Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Jun 24, 2020 at 6:01 PM Post #21,721 of 40,559
I gave the E-pro Horn Shapes a try. They give me a thinner sound on the Zeus when compared to the Sednas. I can see where with a really warm iem that might be a positive, but not with the Zeus. Also, as the Zeus have a slight lip on the sound tube, putting them on was a real fight. I'll try them again a different day just to see if I have the same response. Thanks for the rec, though, always good to try out different tips.

Jun 24, 2020 at 6:39 PM Post #21,722 of 40,559
I gave the E-pro Horn Shapes a try. They give me a thinner sound on the Zeus when compared to the Sednas. I can see where with a really warm iem that might be a positive, but not with the Zeus. Also, as the Zeus have a slight lip on the sound tube, putting them on was a real fight. I'll try them again a different day just to see if I have the same response. Thanks for the rec, though, always good to try out different tips.
Both sednas and E pros are in my top 3.

What i like about Epros over any other tips is that treble feels alot more layered and gives biggest sense of space.
Sednas while stage is also great. treble feel more energetic and in your face.

But i agree that that E-Pro might not work with brighter iems as well as with darker/warmer. They tame midbass considerably and to an extent subbass.

The biggest problem i can see for some is fit. They are very thin membrane and deep insertion. Can feel a bit flimsy. Sednas will fit more ears for sure.

Jun 25, 2020 at 9:33 AM Post #21,723 of 40,559
Just ordered a set of Bravado's with the 4.4mm Ares II from Dylan at Empire. They fast tracked the shipping so I'll have them in my hands tomorrow.

Super excited to try my first set of Empire Ears. There's no place to buy them in Vancouver so I blind bought them.

Jun 25, 2020 at 10:58 AM Post #21,724 of 40,559
Just ordered a set of Bravado's with the 4.4mm Ares II from Dylan at Empire. They fast tracked the shipping so I'll have them in my hands tomorrow.

Super excited to try my first set of Empire Ears. There's no place to buy them in Vancouver so I blind bought them.
You're going to love them! I absolutely adore mine, but I'll be honest, my next mission is to land the Legend X. Someone once wrote after listening to the Bravado, it's just going to make you want the Legend X haha they weren't kidding. But I heard they were like baby Legend's, so at least I know what I'm getting myself into. I think you'll really enjoy the quality from Empire Ears though.

Jun 25, 2020 at 11:03 AM Post #21,725 of 40,559
You're going to love them! I absolutely adore mine, but I'll be honest, my next mission is to land the Legend X. Someone once wrote after listening to the Bravado, it's just going to make you want the Legend X haha they weren't kidding. But I heard they were like baby Legend's, so at least I know what I'm getting myself into. I think you'll really enjoy the quality from Empire Ears though.
The Legend X are in a league of their own. Completely unfair to sound that good.

Jun 25, 2020 at 11:26 AM Post #21,728 of 40,559

Can't go wrong w/ Bravado! Gives u that W9 sub-bass at the lowest price point in EE's line.

Jun 26, 2020 at 10:31 AM Post #21,729 of 40,559
Jun 26, 2020 at 2:22 PM Post #21,731 of 40,559
Let me know what you think if you decide to go for it.
Thanks for the recommendation! I like them, but have to agree with olddude on them making the sound a bit thin. But to be fair, I can't imagine any way for an eartip to improve the sound I am hearing out of my Spiral Dots with the Legend X. The soundstage is already incredibly wide and the detail and balance is still so lush despite the intoxicating sub-bass and bass.

I am glad I stuck it out with these IEMs-would have to agree with the assessment that they are mature and takes time to adjust to.

Jun 26, 2020 at 2:39 PM Post #21,732 of 40,559
Odin will be another game. Changer. So much tech in there. Dean is genius.

Jun 26, 2020 at 2:40 PM Post #21,733 of 40,559
Thanks for the recommendation! I like them, but have to agree with olddude on them making the sound a bit thin. But to be fair, I can't imagine any way for an eartip to improve the sound I am hearing out of my Spiral Dots with the Legend X. The soundstage is already incredibly wide and the detail and balance is still so lush despite the intoxicating sub-bass and bass.

I am glad I stuck it out with these IEMs-would have to agree with the assessment that they are mature and takes time to adjust to.
Glad you like them. In comparison to spiral dots they definately push back bass. More so than azlas, the way i see it. I find it perfect match though.
Adding dx220 treble i just feel like in no way higher FR lacks. But thats just me of course

What dap are you using your LX on?

Jun 26, 2020 at 2:51 PM Post #21,734 of 40,559
Glad you like them. In comparison to spiral dots they definately push back bass. More so than azlas, the way i see it. I find it perfect match though.
Adding dx220 treble i just feel like in no way higher FR lacks. But thats just me of course

What dap are you using your LX on?
I'm using the DX160, never got to try the DX228 Ultimate Mod, only DX229. Yeah, at first I was worried about the LX being too dark but with the right seasoning and ear tips, I definitely am appreciating the detailed and smooth treble/high frequencies. That's the beauty (and curse) of this hobby-different synergies for different ears :).

Definitely curious about the Odin, I would agree it'll likely be a complementary piece rather than a pure replacement. LX should continue aging well.

Jun 26, 2020 at 3:04 PM Post #21,735 of 40,559
I'm using the DX160, never got to try the DX228 Ultimate Mod, only DX229. Yeah, at first I was worried about the LX being too dark but with the right seasoning and ear tips, I definitely am appreciating the detailed and smooth treble/high frequencies. That's the beauty (and curse) of this hobby-different synergies for different ears :).

Definitely curious about the Odin, I would agree it'll likely be a complementary piece rather than a pure replacement. LX should continue aging well.
Hows dx160 in comparison with dx229? Heard quite good things about it.

Agreed on LX needing time to burn in. They really opened up. And bass calmed down. Though it still will not be for everyone, they are not first listen iems.

Yeh Odin is really interesring aswell. Anyone seen any yet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back