Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Nov 6, 2019 at 11:49 AM Post #20,136 of 40,526
I did with the tour and like the SQ better than with Eros II 8wire I have but prefer the Grandioso 8 wire which is not available yet.
Wow, the cheaper Grandioso bettered the more expensive eros 8 wire paired with the phantom?.. I prefer the ergonomics of the 4 wire cable , so looking like i'll be placing an order for the Grandioso then .

Nov 6, 2019 at 12:27 PM Post #20,137 of 40,526
20191106_080821.jpg Going old school today

Nov 6, 2019 at 8:35 PM Post #20,138 of 40,526
I did with the tour and like the SQ better than with Eros II 8wire I have but prefer the Grandioso 8 wire which is not available yet.
Wow, the cheaper Grandioso bettered the more expensive eros 8 wire paired with the phantom?.. I prefer the ergonomics of the 4 wire cable , so looking like i'll be placing an order for the Grandioso then .

Geez... the 4 wire sounds better than the Eros 8 wire? Hmm... I'm thinking I might order one myself...

Nov 7, 2019 at 10:40 PM Post #20,143 of 40,526
Hi guys
Just got my legend X recently
Now looking for a wire to pair it with sp1000ss
Any recommendations?
If you can stand the wait, there's nothing better than Double Helix Cables' Clone Silver. No alloys, pure metals, soft-ish, pliable, sturdy outer jacket, and stellar workmanship & sound quality. Not inexpensive, but not ridiculously artificially jacked up prices for relatively basic alloy or plated conductor cables, like at least one or two brands I can think of are. Only downside is sometimes the wait can be longer than a lot of people are willing to tolerate. But definitely well worth it.

Nov 8, 2019 at 3:02 AM Post #20,144 of 40,526
If you can stand the wait, there's nothing better than Double Helix Cables' Clone Silver. No alloys, pure metals, soft-ish, pliable, sturdy outer jacket, and stellar workmanship & sound quality. Not inexpensive, but not ridiculously artificially jacked up prices for relatively basic alloy or plated conductor cables, like at least one or two brands I can think of are. Only downside is sometimes the wait can be longer than a lot of people are willing to tolerate. But definitely well worth it.

DHC's work is fantastic indeed. If it weren't for the lead times, I'd have gotten myself a Symbiote SP V3 by now. :D

Nov 8, 2019 at 4:13 AM Post #20,145 of 40,526
IMG_20191108_165952.jpg

I really cannot stress enough that the Zeus-XR that was released a couple of years ago is really a true Top of the Line earphone. Changed to a better silver-based cable and better DAP-source that are released in recent years, you can really see how it scales and does not bottleneck at all. Although it is now discontinued and unable to be found in catalogue on Empire Ears website (correct me if I am wrong) and it is only available in Massdrop's version at a bargain of a price. Even with extensive A/B comparison with recently released TOTL earphones , I don't see Zeus-XR hiding its face under the glory of newer releases. Zeus is still shining and I don't see myself having to upgrade because the Zeus-XR fights off my itch of getting new earphones. I even compare the Zeus-XR with my Utopia headphones just for fun, and they really do trade blows in some aspects. Really can't thanks enough to Empire Ears that they produce such a gem for my ears.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back