Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Jul 12, 2019 at 5:25 PM Post #18,452 of 40,559
I really like the look of the storage can. Just ordered one from Charles at the Headfoneshop in Toronto for my Legend X.

Jul 12, 2019 at 5:59 PM Post #18,453 of 40,559
Jul 12, 2019 at 6:26 PM Post #18,454 of 40,559
Just congrats whoever designed those faceplates for the new kids. They look really nice!
in their full res glory:

Wraith:
Wraith_7.jpg

Valkyrie:
Valkyrie_3.jpg

The Valkyrie is sick as hell—what even is that? It's like soap bubbles made solid.

Jul 12, 2019 at 11:55 PM Post #18,460 of 40,559
Any own either Valkyrie or Wraith yet?
or at least tested them?
Possible to hear a brief description of the sonic signature?
How do they compare with a Zeus XR?

I was actually about to buy an XR, until I heard these 2 launched.... :k701smile:

Jul 13, 2019 at 12:02 AM Post #18,461 of 40,559
Any own either Valkyrie or Wraith yet?
or at least tested them?
Possible to hear a brief description of the sonic signature?
How do they compare with a Zeus XR?

I was actually about to buy an XR, until I heard these 2 launched.... :k701smile:

I only listened to Valkyrie at CanJam SoCal about 30 min at least and forgot my Phantom for that moment. I think it sounds more detail than Phantom but less warmer. Some Headfiers said that Valkyrie SQ is between Phantom and LegendX. Wraith is not my cup of tea!

Last edited:
Jul 13, 2019 at 5:02 PM Post #18,463 of 40,559
Well i almost got no sleep last night, because i could not stop listening to music with N8 and EE-LX(Balanced,i really havent gave tubes a chance yet) After 6 or maybe 8 hrs battery was near 20 or less% and i couldn't stay awake for a re-charge LOL

So far things like Massive Attack, Ghostpoet, Portishead, Ondskapt, Pink Floyd, Legendary Pink Dots, Extreme Black n Death metal(well-recorded ones) have so many subtle layers revealed, Agalloch is incredible, Edwards voice on Pink dots is right next to you

Things like Massive attack & Ghostpoet have so much low end, its unbelievable

i really have not tried many/any of mi hires files yet,i have not listened to so many cd rips in a few years, even they sound incredible, Certain General_Novembers heat is exceptionally dynamic

The best way i can explain the LX is a speaker experience,at times they just disappear in my ears/head and all i feel/hear is music

Jul 13, 2019 at 10:54 PM Post #18,464 of 40,559
The Wraith and Valkyrie are now available for pre-order on the site!
No rest for my wallet eh? Those faceplates are amazing! Too bad they arn't reversed. Amethyst on the Valkyrie looks insane. Good timing though, I was looking for a pair of universals to complement my CIEMs

Oh wow, the wraith comes with the EA Cleopatra cable?
Did a double take and checked. That might actually explain the price tag somewhat.

I really like the look of the storage can. Just ordered one from Charles at the Headfoneshop in Toronto for my Legend X.
Just pinged Charles to see when he's bring Wraith and Valkyrie in.

Jul 13, 2019 at 10:57 PM Post #18,465 of 40,559
I only listened to Valkyrie at CanJam SoCal about 30 min at least and forgot my Phantom for that moment. I think it sounds more detail than Phantom but less warmer. Some Headfiers said that Valkyrie SQ is between Phantom and LegendX. Wraith is not my cup of tea!
I heard mostly Zeus Sucessor being thrown around with the Wraith, and I'm not sure in a good or bad way since I ended up moving on from Zeus, so it makes me wonder.

The descriptions out of Canjam definitely interested me regarding Valkyrie, and SQ between Phantom and LX? Definitely sounds like my cup of tea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back