Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Aug 16, 2019 at 12:21 AM Post #19,201 of 40,559
The old case was indeed a very tight fit and I never use it for my Phantom. Especially with aftermarket cables (including the now stock Ares II) there is just not a lot of room and you need to get the IEMs in just right. It is probably worse with universals than with customs because of the tips. I think the new case is a great improvement in that regards and I wish I had several of those lying around.
That settles it for me then,i wont close the case,i dont leave house with them anyhow

Your correct,very hard to get in right

And i was so worried i would be sent the new case

i love the idea the ears are in seperate slots so they dont smash about,but now i see they are squished UGH

Cheers mate

Aug 16, 2019 at 12:23 AM Post #19,202 of 40,559
I bought the Silver Dragon because I like the way the Moon cables hang. Especially around the ears with the memory wire. BTW it is a V1. The sound is very comparable to the stock LX cable. I was just amazed at the difference the Ares II made with the Fourte. It is still sounding fine today and I now grab for the Fourte. I am not a believer in buying a cable to change the sound of an iem I have bought because I like the sound as purchased. It actually troubles me that there was such a dramatic sound change. IMO a low resistance, low capacitance cable should be the starting point for any iem manufacturer. If a cable then changes the sound it must have some degrading electrical properties. I sometimes wonder if there is any actual science involved in the iem world or let's make it and see how it sounds. Of course the ear canal is so closely linked to the iem that I doubt the sound is the same for anyone so science is probably impossible. Marketing is the magic in this hobby.

Cheers mate

Aug 16, 2019 at 2:31 AM Post #19,203 of 40,559
That settles it for me then,i wont close the case,i dont leave house with them anyhow

Your correct,very hard to get in right

And i was so worried i would be sent the new case

i love the idea the ears are in seperate slots so they dont smash about,but now i see they are squished UGH

Cheers mate
I suspect the previous case was designed with CIEMs and the old stock cable in mind and as EE developed newer models and started using EA cables the fit was less ideal. (Not sure if true, just seems like it.) I do agree that it is very nice if the IEMs have their own separate slots. Although if the new case is like the one Jomo uses (which I expect because EE and Jomo are good friends), then it is really great for home storage. Like you, I don't use my Phantoms out and about. But then again, I have the luxury of multiple IEMs and DAPs, and so have a different setup for on the go. [insert grinning spoiled little brat smiley] :D

Aug 16, 2019 at 3:02 AM Post #19,205 of 40,559
Feel that a little bit with my S8Fs; they're unbelievably detailed, but it's quite fatiguing. Now that I'm more used to my LX, it's even more apparent... I think I'm also a bit treble sensitive too, frankly.

You can see that a bit here, if you compare to EE's tuning:

S8F-S2-1.jpg

edit: or, a direct comparison that i hacked together in mathematica because i don't have photoshop on this machine and am not a patron of crin's

Everybody can use the comparison tool, btw. No need to go through such hoops in the future :)

Aug 16, 2019 at 3:54 AM Post #19,206 of 40,559
Have anyone Custom designed an EE IEM with their own uploaded Art work? If so could you share some Pictures of it? I'm interested in how it comes out.

You can check out BKK Audio’s Instagram page. They’re EE’s Thai dealer and they post photos of their IEMs quite often. There are a few just in the screenshot below that have custom artwork on them:

2EBD5490-F8C7-410C-9418-7A0A1E197B1C.png

Aug 16, 2019 at 10:39 AM Post #19,207 of 40,559
Everybody can use the comparison tool, btw. No need to go through such hoops in the future :)
hot damn... i literally googled "crinacle frequency response comparison" and when it wasn't the first result, I instantly thought, "oh yeah, patron only!". I maybe should have scrolled all the way down to the second result to see the right result :|.

Aug 16, 2019 at 11:17 AM Post #19,209 of 40,559
My Phantom was done with a picture from the internet showing my love for Prince :

that looks great—I also really love the black faceplate + translucent red shell, wow! It looks classier than I would have expected.

EDIT: obvious in retrospect, but Alive 2007 on the Legend X... :eyes:

Last edited:
Aug 16, 2019 at 11:30 PM Post #19,212 of 40,559
Two things to say:

- New kids in the house!
Gold_Silver (1).jpg

- Found the perfect replacement for my beloved IER-Z1r, even better, perfect fit and a bit more mid as I wanted. Couldn't be happier!

Thanks EE! Amazing support from @Devon Higgins and Austin

Aug 16, 2019 at 11:32 PM Post #19,213 of 40,559
Two things to say:

- New kids in the house!

- Found the perfect replacement for my beloved IER-Z1r, even better, perfect fit and a bit more mid as I wanted. Couldn't be happier!

Thanks EE! Amazing support from @Devon Higgins and Austin

Is that LX? What made you decide to go with Empire Ears?

Aug 17, 2019 at 1:25 AM Post #19,214 of 40,559
Is that LX? What made you decide to go with Empire Ears?
The Lx indeed.

First I was looking for a hybrid IEM to complement my A12t and give the rumble of the DD for my Hip-hop songs. Then after trying JH Lola, Noble Khan and Sony Z1r, it was love at first sight with Z1r, got it and it's an amazing IEM, but with a horrible fit for my ears, so was a love hate relationship until I got a chance to try QDC VX, VE8 and LX, again VX and VE8 are amazing IEM that I would have easily as the first round, but only the LX got the smile I had with the Z1r and the filling of "getting home after a long work day, open a beer, sit on the couch and relax" as the Z1r did.

Will spend more time with it now and will come with some impressions compared to my A12t.

Aug 17, 2019 at 9:55 AM Post #19,215 of 40,559
The Lx indeed.

First I was looking for a hybrid IEM to complement my A12t and give the rumble of the DD for my Hip-hop songs. Then after trying JH Lola, Noble Khan and Sony Z1r, it was love at first sight with Z1r, got it and it's an amazing IEM, but with a horrible fit for my ears, so was a love hate relationship until I got a chance to try QDC VX, VE8 and LX, again VX and VE8 are amazing IEM that I would have easily as the first round, but only the LX got the smile I had with the Z1r and the filling of "getting home after a long work day, open a beer, sit on the couch and relax" as the Z1r did.

Will spend more time with it now and will come with some impressions compared to my A12t.

The Legend X and A12t are a great pairing. It is what I use now, although I do still have my Angie II. I may sell it.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back