Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Jul 17, 2020 at 2:46 PM Post #21,961 of 40,484
In all seriousness though we will be releasing more info in the coming weeks. Logistics has been hectic but we're doing the absolute best that we can to ensure a smooth launch.

Here's the first batch receiving the Founder's Edition treatment:

107826582_1226866164318553_4966492190283586760_n.jpg

Proudly handcrafted in Atlanta :beerchug:

d'oh... i read this week but its coming weeks

Jul 17, 2020 at 5:08 PM Post #21,963 of 40,484
Really? That's your take? Dude, listen at lower volume and less time. Your ears will thank you. Nothing to do with peeing or breathing. Your analogy is false.

You offered a seperate analogy that a doctor suggests to not do a thing so you can solve a problem. My response was just offering alternative analogies that show this to be a false philosophy.

My analogy isn't false. People wanting to listen to music can't just solve ear problems by no longer listening to music as your analogy suggested 'don't do the thing that's causing your problem'.

We have technology like Apex already to help alleviate these issues. So why would you not prefer to help solve ear trauma when we've already shown its possible?

Again I repeat,- research ear studies - low volume for many hours without depressurization can still cause hearing and ear damage over time. Your solution itself isn't exactly a solution. Especially for those that for work are required to listen for many hours a day every day.

So again. I believe it's more useful to actually address the problem given we already have some improvements in these areas , i.e adel and apex and ATOM.

Jul 17, 2020 at 6:42 PM Post #21,964 of 40,484
Really? That's your take? Dude, listen at lower volume and less time. Your ears will thank you. Nothing to do with peeing or breathing. Your analogy is false.

Amazing that no one believes those of us that attained wisdom from age.You are older than me, but I am still over 50 years myself. The purpose of IEMs is to provide isolation so a lower volume can be used. The European Union gets it, but they went beyond reason by requiring volume caps to which Sony adheres.

Jul 17, 2020 at 7:33 PM Post #21,965 of 40,484
To me LX low end was too cloudy. To - dense I would say. It was among my TOTL IEM picks and one of the many tried and I kept it among my choices for awhile. So don't get me wrong it was a very good IEM, but there was just a dense thick mog to wade through to try to find details I wanted more apparently and the seperation/stage size wasn't as large as I prefer. Possibly reduced due to this. The SE version helped improve these things, but I had others preferred I tested among my choices.
As mentioned, the LX sounds continually better as it seasons. However, I also found that it is very tuneable through cable rolling as well to get the sound just right. The combination I am using is the LX with the PWAudio 1950 which is otherworldly together. That combo is expensive but provides the answer to all your issues. Some of the warmness goes away for greater detail and separation and size. However, seasoning does the same as well, the 1950 just makes it even better. I am sure there is a less expensive cable rolling solution as well.

BTW, running all my tours and listening through the most exotic CIEMs in existence, the LX never fails to remain on top with EXOTIC-TIER SQ that is special to the LX. Listening to my LX though my Burson C3R desktop offers sound quality at an exotic scale that cannot be beaten by full headphone systems costing in the 10's of thousands. It also sounds top-notch on my iPhone for on the go listening. It is very versatile scaling both up and down to fit any listening requirements, but it is fun first, audiophile critical listening second.

Jul 17, 2020 at 9:37 PM Post #21,966 of 40,484
Interesting the whole discussion about venting. For me the A12t is the only IEM I can leave in my ears the whole day. APEX works and I would request every IEM manufacturer one thing, would be to have a similar technology.

Jul 18, 2020 at 1:24 PM Post #21,967 of 40,484
Just wrapped up my reviews of the Valkyrie and Wraith from the Head-Fi tour!

Written review for the Valkyrie here. Overall, this one definitely impressed me. Given its tonal balance, it has surprisingly strong technical chops. Something about the presentation just syncs together very well, especially for bassheads, and it's clear some good thought went into the tuning.

Written review for the Wraith here. Yeah...let's not talk about this one. You can read my review if you want to know my thoughts, haha.

Jul 18, 2020 at 2:25 PM Post #21,968 of 40,484
Written review for the Valkyrie here. Overall, this one definitely impressed me. Given its tonal balance, it has surprisingly strong technical chops. Something about the presentation just syncs together very well, especially for bassheads, and it's clear some good thought went into the tuning.
EE just knows something kind of uniquely special about maintaining technical chops and coherency in the face of having big-ass bass. I ain't complaining...

Jul 18, 2020 at 10:26 PM Post #21,970 of 40,484
Question. Does anyone know if the Sedna Xelastec version of the ear tips will fit on the Legend X?

They do, and they’re awesome! Best tips I’ve ever tried
2A222546-9084-484B-88AD-B1B47606E7AE.jpeg

Jul 18, 2020 at 10:28 PM Post #21,971 of 40,484
They do, and they’re awesome! Best tips I’ve ever tried
2A222546-9084-484B-88AD-B1B47606E7AE.jpeg
Oh yes they are! I received them today and using them with my Solaris 2020. I’m kind of tempted on trading up for the LX. I want da basssss!!!! Lol

Jul 18, 2020 at 11:30 PM Post #21,973 of 40,484
IMG_20200719_112355.jpg

Even with Odin joining the Empire Family, Legend X will still be my top pick for the day. I guess Odin can be a good compliment with the Legend X :)

PS: Such a mind-blowing cable from Effect Audio and it will probably blow your wallet as well.

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2020 at 11:35 PM Post #21,974 of 40,484
IMG_20200719_112355.jpg

Even with Odin jonning the Empire Family, Legend X will still be my top pick for the day. I guess Odin can be a good compliment with the Legend X :)

PS: Such a mind blowing cable from Effect Audio and it probably will blow your wallet.
Which model cable? That looks awesome.

Jul 19, 2020 at 2:38 AM Post #21,975 of 40,484
After I left them burning in overnight the highs did calm down a little bit. They do sound awesome. I’m still going to invest in something with that crazy bass for my electronic stuff. Either I’ll wait for that new Odin or just get the LX. I still have to demo it somehow.
For what it is worth, I had both OG Solaris and Valkyrie and ended up returning Valkyrie. I liked them, but their mids were significantly less present and sounded slightly sucked out compared to the Solaris (though listening to the Valkyries on their own did not make me feel like mids were sucked out). Although the Valkyries had more bass than the Solaris, the Solaris had more bass impact (specifically subbass impact)—I really liked the bass level on he Valkyries, but they just seemed to be missing that subwoofer-like subbass impact that seemed like it should have been there with the signature they have. Aside from the impact factor, the overall signature of the Valkyries is much more of a “fun” v shaped signature. The highs were not harsh at all, but they do have that sizzle electret quality, which some really love and others find a bit tizzy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back