Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Sep 22, 2020 at 11:26 AM Post #25,321 of 40,559
Gotta hate their ads :frowning2: see:
1600788156803.png

In order to see the "close" button on the left ad - I had to scale my font size to 90% because at 100% it is not visible (even when you scroll). What the hell???
Between that, and the annoying ad on the bottom that you need to "close" - I really do not like their website!
To clarify, I am perfectly OK with the ads on the right hand side. Pretty big, but do not make me jump through hoops and do not obstruct the text of the review.

Guys - please learn from Head-Fi how to do ads without alienating your target audience...

End of morning rant.

Sep 22, 2020 at 3:18 PM Post #25,323 of 40,559
I'd be extremely curious to hear your impressions of the Odin Vs Z1R (and maybe a little MEST in there too).
The biggest difference in between them is mids. Z1r is laid back while Odin upper mids are in the forehead, sometimes it gives my nose pain like it's head butting me. Both has very fresh cymbals, the best example being Rust in Peace Album/Megadeth.
Soundstage wise they seem to be very similar. I felt Odin hitting harder than Z1r a little especially in Dawn Patrol and Hotel California Live on Mtv 1994.
Mest is very similar to these iems while having a very weird soundstage. It's like 360 audio, it's behind the ears as well with some strange tingling sense but it's very entertaining.

Sep 22, 2020 at 3:30 PM Post #25,324 of 40,559
Gotta hate their ads :frowning2: see:

In order to see the "close" button on the left ad - I had to scale my font size to 90% because at 100% it is not visible (even when you scroll). What the hell???
Between that, and the annoying ad on the bottom that you need to "close" - I really do not like their website!
To clarify, I am perfectly OK with the ads on the right hand side. Pretty big, but do not make me jump through hoops and do not obstruct the text of the review.

Guys - please learn from Head-Fi how to do ads without alienating your target audience...

End of morning rant.
Adblock :wink:

Sep 22, 2020 at 4:49 PM Post #25,326 of 40,559
Exactly like that but from his father.

Sep 22, 2020 at 5:36 PM Post #25,327 of 40,559
0FF577F8-4011-4F00-83D9-9283628B0831.jpeg

Jumped on a deal for these, even more gorgeous in person

Sep 22, 2020 at 6:13 PM Post #25,329 of 40,559
Sep 22, 2020 at 7:27 PM Post #25,330 of 40,559
I have AdBlock. Wonder if I could change anything in the settings...
(or maybe just ban websites that over-do ads. Head-Fi is a GREAT example of how to do ads the right way!)

Sep 22, 2020 at 7:34 PM Post #25,331 of 40,559
I have AdBlock. Wonder if I could change anything in the settings...
(or maybe just ban websites that over-do ads. Head-Fi is a GREAT example of how to do ads the right way!)

You can turn off Adblock when desired.

Sep 23, 2020 at 6:53 AM Post #25,332 of 40,559
Anyone know of a place that can repair Empire Ears IEMs (either in Europe or the US)? Would ask in the help/recommendations forum, but I've seen several repair questions go unanswered, so figured I might ask folks with more EE-specific experience :). I think the job is pretty straightforward and simple--I don't think any of the BA drivers are damaged and need to be replaced, if that helps.

I've spent a not-insignificant time googling and it seems like most of the folks willing to repair IEMs are located in Singapore--just wondering if there were any more niche folk available that I may have missed.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Sep 23, 2020 at 6:59 AM Post #25,333 of 40,559
Anyone know of a place that can repair Empire Ears IEMs (either in Europe or the US)? Would ask in the help/recommendations forum, but I've seen several repair questions go unanswered, so figured I might ask folks with more EE-specific experience :). I think the job is pretty straightforward and simple--I don't think any of the BA drivers are damaged and need to be replaced, if that helps.

I've spent a not-insignificant time googling and it seems like most of the folks willing to repair IEMs are located in Singapore--just wondering if there were any more niche folk available that I may have missed.

Any help is greatly appreciated!
What’s wrong with them and are they still covered by warranty?

Sep 23, 2020 at 7:39 AM Post #25,334 of 40,559
Unfortunately not, and it was my fault, not really a warranty thing. I had a tiny mishap in which I dropped them a few weeks back and the faceplate detached from the body; the cables connecting the cable connector to the drivers detached (hopefully terminology there makes sense). I think the cables just need to be re-soldered.

Sep 23, 2020 at 7:59 AM Post #25,335 of 40,559
Unfortunately not, and it was my fault, not really a warranty thing. I had a tiny mishap in which I dropped them a few weeks back and the faceplate detached from the body; the cables connecting the cable connector to the drivers detached (hopefully terminology there makes sense). I think the cables just need to be re-soldered.
EE does repair, have a chat with them.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back