Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Nov 27, 2019 at 6:40 AM Post #20,282 of 40,361
plussound have 20% off ... I’ve heard silver + gold is a good pairing for the legend
That would be great actually, cause I have the SIlver + Gold poetic series from them just laying around - might be a perfect pairing

Nov 27, 2019 at 9:20 AM Post #20,283 of 40,361
Could you guys make some cable pairing suggestions? Something to maybe calm down the midbass a little bit and give them a touch more midrange and treble

Agree with the Eros II that’s already been suggested. And oh look at that, I have an 8 wire version for sale. Let’s make a deal :ksc75smile:

Also wanted to add, tips make a noticeable difference as well. I never bothered tip rolling with my LX because I like the Final E tips (fit/comfort and sound) so much, but I took this week off because my kids are out of school and I had some time. I tried a new brand I heard about here in HF, AZLA SedenaEarFit. These have a much wider opening than the Final E tips and I found it reduced the mid bass nicely.

Nov 27, 2019 at 9:26 AM Post #20,284 of 40,361
Agree with the Eros II that’s already been suggested. And oh look at that, I have an 8 wire version for sale. Let’s make a deal :ksc75smile:

Also wanted to add, tips make a noticeable difference as well. I never bothered tip rolling with my LX because I like the Final E tips (fit/comfort and sound) so much, but I took this week off because my kids are out of school and I had some time. I tried a new brand I heard about here in HF, AZLA SedenaEarFit. These have a much wider opening than the Final E tips and I found it reduced the mid bass nicely.
When I tried the LX I was also using the final E tips and I found the seal to be perfect. I have really narrow canals so I’m afraid wider tips is a bit of a no go

Regarding the Eros 8w, I have a better idea
1. I’ll tell you that id like to wait till I have gotten the LX and want to experiment some more with it
2. You’ll successfully sell your Eros since the price is killer
3. I’ll come back running asking you to buy the Eros II
4. I’ll go and pay full retail for some ridiculous cable
5. Point at myself in the mirror and scream “WHY ARE YOU LIKE THIS”

Nov 27, 2019 at 10:33 AM Post #20,285 of 40,361
tenor.gif

LOL "Down! Down! Down! Go! Go Go! Mine! Mine! Mine!" A proper education in the classics is so important.

Nov 27, 2019 at 1:22 PM Post #20,288 of 40,361
Anyone have any insight between the Nemesis and the Valkyrie?

I've owned the Nemesis for going on two years now but found myself taming down the low-end slightly, bumping the the mid-range slightly, and rolling off the mid-high treble since I received them.

Would the Valkyrie be a better fit for my preferences?

Nov 27, 2019 at 1:47 PM Post #20,289 of 40,361

I've owned the Nemesis for going on two years now but found myself taming down the low-end slightly, bumping the the mid-range slightly, and rolling off the mid-high treble since I received them.

Looks like it:

upload_2019-11-27_12-47-14.png

though you might still want to tune down the bass a bit

Nov 27, 2019 at 2:03 PM Post #20,291 of 40,361

The Valkyrie is a very pronounced V... you won’t be hearing much more of a midrange there

Nov 27, 2019 at 3:41 PM Post #20,293 of 40,361
I appreciate the graph, thank you!

It looks like things 1k and above would better suit my preferences for sure... as far as the bass, I guess you can't win them all!
What about Wraith?

Nov 27, 2019 at 3:42 PM Post #20,294 of 40,361
The Valkyrie is a very pronounced V... you won’t be hearing much more of a midrange there

I'd highly disagree. The Valkyrie is one of the most W-shaped IEMs I've heard in recent memory. It has a prominent upper-midrange more-or-less in-line with the lows. The highs sit just behind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back