Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Dec 3, 2019 at 12:58 PM Post #20,341 of 40,559
hmm I knew there wasn’t enough material, I should have asked to cover the whole outer ear as well! Hopefully I don’t run into any issues...

Email the picture to Austin at Empire Ears before sending it in.

Dec 3, 2019 at 1:13 PM Post #20,343 of 40,559
Email the picture to Austin at Empire Ears before sending it in.
Yep, email that across before sending. Good luck with them.

one step ahead of you, I have already and he said it should be fine but I know that the Tragus isn’t fully formed so I’ll just have to hope

Dec 3, 2019 at 1:16 PM Post #20,344 of 40,559
Very interesting tips: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07HP9V613/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

BIG hole, I can see all 4 sound holes in my Zeus. Lots of sizes. More soundstage, more mids, bass seems slightly tighter, treble is a bit increased (which can be an issue with some songs on my Zeus w/AK SP1000SS) Overall I'm enjoying them. If you have warmer iems/DAPs it might be a way to get more detail (guitar strings really are e4vident) and treble. This is compared to Final Audio tips. Better mids than Symbios, treble is about the same, maybe a touch less (or different bass).

I am use these tips for about one year and they are just perfect with my Fitear 111 (L size) , Kaiser Encore (ML size) and my late Zeus XRA (ML size ; as the fit is... absolutely perfect with my Encore's, I have to made a choice a few months ago... But the XRA were great).

Till a few days, with foam I have adapted (3M orange foam : the same used with the Symbio's) : my endgame.

All the technical cursors are maximum : definition, impact, texture, isolation, timbral accuracy, timing, pace, etc.

If you fit them : endgame.

And with my mod : ENDGAME :beyersmile:

My 2 cts.

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2019 at 1:17 PM Post #20,345 of 40,559
one step ahead of you, I have already and he said it should be fine but I know that the Tragus isn’t fully formed so I’ll just have to hope
Then in that case fingers crossed for you. Don't let my experience put you off. You have seen my signature haven't you :)

Dec 3, 2019 at 2:35 PM Post #20,346 of 40,559
Then in that case fingers crossed for you. Don't let my experience put you off. You have seen my signature haven't you :)

Ah man, my audiologist mentioned that most fit issues are because of the impressions (generally the root cause). My impressions just got delivered, hopefully it's up to par/standard. First time getting them done but it looked alright to me. The audiologist I went to deals with Cosmic Ears so at least she has experience with CIEMs and not mainly just hearing aids.

Dec 3, 2019 at 2:41 PM Post #20,347 of 40,559
Hi All,

I have a pair of Legend X - and I love them. Just recently I've noticed something strange with my ear-tips though. I use the SpinFit CP240-L - please see link below;

https://www.amazon.com/SpinFit-CP24...eywords=SpinFit+CP240-L&qid=1575401919&sr=8-1

This large, double flange model gives me a great seal. I have noticed a couple of times of late that they are slipping off the wide bore of the Legend X. This wasn't a problem before, and I'm wondering if it's simply a case of the silicone losing some pliability - so time for a new pair? Or has anyone else had a similar issue in this pair up?

Also, does anyone have an alternative ear-tip suggestion they have found to work well with Legend X? I'm always open to another opinion, and a good seal - but one that actually stays on the IEM would be preferable!

Thanks in advance,

Dan

Dec 3, 2019 at 2:44 PM Post #20,348 of 40,559
Hi All,

I have a pair of Legend X - and I love them. Just recently I've noticed something strange with my ear-tips though. I use the SpinFit CP240-L - please see link below;

https://www.amazon.com/SpinFit-CP24...eywords=SpinFit+CP240-L&qid=1575401919&sr=8-1

This large, double flange model gives me a great seal. I have noticed a couple of times of late that they are slipping off the wide bore of the Legend X. This wasn't a problem before, and I'm wondering if it's simply a case of the silicone losing some pliability - so time for a new pair? Or has anyone else had a similar issue in this pair up?

Also, does anyone have an alternative ear-tip suggestion they have found to work well with Legend X? I'm always open to another opinion, and a good seal - but one that actually stays on the IEM would be preferable!

Thanks in advance,

Dan

Sounds like wear and tear in the silicon to me. I get the same problem with Sedna eartips with my Hermes after a couple of months if usage. If it works and fits well, probably just need to get a new pair.

Dec 3, 2019 at 3:18 PM Post #20,349 of 40,559
Hi All,

Thanks in advance,

Dan

Cleaning the nozzle helps. Alternately sell the universal and get the custom if you don't want to deal with tips issues :)

Dec 3, 2019 at 3:21 PM Post #20,350 of 40,559
Hi All,

Thanks in advance,

Dan

It's the build up of oil from your skin that gets in between the ear tips. You need to clean with something that breaks up oil - I use Lysol wipes. You have to also dry with a soft cloth so no residue is left. Also, you have to clean the inner part of the ear tip too to remove all traces of oil. Done correctly, both your ear pieces and ear tips will be as good as new.

As far as ear tip recommendations, I've had great success with JVC Spiral tips. Very wide bore and grips firmly.

Dec 3, 2019 at 3:24 PM Post #20,351 of 40,559
Sounds like wear and tear in the silicon to me. I get the same problem with Sedna eartips with my Hermes after a couple of months if usage. If it works and fits well, probably just need to get a new pair.

Cleaning the nozzle helps. Alternately sell the universal and get the custom if you don't want to deal with tips issues :)

+1 If I had that problem, I'd clean the IEM housing first (free), then order new tips if the problem persists. If that's too much hassle, you can simply send your LX to me and I'll deal with those PITA. Then you can get some REAL IEMs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back