Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Jul 30, 2020 at 3:33 PM Post #22,276 of 40,559
ooo. That's not so bad then. That sucks on the CIEMs. I hope you can get a resolve to your liking. Well, i'm hoping these improve on the X. I really enjoyed them on my schiit magni/modi stack. My one complaint with the X was the treble presentation could have been even more. Little more elevated and more extension. Bass was perfect for myself. Perhaps a thicker and more upfront mids. But really the treble for me. If its not this, then the hero and if its not either - well ok. Onto the next...

Jul 30, 2020 at 3:37 PM Post #22,277 of 40,559
twister is a funny man!!!! LOL....

Well, I'm glad you guys appreciate some between-the-lines humor (yes, Bette Midler "wind beneath my wings" and Hogan's Heroes references to "hero") :p And, no, I'm not reviewing Hero :D

Jul 30, 2020 at 6:31 PM Post #22,278 of 40,559
Hero hype train less extreme v Valk and with better mids.

If Odin is an LX with better mids and treble, I would be fully happy.

Either way, I won't be dissapointed. If they can coexist with the Olympus line or better yet supplant them, even better!

Jul 30, 2020 at 6:44 PM Post #22,279 of 40,559
Hero hype train less extreme v Valk and with better mids.

If Odin is an LX with better mids and treble, I would be fully happy.

Either way, I won't be dissapointed. If they can coexist with the Olympus line or better yet supplant them, even better!

LX with better mids and treble
End game

Jul 30, 2020 at 6:53 PM Post #22,282 of 40,559
Everyone hears differently. That’s why personal audio has so many different voices IEMs and that’s in everyone own lines. I’m home audio we are after the most neutral however most companies boost the freq extremes and tell folks that’s how the producer wanted it. I laugh since everything is produced differently. Unless you were there, you don’t know how they recorded it.
Sorry for the long answer, but Dean knows his markets and is doing a great job at satisfying so many folks. It’s crazy what he’s been working with for drivers and crossovers.

Jul 30, 2020 at 7:02 PM Post #22,284 of 40,559

I hate to be the bringer of bad news but the announcement will be postponed until 8-3-2020 due to some technical difficulties. I apologize for any inconveniences and greatly appreciate the enthusiasm shared in this thread. Trying our best to provide you all with the best content we can :) In the meantime i'd like to inform you all that

ODIN will not be joining the battlefield alone

Hero_Box (1404 x 936).jpg

I believe at it's price point Hero may be our most competitive model yet with DNA derived from two of our most popular flagships.

Looking forward to this. Fortunately I'm teleworking Monday and won't have to wait until I get home from work! :ksc75smile::ksc75smile:

Jul 30, 2020 at 7:07 PM Post #22,285 of 40,559
Am I the only one that thinks the mids and treble of the LX perfectly compliments the bass?
All the people that own and love their LX, which is a lot actually.

I'm just the odd one out.

Jul 30, 2020 at 7:21 PM Post #22,286 of 40,559
Everyone hears differently. That’s why personal audio has so many different voices IEMs and that’s in everyone own lines. I’m home audio we are after the most neutral however most companies boost the freq extremes and tell folks that’s how the producer wanted it. I laugh since everything is produced differently. Unless you were there, you don’t know how they recorded it.
Sorry for the long answer, but Dean knows his markets and is doing a great job at satisfying so many folks. It’s crazy what he’s been working with for drivers and crossovers.

you shoud perhaps try the Massdrop Zeus at 750$ ?

worse case scenario , you resell it here for zero loss......

Jul 30, 2020 at 7:30 PM Post #22,287 of 40,559

You and olddude should be given a Zeus flair, both of you love it like no tomorrow.

Drop version is excellent price value proposition given what Zeus is capable of. On the other hand it's just not as aesthetic as Empire's acrylic designs. I'd recommend getting it used for demoing since its not something that seems to resonate with a lot of people.

My first ToTL was Zeus and it still holds a special place for that wow factor of the sound. But as I tried more gear and got a better grasp on my preferences it became more of a niche case for me and hence put on the chopping block.

Jul 30, 2020 at 7:52 PM Post #22,288 of 40,559
Jul 30, 2020 at 7:53 PM Post #22,289 of 40,559

i hear it is very bright...

Jul 30, 2020 at 7:54 PM Post #22,290 of 40,559
:beyersmile:Oh boy .... "There's a hero, if you look inside your heart .... don't ever be afraid of what you are...."
unless you are a piece of crap!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back