Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Aug 3, 2020 at 2:10 PM Post #22,606 of 40,559
ODIN's stock PWA cable is 1960 2wire (4 conductors) cable, customized with a Valknut y-split. The bass is a scaled down in quantity relative to LX, but it's the same quality, maybe even more articulate and with better control, definitely above neutral. Mids have a more natural reference quality, but far from being analytical or anemic. And treble is nothing like Wraith where you need a powerful source to bring it alive, here you get a fast, clean, extended response from any DAP source I tried it with. And overall, I find the signature to be quite balanced using stock cable and Sedna eartips (my favorite in this pair up).

I will go over in a lot more details about everything in my full review, to be published in a day or so.

ee_odin-15.jpg

Are the 2-pin jacks recessed? I wonder why the connectors used aren’t flush with the shell.

Aug 3, 2020 at 2:11 PM Post #22,607 of 40,559
ODIN's stock PWA cable is 1960 2wire (4 conductors) cable, customized with a Valknut y-split. The bass is a scaled down in quantity relative to LX, but it's the same quality, maybe even more articulate and with better control, definitely above neutral. Mids have a more natural reference quality, but far from being analytical or anemic. And treble is nothing like Wraith where you need a powerful source to bring it alive, here you get a fast, clean, extended response from any DAP source I tried it with. And overall, I find the signature to be quite balanced using stock cable and Sedna eartips (my favorite in this pair up).

I will go over in a lot more details about everything in my full review, to be published in a day or so.

ee_odin-15.jpg

'Wonder who turned them onto that cable? :wink:

Aug 3, 2020 at 2:16 PM Post #22,609 of 40,559

ee_odin-15.jpg
How is the stage?

Aug 3, 2020 at 2:16 PM Post #22,610 of 40,559
Both Odin and Hero will be available at Bloom for demo in our NJ office. All preorder units that just went live will be for Founder's Editions.

We are extremely excited for this launch!!

Can you clarify what is different with the Founder’s edition other than signatures. I didn’t pay close attention to that in the video. As long as the @twister6 review appeals to me, it would be great to have a special edition version. 😂

Last edited:
Aug 3, 2020 at 2:17 PM Post #22,611 of 40,559

ee_odin-15.jpg
So... balanced and nimble, as I posited? Love the fact it has a "1960," great cable (have it on my Zeus). How is the Odin doing on your AK? No hiss? And does it have transparency, as does the Zeus?

Thanks.

Aug 3, 2020 at 2:19 PM Post #22,613 of 40,559
Yes! The Source AV recently joined the Empire Fam and they should be getting their Odin and Hero demos + stock soon. I've known @TSAVAlan for quite some time and trust they will represent us well in Cali.

Thank you very much for the tip! I called them already, should hear back from them hopefully tomorrow and I'll definitely be visiting them and hopefully have a good new personal audio patron whenever I'm visiting Cali. I've been looking for a dealer here for personal audio so this doesn't only check my Odin box but other ones too! Hopefully all goes well and they are a good shop/team.

Aug 3, 2020 at 2:23 PM Post #22,615 of 40,559
Yes but folks were using that conversion to spout out incorrect assumption of price in the US. Then using that to say it was going to be more than Jack stated it would be which was false.
So what?

Aug 3, 2020 at 2:25 PM Post #22,616 of 40,559
Yes! The Source AV recently joined the Empire Fam and they should be getting their Odin and Hero demos + stock soon. I've known @TSAVAlan for quite some time and trust they will represent us well in Cali.
What up Jack! Tsav has been super tight with Empire Ears for years and Jack has always been a close friend!

We will be getting both the Odin and Hero soon for demo here in Southern California!

Aug 3, 2020 at 2:26 PM Post #22,617 of 40,559
Can you clarify what is different with the Founder’s edition other than signatures. I didn’t pay close attention to that in the video. As long as the @twister6 review appeals to me, it would be great to have a special edition version. 😂

You can check out the included contents on our site! :slight_smile:

Bloom Audio Headphones and Personal Audio with Pitch Perfect Service. Stay updated on Bloom Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/BloomAudioStore https://twitter.com/BloomAudioStore https://www.instagram.com/BloomAudioStore https://bloomaudio.com hello@bloomaudio.com
Aug 3, 2020 at 2:26 PM Post #22,618 of 40,559
I mean. It's annoying when people disregard the official statement and do a bunch of speculation based on their own severe lack of understanding of how international pricing and currency conversion work? I don't think that this is so hard to understand.

Aug 3, 2020 at 2:26 PM Post #22,619 of 40,559
This site is reporting there will be an EE sponsored tour for the Odin ...

Aug 3, 2020 at 2:28 PM Post #22,620 of 40,559
So the Founders has the autographs on the box , Dean's autograph on the IEM, only 200 produced serialized and a serialized plate in the box. Did I miss anything?

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back