Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Aug 8, 2020 at 12:53 PM Post #23,041 of 40,539
I can only say this is the best iem in my whole life
I had M5 & Noir, Odin Definitively is my favorite one whatever the look or sound.
I an so glad i got the limited version❤️
Run-in started!!

72D98AA4-73F7-4DA6-8E43-E994A93F9BDD.jpeg

DAF5A28F-9093-4BCE-8E4C-C78899114283.jpeg

F98F5DB2-1EDD-4A3A-8151-36524134C680.jpeg

Aug 8, 2020 at 1:04 PM Post #23,042 of 40,539
Wow, that's asking for magic Frankie, lmao...That's so hard to do, but we will see. I'll try.

I am currently running Audi Havana Black painted metallic Quatro CT's driven by the Ayre AX-5/20 integrated amp that has the crossover built in. Ayre used uber premium caps that were identically spec'd. They are good friends of mine and took care of me, lol. The server/DAC/headphone amp/analog volume control (for when I change to Vandersteen MHP5 mono blocks in a few months) is special The Memory Player by Laufer Technik. Sam Laufer is a close friend and lives close by. My player is the one they keep upgrading with the newest software on a weekly basis and then when they want hardware upgrades (every few months), they upgrade me so that I can help them voice. It's roughly a 40k player I believe. They have a new two chassis redesign that I'll probably get in a month or so. We are now using Stealthcaps (as is my Ayre) which are as good as any caps you can purchase.

Power is supplied via two dedicated lines that individually grounded outside. they both terminate into the listening room with Garth's (Powell) special Audioquest outlet. Best sounding outlet I've had in the room. Better than the new Furetech. Much better pace and rhythm. I think it's due to the extra micro and macro detail. Using the Audioquest Niagara 1000. They want to upgrade me to the 3000 or 5000. I will do that if they want to send it to me. Time will tell. All power cords are again Garth's Hurricane HC cords. My interconnect is an XLR (balanced) Audioquest WEL, which is their TOTL connect. I think it's going for 9k a pair. Garth will announce his new interconnect line soonish. I'm expecting something soon. My speaker cables are an 8' run of the new William Tell bi wired with the WT bass cable. These cables are the best audio power cords and speaker cables I've every heard and I have many of the top companies sending their premium stuff. I've had 50k Crystal in and it's not even close to this stuff.

I also have custom linear power supplies for the router (I direct connect with the top Wireworld ethernet cables using specially made medical filters, but will my server/dac will be adding a new optical isolation unit into the unit itself using dedicated LPS's for that board.

The speakers sit onto of 3" custom designed granite plinths and the rake is adjusted accordingly. It takes the bass and the soundstage into the 30-50k range of other's speakers. I have HRS sending me platforms for the server and eventually the amps when I get them. I also use a custom made reclocker for the cable box and TV (oh, the cable box also uses a custom LPS).

Aug 8, 2020 at 1:05 PM Post #23,043 of 40,539
I had M5 & Noir, Odin Definitively is my favorite one whatever the look or sound.
I an so glad i got the limited version❤
Run-in started!!

72D98AA4-73F7-4DA6-8E43-E994A93F9BDD.jpeg
DAF5A28F-9093-4BCE-8E4C-C78899114283.jpeg
F98F5DB2-1EDD-4A3A-8151-36524134C680.jpeg
Your pics are better than mine, lol. :). thanks. congrats.

Aug 8, 2020 at 1:37 PM Post #23,045 of 40,539
Wow, that's asking for magic Frankie, lmao...That's so hard to do, but we will see. I'll try.

I am currently running Audi Havana Black painted metallic Quatro CT's driven by the Ayre AX-5/20 integrated amp that has the crossover built in. Ayre used uber premium caps that were identically spec'd. They are good friends of mine and took care of me, lol. The server/DAC/headphone amp/analog volume control (for when I change to Vandersteen MHP5 mono blocks in a few months) is special The Memory Player by Laufer Technik. Sam Laufer is a close friend and lives close by. My player is the one they keep upgrading with the newest software on a weekly basis and then when they want hardware upgrades (every few months), they upgrade me so that I can help them voice. It's roughly a 40k player I believe. They have a new two chassis redesign that I'll probably get in a month or so. We are now using Stealthcaps (as is my Ayre) which are as good as any caps you can purchase.

Power is supplied via two dedicated lines that individually grounded outside. they both terminate into the listening room with Garth's (Powell) special Audioquest outlet. Best sounding outlet I've had in the room. Better than the new Furetech. Much better pace and rhythm. I think it's due to the extra micro and macro detail. Using the Audioquest Niagara 1000. They want to upgrade me to the 3000 or 5000. I will do that if they want to send it to me. Time will tell. All power cords are again Garth's Hurricane HC cords. My interconnect is an XLR (balanced) Audioquest WEL, which is their TOTL connect. I think it's going for 9k a pair. Garth will announce his new interconnect line soonish. I'm expecting something soon. My speaker cables are an 8' run of the new William Tell bi wired with the WT bass cable. These cables are the best audio power cords and speaker cables I've every heard and I have many of the top companies sending their premium stuff. I've had 50k Crystal in and it's not even close to this stuff.

I also have custom linear power supplies for the router (I direct connect with the top Wireworld ethernet cables using specially made medical filters, but will my server/dac will be adding a new optical isolation unit into the unit itself using dedicated LPS's for that board.

The speakers sit onto of 3" custom designed granite plinths and the rake is adjusted accordingly. It takes the bass and the soundstage into the 30-50k range of other's speakers. I have HRS sending me platforms for the server and eventually the amps when I get them. I also use a custom made reclocker for the cable box and TV (oh, the cable box also uses a custom LPS).
Wow! Sounds awesome! If anyone can make an IEM to match, now that would really be awesome. That is what started me into IEM’s. I had to travel and wanted to bring the sound of my home system with me. Closest so far is the ERLKONIG. So I am very interested in your opinion of the Odin and in comparison to your home system. Tks.

Aug 8, 2020 at 1:40 PM Post #23,046 of 40,539
Wow! Sounds awesome! If anyone can make an IEM to match, now that would really be awesome. That is what started me into IEM’s. I had to travel and wanted to bring the sound of my home system with me. Closest so far is the ERLKONIG. So I am very interested in your opinion of the Odin and in comparison to your home system. Tks.
I’ll do my best. I can tell you that it will be interesting. I want to also see how these will scale with better source and amplification

Aug 8, 2020 at 1:45 PM Post #23,047 of 40,539

Pete, it’s good to have you back!
Cannot wait to hear from you how the sound evolves.

Aug 8, 2020 at 2:43 PM Post #23,048 of 40,539
I an so glad i got the limited version❤️
Run-in started!!

Second image is the best I think we've seen of the faceplate, imo!

Aug 8, 2020 at 3:02 PM Post #23,052 of 40,539
It show 20 August 2020, how is that possible, today only 8 August 2020

By the power of Odin mortal and rudimentary constructs of time and space fall by the wayside.

Aug 8, 2020 at 3:02 PM Post #23,053 of 40,539
Subtonic Audio Cutting-edge artisanal in-ear monitors for discerning listeners. Proudly designed and manufactured in Singapore. Stay updated on Subtonic Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Subtonic.Audio https://www.instagram.com/subtonicaudio https://subtonic.audio support@subtonic.audio
Aug 8, 2020 at 3:07 PM Post #23,054 of 40,539
It show 20 August 2020, how is that possible, today only 8 August 2020
Well Odin can travel through time
Haven’t you watched any of the marvel series?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back