Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
May 4, 2020 at 12:23 PM Post #21,196 of 40,559
Hell, Georgia is like 7 hours north of me. Maybe I’ll take a little road trip and snoop around 😜
Might want to wait till this virus situation is over. Seem to remember they were closed to the public (might want to check on that).

May 4, 2020 at 12:42 PM Post #21,197 of 40,559
The Zeus came and went. The Phantom and the LX stole its thunder (sorry),

With the 1960 I get to have basically a new IEM that has almost all of the goodness of the old one with new surprises. It really is what I hoped the Phantom would be, a Zeus with more bass.

May 4, 2020 at 4:59 PM Post #21,200 of 40,559
Hi everyone, I'm new to Head Fi!

Wanted to ask, the EE Phantom relief edition was once a head fi exclusive? When and where was this colourway first launched? TIA!
It's not a Head-Fi exclusive as far as I'm aware. It's a special-edition version with a unique color scheme, and a quarter of all income from its sales will go to charities combating the current pandemic. It's been available since the 5th of April, and it's available now on their website: https://empireears.com/collections/the-relief-editions/products/phantom-relief-edition

From EE's post about this on their site:

Those-in-the-know may recognize these units as our Head-Fi Exclusive versions, but we've stolen them for the greater good. In light of everything, we're doing everything we can to help everyone stay safe and healthy, so we're teaming up with United Way's Covid-19 Recovery Fund with a give-away and our newly-named Relief Edition Nemesis and Relief Edition Phantom! You can learn more about United Way’s action to help fight COVID-19 here.

:)

edit: also, whoever recommended the new Strokes album? good choice, gd (though i'm listening to it on another really nice set first; i think it's gonna be particularly amazing on the LX)

Last edited:
May 4, 2020 at 9:32 PM Post #21,201 of 40,559

edit: also, whoever recommended the new Strokes album? good choice, gd (though i'm listening to it on another really nice set first; i think it's gonna be particularly amazing on the LX)
I did that. I mentioned LX, because I listened with it. But Any nice system/setup will be nice to listen to. It is a really well produced album.

May 4, 2020 at 10:07 PM Post #21,203 of 40,559
Yo
holy SHΙT 1:32 on Eternal Summer on the LX 😅
You want bass??? Listen for a bit after the 1 minute mark lmao
1DF69D54-6E27-4E83-AA25-47B82B394EF7.png

May 4, 2020 at 11:33 PM Post #21,205 of 40,559

Yes I brought up the head-fi edition because of what EE wrote on their blurb about the relief editions, and also because some guy had been selling the relief colorway phantom since last year. I wanted to jump on it but was doubtful as I had never seen this colorway for the phantom anywhere. He said it was for the Chinese and HK markets. To my surprise, the relief edition popped up and it is the exact same colorway as what he was selling. So am wondering when exactly this edition was sold so I can further verify the purchase.

May 4, 2020 at 11:43 PM Post #21,206 of 40,559
Yes I brought up the head-fi edition because of what EE wrote on their blurb about the relief editions, and also because some guy had been selling the relief colorway phantom since last year. I wanted to jump on it but was doubtful as I had never seen this colorway for the phantom anywhere. He said it was for the Chinese and HK markets. To my surprise, the relief edition popped up and it is the exact same colorway as what he was selling. So am wondering when exactly this edition was sold so I can further verify the purchase.

Hey there! We sold these Phantom and Nemesis variants a few years ago exclusively in the China market and decided to make a few small batches available to the public every now and then. If you'd like to DM me a serial number I can validate it for you.

Last edited:
May 4, 2020 at 11:47 PM Post #21,207 of 40,559
Hey there! We sold Phantom and Nemesis in these designs a few years ago exclusively in the China market and decided to make a few small batches available to the public every now and then.
Thanks for verifying, nice to meet the man himself on the forum!

Separately, could I get the opinions of Vantage owners on your sets please? Am considering between that and the Phantom and am wondering if there's other opinions I should take note of. TIA!

May 4, 2020 at 11:55 PM Post #21,208 of 40,559
I just wanna say I've always wanted a pair of Zeus, for years now, but couldn't handle the hiss with my budget sources. I'm curious to try this pw1960s combo because i loved the cable with other iems I tried it with. I'm still tempted to get a Zeus to this day and always ask to try it whenever I see EE at a show lol.

May 5, 2020 at 12:20 AM Post #21,209 of 40,559
I just wanna say I've always wanted a pair of Zeus, for years now, but couldn't handle the hiss with my budget sources. I'm curious to try this pw1960s combo because i loved the cable with other iems I tried it with. I'm still tempted to get a Zeus to this day and always ask to try it whenever I see EE at a show lol.
there are a lot of sources with low enough impedance these days that that shouldn't be a problem, i think? i'm curious whether any Zeus owners have an ES100, E1DA, Hidizs S8, or even (I'm dead serious) the Apple dongle? Worth inquiring about, I'm sure...

May 5, 2020 at 1:00 AM Post #21,210 of 40,559
there are a lot of sources with low enough impedance these days that that shouldn't be a problem, i think? i'm curious whether any Zeus owners have an ES100, E1DA, Hidizs S8, or even (I'm dead serious) the Apple dongle? Worth inquiring about, I'm sure...

They hissed really bad with my X7 with AM3 but that thing hisses with almost anything I use lol. Maybe I'll give them another shot when I upgrade source.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back