Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Aug 3, 2020 at 3:09 PM Post #22,652 of 40,345
Times have changed, Thieaudio Monarch and Clairvoyance and the likes are quite better than Legend X so it's becoming harder to jump on the wagon again for the asking price..

Aug 3, 2020 at 3:12 PM Post #22,654 of 40,345
Wouldn't that be fantastic. I don't care if it doesn't pound my brain, I just hope it didn't lose that savagely deep from the pit of hell, violent rumble. I assume it didn't since he mentioned it had great extension and well... vibrating your head at 20hz would be extension. I'm hoping it's lowered like turning the gain down on a subwoofer amp. You don't lose the bass deepness, it's just not as projected.
that, sir, would be awesome. add some 3d holograhicness to that deep bass and were all set...

.... to rob a bank

Aug 3, 2020 at 3:12 PM Post #22,655 of 40,345
Jude's balanced bass comment I think left some scratching their head. Mine is coming so I can't comment from first hand experience, but it would really appear to defy logic to include, not one but two of these big bass drivers and then tune it neutral. I can't wait to hear it and I am sure Alex will touch on this in his review.
Jack told me the bass is BASS, but just not as much as the LX

Aug 3, 2020 at 3:13 PM Post #22,656 of 40,345
So the Odin cable is only coming in 2.5mm? Man.. I thought we were starting to turn away from 2.5mm to 4.4mm finally.

Are the adapters included? Or what adapters are 'available'

I'm all 4.4 at this point. I feel like going 2.5mm on cable is just saying "Hey, this is only for A&K DAP users." Because just about every DAP has gone 4.4 by now.

I've been looking at the MAX or hiby R8, I want full android so I stay away from A&K. Now this is a hangup. I don't want to spend $3400 on an IEM and not get a cable that matches

Aug 3, 2020 at 3:14 PM Post #22,658 of 40,345
Times have changed, Thieaudio Monarch and Clairvoyance and the likes are quite better than Legend X so it's becoming harder to jump on the wagon again for the asking price..
better in bass? or are you saying they are better in general? There is one thing to make bass good. and completely another is to make good bass and the rest of FR sound coherent and technically capable.

Aug 3, 2020 at 3:15 PM Post #22,659 of 40,345
So the Odin cable is only coming in 2.5mm? Man.. I thought we were starting to turn away from 2.5mm to 4.4mm finally.

I'm all 4.4 at this point. I feel like going 2.5mm on cable is just saying "Hey, this is only for A&K DAP users." Because just about every DAP has gone 4.4 by now.

I've been looking at the MAX or hiby R8, I want full android so I stay away from A&K. Now this is a hangup. I don't want to spend $3400 on an IEM and not get a cable that matches

Considering Pentaconn are involved, I'd sure hope for a 4.4mm option.

Aug 3, 2020 at 3:15 PM Post #22,660 of 40,345

whattt 2.5 only?? That really is unfortunate :frowning2:

Aug 3, 2020 at 3:16 PM Post #22,661 of 40,345
Bloom Audio Headphones and Personal Audio with Pitch Perfect Service. Stay updated on Bloom Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/BloomAudioStore https://twitter.com/BloomAudioStore https://www.instagram.com/BloomAudioStore https://bloomaudio.com hello@bloomaudio.com
Aug 3, 2020 at 3:16 PM Post #22,662 of 40,345
Aug 3, 2020 at 3:17 PM Post #22,663 of 40,345
Wellll adapter it is then. I generally have a no stock cable policy, so the Odin's cable will probably go to a different IEM while the Odin will get something by Eletech strapped to it

Aug 3, 2020 at 3:20 PM Post #22,664 of 40,345
that, sir, would be awesome. add some 3d holograhicness to that deep bass and were all set...

.... to rob a bank

Bingo. We really wanted to showcase even more extension, depth and overall resolution in the bass department and I believe we achieved this with the W9+. Jude noted that Odin had "bass extension for daysssss" :smile:

It is indeed unfortunate but last year less than 5% of our IEMs were ordered with 4.4. Stocking these boutique cables require a significant investment upfront with a long lead time so maybe if there's enough demand we will look into it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back