Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Feb 1, 2021 at 5:02 PM Post #26,776 of 40,538
No EVR introduction?

Edit: also, is there any differences to the Bravado’s mk2’s tuning alongside the faceplate changes? Or just visual?

2nd edit... just saw the previous driver post.

The EVR MKII will continue to be available in the markets it has launched in for the time being, but ultimately we have found that the tuning is too close to what the ESR MKII and the Bravado MKII offer and is therefor a little redundant in our lineup and production space.

Feb 1, 2021 at 5:33 PM Post #26,777 of 40,538
I need a couple
But but how about the mids? I can live with the minor bleed and the treble from the OG Valk and they really don't need fixing. Really need the Dragonskin in my hands.

I really like how nice and snug Empire's shells get with each iteration though.
I need a couple of days to wrap initial thoughts around the mids. I really didn't comment on them because of the V shaped signature. Thus far, these are a very engaging listen. Nice....

20210129_163036.jpg

Feb 1, 2021 at 8:50 PM Post #26,779 of 40,538
Feb 1, 2021 at 11:52 PM Post #26,780 of 40,538
Feb 2, 2021 at 12:04 PM Post #26,782 of 40,538
I have this splitter on my Ares II with universal Nemesis since May 2020 :p

Nice! There are a handful of the prototypes floating around out there - the Cleopatra ones with the gunmetal version of this y-split are particularly smexy

Wait - is this for universal or custom? Will custom versions be available?

These prices are UIEM. CIEMs will hopefully be available before too long, but our production has been running at max capacity since the launch of Odin and the CIEMs are much much harder to execute at our standards, so we can't make them available just yet. On top of all that there's the many extra layers of complications from the pandemic.

Feb 2, 2021 at 12:06 PM Post #26,783 of 40,538
These prices are UIEM. CIEMs will hopefully be available before too long, but our production has been running at max capacity since the launch of Odin and the CIEMs are much much harder to execute at our standards, so we can't make them available just yet. On top of all that there's the many extra layers of complications from the pandemic.

Thanks! Any chance you can confirm that Odin customs will also be available before too long?

Feb 2, 2021 at 12:51 PM Post #26,785 of 40,538
Nice! There are a handful of the prototypes floating around out there - the Cleopatra ones with the gunmetal version of this y-split are particularly smexy

tumblr_my6fpcoTPj1sykpjyo6_400.gifv.gif

Feb 3, 2021 at 4:16 AM Post #26,786 of 40,538
Feb 4, 2021 at 8:09 AM Post #26,787 of 40,538
Any aftermarket cables that have great synergy with Odin? Or maybe on the same level with Stormbreaker.

Its seems Odin tended to sound brighter when pair with after market cables based on what I've read on reviews and forums.

Feb 4, 2021 at 8:20 AM Post #26,788 of 40,538
Any aftermarket cables that have great synergy with Odin? Or maybe on the same level with Stormbreaker.

Its seems Odin tended to sound brighter when pair with after market cables based on what I've read on reviews and forums.

I have tried some GPS cables, and seems Xerxes 8W is the first one which allows me to listen songs through Odin. The rest including 1950 & Iliad just make me stop the songs within a min or two.

Of course Stormbreaker and Xerxes give 2 different sound signature, with one former more airy and latter more upfront vocal, but at least I can hear a heavy dosage of the full sound spectrum.

My 2cent only. YMMV, as always.

Feb 4, 2021 at 8:23 AM Post #26,789 of 40,538

My suggestion would be to try different eartips, go between foam and silicone and/or different inner tube (bore) opening. Odin was tuned using 1960 2wire, and I tried most of the high end cables in my review last year and still came back to stock cable. What I found with different cables, to my ears they affect the bass which changes the overall perception of tonal balance, making upper frequencies more aggressive and brighter.

Feb 4, 2021 at 1:19 PM Post #26,790 of 40,538
My suggestion would be to try different eartips, go between foam and silicone and/or different inner tube (bore) opening. Odin was tuned using 1960 2wire, and I tried most of the high end cables in my review last year and still came back to stock cable. What I found with different cables, to my ears they affect the bass which changes the overall perception of tonal balance, making upper frequencies more aggressive and brighter.
Totally agree...stock cable and prosper

Users who are viewing this thread

Back