Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Feb 8, 2021 at 4:38 PM Post #26,911 of 40,559
the Legend X is incredibly unique for taking the bass-loving approach to apex level audio, instead of the textbook path of neutrality. Nothing wrong with the neutral analytical approach, but sometimes it feels good to drink something other than distilled water :)

i am really interested in the Legend X, but I feel like as soon as i buy it they will come out with an updated version. especially with @Jack Vang 's previous post, it would be monstrously epic if they released a Legend X SE/MK II soon :gs1000smile:
I couldnt care less about SE or mk II. As long as its not better than OG. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Feb 8, 2021 at 4:48 PM Post #26,912 of 40,559
I couldnt care less about SE or mk II. As long as its not better than OG. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
There will always be something that's better at something. There's already plenty that are better at being different. But the Legend X will always be legendary for what it is, now, tomorrow and this time next year. It'll take something really, truly special to usurp the Legend X, and when it does, it'll cost you...

Feb 8, 2021 at 5:27 PM Post #26,913 of 40,559
The LX is a substantial step up in most technical aspects tbh. Although a completely different sound so it can be down to preference... if anything I find them quite complementary. I wouldn’t hold your breath on it dropping down to that price anytime soon.
Not holding my breath - just day dreaming :wink:

Feb 8, 2021 at 6:10 PM Post #26,915 of 40,559
There will always be something that's better at something. There's already plenty that are better at being different. But the Legend X will always be legendary for what it is, now, tomorrow and this time next year. It'll take something really, truly special to usurp the Legend X, and when it does, it'll cost you...
Oh i'm sure the R&D division over at EE are tinkering with something special, and the "house" frequency response is going through an evolution of trial and error to cultivate something else spectacular. It seems like over the last few years there has been huge progress in this industry and things are changing quickly technologically and otherwise. You can see how frequency curves are starting to look more similar for each preferred signature of different brands as they get the hang of tuning new tech and perfecting their own unique tuning signature. There is definitely something of an IEM golden age transpiring IMO.

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2021 at 7:04 PM Post #26,916 of 40,559
Oh i'm sure the R&D division over at EE are tinkering with something special, and the "house" frequency response is going through an evolution of trial and error to cultivate something else spectacular. It seems like over the last few years there has been huge progress in this industry and things are changing quickly technologically and otherwise. You can see how frequency curves are starting to look more similar for each preferred signature of different brands as they get the hang of tuning new tech and perfecting their own unique tuning signature. There is definitely something of an IEM golden age transpiring IMO.
Agree and that's when things get boring. Nothing really new, all the "same".

Feb 9, 2021 at 2:03 AM Post #26,917 of 40,559
Agree and that's when things get boring. Nothing really new, all the "same".
Yes and no, different for the sake of being different is just that. If an LX MkII comes out it'll be cool if they tinker with the tech and maybe throw some estats in there, couple of Weapon IX+. But I hope they keep the tuning within touching distance of the original because that's what makes LX...LX.

Feb 9, 2021 at 3:17 AM Post #26,918 of 40,559
Yes and no, different for the sake of being different is just that. If an LX MkII comes out it'll be cool if they tinker with the tech and maybe throw some estats in there, couple of Weapon IX+. But I hope they keep the tuning within touching distance of the original because that's what makes LX...LX.
So an Odin with LX tuning? :D

Feb 9, 2021 at 6:32 AM Post #26,922 of 40,559
Nice to see a re-birth of the LX, so to speak. It is so deserved. When I reviewed it, I referred to it as more balanced than most think. It doesn't mean it doesn't have incredible bass, quality and quantity, it means throughout it's signature, it shows great balance. Again, one of the most technical performers I have heard. It does improve with time and is not for the quick listen group.

Feb 9, 2021 at 6:38 AM Post #26,923 of 40,559
Nice to see a re-birth of the LX, so to speak. It is so deserved. When I reviewed it, I referred to it as more balanced than most think. It doesn't mean it doesn't have incredible bass, quality and quantity, it means throughout it's signature, it shows great balance. Again, one of the most technical performers I have heard. It does improve with time and is not for the quick listen group.
Yours is actually one of the reviews that made me sit up and pay closer attention to the LX. I'd always craved it before for its reputation of having the best bass in the business - and it does - but what you don't read so much is how well balanced it is. And like you say, it easily mixes with the very best IEMs I've heard in terms of technicalities, without losing its very musical and engaging tonality. I still have you review open in one of my browser tabs actually...

Screenshot_20210209-133723_cropped.png

Feb 9, 2021 at 6:41 AM Post #26,924 of 40,559
Yours is actually one of the reviews that made me sit up and pay closer attention to the LX. I'd always craved it before for its reputation of having the best bass in the business - and it does - but what you don't read so much is how well balanced it is. And like you say, it easily mixes with the very best IEMs I've heard in terms of technicalities, without losing its very musical and engaging tonality. I still have you review open in one of my browser tabs actually...

Screenshot_20210209-133723_cropped.png
Thank you..you are being too kind

Users who are viewing this thread

Back