discovered advanced sound’s wartime fidelity u tips, which are elliptical (oval) shaped and they have replaced Xelastec tips as my favorites with Odin and my other items. While I never had a problem getting a seal with other tips, I often found bass to be less impactful with most silicon tips, but these elliptical tips solve that issue for me. More than most though, YMMV because this is probably something that is fairly specific to eat canal shape.

These fidelity U tips have stayed on my Odin for the last few months, it may also allow for deeper insertion as well for those who seek it: slightly less upper mids which hits my personal sweet spot.

Apr 1, 2021 at 8:20 AM Post #27,978 of 40,559
You reckon Is there a big sonic difference in your opinion with the earfit short, earfit light and the standard earfit (which I have)?

Give me a few days and I’ll be able to answer that better. My LXs had to go back to EE for a spa treatment and I just bought a set of LXSEs. Both should be here this week.

Apr 1, 2021 at 9:45 AM Post #27,979 of 40,559
How did you find the Valkyrie MkII? Very little being said about then on here but I’ve been looking a little into them recently.
I liked it a lot. It has great bass and that is what I noticed right off the batt. And, it sounds like a tribrid IEM with the electrostat drivers. I have heard a few IEMs with those tweeters so I am getting used to that particular sound. Some may call it incoherence, I call it a specific sound signature of a tribrid. The tuning was very v-shaped and I heard quite a bit of BA timbre, but I could probably live with it over time. I felt that I could EQ them or pair them with my Mojo and they would sound great as that it what I use to correct for the v-shape sound signature. Now that I think of it, I should have tried that. Actually, it sounds like a baby Legend X with more controlled bass. I really should have spent more time with it. Next time.

Apr 1, 2021 at 9:50 AM Post #27,980 of 40,559
These fidelity U tips have stayed on my Odin for the last few months, it may also allow for deeper insertion as well for those who seek it: slightly less upper mids which hits my personal sweet spot.
That is quite a cornucopia of audio gear you have my friend. Are you thinking about adding a Cayin C9 and/or Luxury & Precision W2? They can add something to your system.

Anyway, I see you have the Tia Trio. How does that compare to the Legend X?

Apr 1, 2021 at 10:00 AM Post #27,981 of 40,559
Deeper insert? With the Odin nozzle? My ear canals are already wincing at the thought! 😅

Apr 1, 2021 at 10:19 AM Post #27,983 of 40,559
How did you find the Valkyrie MkII? Very little being said about then on here but I’ve been looking a little into them recently.
Sorry Tristy...I have posted some comments. I will review it, but things are upside down for me at the moment. It gets half of my ear time now, maybe more.

Apr 1, 2021 at 11:04 AM Post #27,984 of 40,559
You reckon Is there a big sonic difference in your opinion with the earfit short, earfit light and the standard earfit (which I have)?
I use them both interchangeably. Usually I like to use the non-short version since they have the larger bore size. I haven't done A/B testing between both tips, but I don't recall a huge difference in SQ.

Apr 1, 2021 at 12:42 PM Post #27,987 of 40,559
I liked it a lot. It has great bass and that is what I noticed right off the batt. And, it sounds like a tribrid IEM with the electrostat drivers. I have heard a few IEMs with those tweeters so I am getting used to that particular sound. Some may call it incoherence, I call it a specific sound signature of a tribrid. The tuning was very v-shaped and I heard quite a bit of BA timbre, but I could probably live with it over time. I felt that I could EQ them or pair them with my Mojo and they would sound great as that it what I use to correct for the v-shape sound signature. Now that I think of it, I should have tried that. Actually, it sounds like a baby Legend X with more controlled bass. I really should have spent more time with it. Next time.

Thanks for the impressions, certainly sounds captivating in the signature it’s looking to go for.

Sorry Tristy...I have posted some comments. I will review it, but things are upside down for me at the moment. It gets half of my ear time now, maybe more.
No problem my friend, I look forward to reading the review!

Apr 1, 2021 at 1:17 PM Post #27,988 of 40,559
If B2 is '50 Shades of Grey' in its sound, LX is 500.

. . a fun IEM, and I get a kick (literally) out of using it every time I do.
I dunno, having a mule kick in your eardrums doesn't feel fun. Very 500 shades of grey though.

It might. I prefer the standard earfit since it provides a bit of room too catch earwax similar to the horn on customs.

I looked at those before, during my quest for the right eartips. The crazy shipping cost held me back: $ 65 for DHL (vs. $25 for the product). This post triggered the decision to buy these after all... Shipping with USPS ($15). I hope they arrive someday ... :)
Yeah, reliable shipping has always been expensive relative to minor stuff like eartips. Regular post means it might arrive in the next decade if you're lucky.

Apr 1, 2021 at 1:42 PM Post #27,989 of 40,559
As i am a sucker for tip rolling and dont have Fidelity U set yet. I definitely am getting a set.
What size was your xelastecs and what size did Fidelity U tips fit you best?
Just need to see relative size of these, as I am usually go between S and M. So i might go wrong on size. .
Cheers
I used medium small xelastecs and the medium fidelity U work great for me.

Apr 1, 2021 at 1:48 PM Post #27,990 of 40,559
Yeah, reliable shipping has always been expensive relative to minor stuff like eartips. Regular post means it might arrive in the next decade if you're lucky.
Agree, but this is extreme. MTMTaudio ships from HK without shipping cost, if you order over $20. Arrives within a week. Amazon shipments from the USA with Fedex are fast and costs $10. Not sure why they offer only DHL at $65...

Anyway, we'll see when they arrive. Won't hold my breath... :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back