Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Nov 26, 2019 at 9:41 AM Post #20,266 of 40,485
Excellent! Thanks Austin.

I do have a question...

I'm a happy owner of a custom pair of Legend X, the pic is in my avatar actually. I've been using it for quite awhile and the low end still seems kind of loose and boomy to me (I'm comparing the bass performance against another pair of universal Legend X I owned before I decided to go custom. The universal version to my ears had gorgeous/better mids and excellent tight fast bass. I regret it deeply that I exchanged them for my custom ones)

Anyways, when I saw that you were going to have the Limited Editions at 30% off, I right away was thinking about the LE Legend X

A lot of Legend X owners would have probably jump on those right away, the reason is because of the allegedly new tuning that these have (had). More controlled bass I think (at least that's what I understood from the little reviews I read). This was only for the Japanese market but I'm still thinking about these.

Also the smoky design with the gold face plate was gorgeous!

Here is a pic just to refresh everyone's memory :ksc75smile:

Not sure if this will happen this year, but please consider offering these beauties to the US market (and if it's 30% off even better :L3000:). Otherwise If we try to get them thru Japan, it will cost a fortune for an item that's manufacture in the US. Thanks!

absolutely agree, another vote here. I sought these out and sort of gave up acquiring them in the states.

@subguy812 great review!

-Collin-

Nov 26, 2019 at 9:58 AM Post #20,268 of 40,485
absolutely agree, another vote here. I sought these out and sort of gave up acquiring them in the states.
Oh dear... I can see how this is going to escalate. Every time EE do local Special Editions, you start calling around for friends in the area to get your hands on them. In a year or two you will be like a spider in a web with a global network of friends who have your back, working under the name "Help SeeSax collect SE foundation". Meanwhile Jack is scratching his head why his local Special Editions keep popping up in the States all the time. :D

Nov 26, 2019 at 10:06 AM Post #20,270 of 40,485
Oh dear... I can see how this is going to escalate. Every time EE do local Special Editions, you start calling around for friends in the area to get your hands on them. In a year or two you will be like a spider in a web with a global network of friends who have your back, working under the name "Help SeeSax collect SE foundation". Meanwhile Jack is scratching his head why his local Special Editions keep popping up in the States all the time. :D

I think I should just become the local distributor for Special Editions, although none would ever actually get sold :)

Nov 26, 2019 at 10:46 AM Post #20,271 of 40,485
I think I should just become the local distributor for Special Editions, although none would ever actually get sold :)
tenor.gif

Nov 26, 2019 at 3:14 PM Post #20,273 of 40,485
My Valks are coming home. I hope my fit is right this time. I'm stoked!

Please post pics once they do! Would be nice to see which design you chose.

On that note, I'm looking at buying a customer Legend X during the Black Friday sales and I'm looking to buy either of the limited edition faceplates (both sides, my ocd can't deal with asymmetry haha) or going understated with a Onyx black faceplate with gold wings and a translucent coloured shell. Ive searched the EE instagram page and have come across a few nice photos but if anyone who has any of these combinations wants to show off their beautiful customs to help me decide It'd be greatly appreciated!

Nov 26, 2019 at 3:48 PM Post #20,274 of 40,485
Please post pics once they do! Would be nice to see which design you chose.

On that note, I'm looking at buying a customer Legend X during the Black Friday sales and I'm looking to buy either of the limited edition faceplates (both sides, my ocd can't deal with asymmetry haha) or going understated with a Onyx black faceplate with gold wings and a translucent coloured shell. Ive searched the EE instagram page and have come across a few nice photos but if anyone who has any of these combinations wants to show off their beautiful customs to help me decide It'd be greatly appreciated!
My Legend X should be coming in the next week or so... I got them to look like this. Saw this on their Instagram and couldn't resist.

Blackberry Burl w/translucent storm shell
HtRf8ni.png

Nov 27, 2019 at 2:23 AM Post #20,276 of 40,485
+1 on the Legend X, took advantage of those Black Friday (or did they once again take advantage of me), and ordered a universal

I generally much much prefer customs to universals, but the EE IEMs have fit me better than any other I've tried so I decided to go down that path for now.

Could you guys make some cable pairing suggestions? Something to maybe calm down the midbass a little bit and give them a touch more midrange and treble

Nov 27, 2019 at 6:34 AM Post #20,279 of 40,485
+1 on the Legend X, took advantage of those Black Friday (or did they once again take advantage of me), and ordered a universal

I generally much much prefer customs to universals, but the EE IEMs have fit me better than any other I've tried so I decided to go down that path for now.

Could you guys make some cable pairing suggestions? Something to maybe calm down the midbass a little bit and give them a touch more midrange and treble
Did swap the cables between my Valkys and interestingly both are more balanced now (to my ears)

LX - Eros
Valkyrie- Ares

Edit: cleaned the double reply.

Last edited:
Nov 27, 2019 at 6:37 AM Post #20,280 of 40,485
Get an affordable Eros II 8 wire.
THanks
Got an Eros to pair with it. Slight difference,

Did swap the cables between my Valkys and interestingly both are more balanced now (to my ears)

LX - Eros
Valkyrie- Ares
Interesting. I think I will hold off a bit, as I have two Eletech cables arriving soon, and i'd like to do some extensive testing on the LX with a bunch of different cables before picking a specific one for it :)

I'll certainly keep the Eros under consideration though

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back