Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Aug 3, 2020 at 4:34 AM Post #22,444 of 40,539
Yeah, output impedance matching might be an issue. And possible hissing? Has anyone had issues like that with the Valkyrie?
I hope it's alright with the Hugo 2, but I remember hearing that EE tune on the Hugo 2

Aug 3, 2020 at 4:53 AM Post #22,445 of 40,539
Omggg EVR MK2.... I don't need it I don't need it I don't need it I....

I don't know how much's changed with the ESR Mk2 (with EST's) since its prototyping stage, but, if is sounds the way I think it'll sound, it just might be the dark horse of this whole new line-up. :wink:

Aug 3, 2020 at 5:10 AM Post #22,446 of 40,539
I don't know how much's changed with the ESR Mk2 (with EST's) since its prototyping stage, but, if is sounds the way I think it'll sound, it just might be the dark horse of this whole new line-up. :wink:
Idk, I wasn't a massive fan of the ESR 1, though I did think it was alright. I absolutely loved the original EVR though, I'm pretty hyped to get that

Aug 3, 2020 at 5:12 AM Post #22,447 of 40,539
Idk, I wasn't a massive fan of the ESR 1, though I did think it was alright. I absolutely loved the original EVR though, I'm pretty hyped to get that

This one's pretty different from the 1, though. One could consider more an EVR than an ESR. But, again, I don't know what changes may or may not have occurred during the prototyping phase. We'll see how it turns out. :wink:

Aug 3, 2020 at 5:16 AM Post #22,448 of 40,539
Aug 3, 2020 at 5:27 AM Post #22,449 of 40,539
This one's pretty different from the 1, though. One could consider more an EVR than an ESR. But, again, I don't know what changes may or may not have occurred during the prototyping phase. We'll see how it turns out. :wink:
I see. It's interesting that EE have fully adopted the estat treble and applied it to legitimately every new release of theirs. After hearing the Thummim's quad estats as well as the Elysium, the Canary and some others it's become my preferred tech, but it does seem to be a bit difficult to implement correctly.

To release an entire estat lineup does indicate that Empire have figured out the tech, and I really hope they have considering I'm going to be speaking to Jack about purchasing half of the new lineup :D

Aug 3, 2020 at 5:44 AM Post #22,452 of 40,539
I see. It's interesting that EE have fully adopted the estat treble and applied it to legitimately every new release of theirs. After hearing the Thummim's quad estats as well as the Elysium, the Canary and some others it's become my preferred tech, but it does seem to be a bit difficult to implement correctly.

To release an entire estat lineup does indicate that Empire have figured out the tech, and I really hope they have considering I'm going to be speaking to Jack about purchasing half of the new lineup :D
Maybe he'll be nice and give you a bulk discount :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back